Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Beta testers needed for new MSQC Shipping program

Quote Originally Posted by Bernina2 View Post
    It seems most comments are about shipping.
    Taking a long time to receive orders.
    I live 50-60 miles from Hamilton and it
    takes 7 business days to receive an order.
    No big deal for me, I always order fabric
    for the ‘next’ quilt project.
    It seems the three options you posted
    does not address the problems most
    People have complaints about the
    length of time to receive an order.
    Thats because Fedex sends your orders and mine, all the way to Southhaven Mississippi, hangs on to it a day or 2, then drags it AALL the way back again.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I would actually be tempted by the $50 in town credit. My mom and I do a retreat yearly. Is that actually part of the beta test now or just a hypothetical?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bernina2 View Post
    It seems most comments are about shipping.
    Taking a long time to receive orders.
    I live 50-60 miles from Hamilton and it
    takes 7 business days to receive an order.
    No big deal for me, I always order fabric
    for the ‘next’ quilt project.
    It seems the three options you posted
    does not address the problems most
    People have complaints about the
    length of time to receive an order.
    there is literally an unlimited 2 day shipping, that 100% solves the time to get a package doesn't it?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

@auntstuff I am absolutely shocked I have not been able to delight you with these new ideas, you're normally so delightable

5. Thanks Judy, USMC, The_Last_Unicorn thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Al, us financially challenged take a lot more than what you offer to part with what small amount we can spare. And paying MORE for the decent shipping we can get elsewhere really doesn't help much.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

7. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

BillNye, here's my opinion as a consumer:

I will not under any circumstances pay for a "subscription service", Not Amazon Prime, Not Fruit of the Month Club, Not Dollar Razor Club for Women, Not a LA Fitness , and not even MSQ (even though I love your company).

I will not pay for a service or perk that I may or may not use, like, need, or want. If a Company wants my business, then they will provide their products or service for a reasonable, fair, and competitive price without me having to pay a "subscription fee" to get those prices. Personally I think MSQ already does that for the most part.

I am however a bit concerned that if MSQ does a subscription service for shipping, then those of us without the subscription are going to see the shipping prices increase drastically to help offset the cost of the shipping costs of those with the subscription. Just like Amazon did!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    BillNye, here's my opinion as a consumer:

I will not under any circumstances pay for a "subscription service", Not Amazon Prime, Not Fruit of the Month Club, Not Dollar Razor Club for Women, Not a LA Fitness , and not even MSQ (even though I love your company).

I will not pay for a service or perk that I may or may not use, like, need, or want. If a Company wants my business, then they will provide their products or service for a reasonable, fair, and competitive price without me having to pay a "subscription fee" to get those prices. Personally I think MSQ already does that for the most part.

I am however a bit concerned that if MSQ does a subscription service for shipping, then those of us without the subscription are going to see the shipping prices increase drastically to help offset the cost of the shipping costs of those with the subscription. Just like Amazon did!
    Thank you for saying it so well!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another perspective just in case you think Amazon is so perfect. I am not a prime member just a regular customer. I ordered something last Monday from Amazon and it arrived today. That's 6 days. Now I know it was busy for them it was "Prime Week." Did they add more staff? No. My dd works for Amazon as a picker normally they all work four 10-hour days. During Prime Week everyone had to work 12 hour shifts. I asked her did they give you an extra break or something? Not really. They increased their normal 15 min break to 20 minutes.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Beta testers needed for new MSQC Shipping program

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    there is literally an unlimited 2 day shipping, that 100% solves the time to get a package doesn't it?
    Okay, call me slow but I never actually caught the fact this was standard shipping and 2 day shipping. I thought this was the “normal” FedEx smart post and FedEx Ground (since FedEx ground actually only takes 2 days for us once they admit they have it, which can take a day or 2). I'm guessing “standard” is ground, not smart post and 2 day is, well 2 day? If so that changes the math a bit in my head :-)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristler View Post
    Okay, call me slow but I never actually caught the fact this was standard shipping and 2 day shipping. I thought this was the “normal” FedEx smart post and FedEx Ground (since FedEx ground actually only takes 2 days for us once they admit they have it, which can take a day or 2). I'm guessing “standard” is ground, not smart post and 2 day is, well 2 day? If so that changes the math a bit in my head :-)
    Pretty sure standard is the normal shipping that M* uses, which is Smartpost. The 2 day would be what ever it is when you pay the $2 extra on an order, probably still Fed Ex
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.