Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Beta testers needed for new MSQC Shipping program

Question about the Jenny on the Road ticket: how is "your area" going to be defined? Will it be by state or within a certain mile radius? I have a ticket to see Jenny on the Road in Michigan in August but live in Ohio, about 2.5 - 3 hours away. This is the closest she has been to my area so far.

Love the idea of electronic access to Block, I had to cancel my subscription because my mail carrier was either stealing them or delivering them to the wrong house.

I use M* quilting services about once a year. The discount would be an incentive for me. I regret I won't be signing up as a beta-tester -- recent Vet bills made too big of a dent in my wallet.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Before I'd spend any more time, and money trying to make a "subscription" appease the troops over shipping complaints, I'd fix the shipping problem first. If you don't the "subscribers" will still wonder... why'd I do this?

Just because "Prime" works, (or not) for Amazon is their typical user. This group of quilters have different needs and buying habits. And, you are not selling a commodity, which I estimate to be half of the sales shipped to Prime members.

You gotta fix that car before you can win any races.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Finally decided to read this thread to see what it was all about.

I stopped ordering from this great company a couple of years ago when my orders starting having tax added at our border. This isn't the company's fault and they have zero control over it, unless they broker the deal which cricut.com does.

At any rate, as a Canadian, I would have no interest in this because of the credit for machine quilting. I am a long arm quilter, so I wouldn't be doing that to begin with, but if I wasn't, I wouldn't want to know how much it would cost to ship a quilt to you and back to Canada. A few months back it cost me $18 to send a flat quilting pattern in an envelope with tracking to a lady in Michigan!

If you could rejig your beta program to perhaps not include the quilting credit, then it may prove popular. However, you are going to have to guarantee the shipping times as people won't stand for delayed shipping when they are paying good money for expedited shipping. Just my two cents.

4. Thanks auntstuff, The_Last_Unicorn thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanquilts View Post
    Before I'd spend any more time, and money trying to make a "subscription" appease the troops over shipping complaints, I'd fix the shipping problem first. If you don't the "subscribers" will still wonder... why'd I do this?

Just because "Prime" works, (or not) for Amazon is their typical user. This group of quilters have different needs and buying habits. And, you are not selling a commodity, which I estimate to be half of the sales shipped to Prime members.

You gotta fix that car before you can win any races.

I cannot believe you people are STILL gripping over shipping. I did a sample of other companies. I would think after comparing the others to MSQ you'd stop complaining.
    Fab.com $5.00 8-10 days
    Equilter 6.99 2 day ship
    Paducah $7.99 5-7 days
    Joann $7.99 up to 10 days
    Fat Qtr. 7.99 up to 7 days / 2-day $20.00 seriously!
    Conn. Threads $4.99 5-14 days
    Nancy's $6.99 5-9 days.
    MSQ $7.00 2 day ship!!
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

So I signed up for this as soon as I saw it! I just discovered MSQC about a year ago and I get most of my fabric from there and all of the templates. I live in MO and the normal $5 shipping is a big savings over most any other online shopping company. And the orders ship out within a day and they get to me in a couple of days. I've not taken an online class but I will now, I think that's a wonderful perk, as well as the shopping credit at the store since I do plan on making a trip there. I just started sewing again a couple of years ago, so I am not a machine quilter and i have used their quilting services 4-5 times, so I will definitely use that credit as well. For me, this was a great subscription offer and I'm totally on board!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ktdid View Post
    I cannot believe you people are STILL gripping over shipping. I did a sample of other companies. I would think after comparing the others to MSQ you'd stop complaining.
    Fab.com $5.00 8-10 days
    Equilter 6.99 2 day ship
    Paducah $7.99 5-7 days
    Nancy's $6.99 5-9 days.
    MSQ $7.00 2 day ship!!
    This thread isn't about "griping" about shipping. It may have strayed off the beaten path a bit, but it is about feedback as requested by the OP.

You are right about the costs. Freight rates are pretty much the same, and transit times are consistent with the other suppliers. The complaints mostly are about the standard shipping method, and the lack of other options.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

8. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Most of what's being offered, for many of us, is like putting gravy on a t-bone steak. It adds calories (revenue) but doesn't improve the flavor (value). But the cook likes making gravy.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

10. Thanks EnumclawGramma, shermur, Lyndaj thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I don't pay for machine quilting, and I don't know if I'll ever get to Hamilton, so sorry, but . . . big pass.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Itís really out of my personal budget, though itís a nice thought. Being retired I donít spend that much money. Sorry!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ktdid View Post
    Fab.com $5.00 8-10 days
    Equilter 6.99 2 day ship
    Paducah $7.99 5-7 days
    Nancy's $6.99 5-9 days.
    MSQ $7.00 2 day ship!!
    KTdid- Just wondering why you omitted the 2-3 Day USPS priority mail option for $4.95? I didn't check the other prices, but this is one I know and use.

Al - I agree with those who say that we just need a good ole USPS solution - like when you first went into business. I've been around here long enough to remember $5 Flat rate shipping by first class/priority mail. I wouldn't mind paying $7 for that, but these other services just aren't worth it.

All in all, I am glad that you are listening and trying to work out a solution, but, I am getting ready to retire and my stashing days are going to be behind me soon. At least I may have time now to finish those partially done projects I couldn't get what I needed in time to finish for gifting.
    Donna

14. Thanks shermur thanked for this post