Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Beta testers needed for new MSQC Shipping program

But there are MANY of us, not all of them post here, who would NEVER travel there nor ever want to send a quilt there, nor go to a retreat or trunk show. We just buy fabric and quilt. I know we are the "plain janes" of this world, but there are many more of us than you know.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

2. Thanks am2901, The_Last_Unicorn, shermur thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing wrong with wanting to promote the Hamilton stores or the quilting services.

Faster, discounted shipping is a great way to get online shoppers to choose MSQC over the competition. I don't think anyone else is offering anything like the 2-day shipping options Al is proposing. This could be a big game changer.

The question is, what's going to add value to these subscriptions for customers to want to invest $99+ on the spot? And how can MSQC add that value without giving away all their profit?

To me, the risk of including a perk that very few customers will be able to use is that they'll see it as something they "paid for" but can't use. The cost to offer the perk to the few who will use it will be more than absorbed by those who can't, and even if not, those of us who make the pilgrimage to Hamilton will certainly spend way more than $50 :p Not saying this is how it would be, just how it could be perceived.

Some perks that might add value for a bigger cross section of customers are a greater percentage of purchases counting toward QC, or perhaps a small discount off each purchase, or a perk that happens after you make 10 qualifying purchases (suppose a total purchase discount or bonus QC).

Edit: I wasn't trying to argue with anyone, sorry it came across like that.
    Last edited by The_Last_Unicorn; July 19th, 2019 at 10:35 PM.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Unicorn View Post
    There's nothing wrong with wanting to promote the Hamilton stores or the quilting services.

Faster, discounted shipping is a great way to get online shoppers to choose MSQC over the competition. I don't think anyone else is offering anything like the 2-day shipping options Al is proposing. This could be a big game changer.

The question is, what's going to add value to these subscriptions for customers to want to invest $99+ on the spot? And how can MSQC add that value without giving away all their profit?

To me, the risk of including a perk that very few customers will be able to use is that they'll see it as something they "paid for" but can't use. The cost to offer the perk to the few who will use it will be more than absorbed by those who can't, and even if not, those of us who make the pilgrimage to Hamilton will certainly spend way more than $50 :p Not saying this is how it would be, just how it could be perceived.

Some perks that might add value for a bigger cross section of customers are a greater percentage of purchases counting toward QC, or perhaps a small discount off each purchase, or a perk that happens after you make 10 qualifying purchases (suppose a total purchase discount or bonus QC).
    Wherever did you get the idea I thought there was? Just would like to see things that appeal to us who don't get out much, or even want to.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Al - I could say the reason is I like to finish my quilts myself, but the REAL reason is Iím too lazy to go to the post office or UPS store and box up my quilt top to send it to Hamilton.
    If I ordered more frequently I might do the 2 day option. I have a hard time finding time to quilt anymore. The Blockís might make it worthwhile.
    The longest a M* package took to get to me was 7 business days. Iím in NV., so I really donít have a problem with the shipping. Just trying to explain what I think is the issue most customers are having. I think from a business perspective youíre wise in keeping the bonuses (like Block) digital.
    Heather

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

HI AL,
    I don't know how feasible this would be but-
    There are days when I see a Daily Deal I really like and would love to be able to purchase more than one. Perhaps in one of the options you're offering we could be a given a certain amount of days that we could purchase more than one Daily Deal. That might be something that would appeal to a larger audience since there are many who do their own quilting or may not be able to visit your town and shops.

I had the pleasure of visiting Hamilton last September and it was a dream come true but due to the distance most likely I won't be able to visit again. I loved my three days there and your mom's trunk show!

I really like the option of access of the digital copies of Block. As much as I loved receiving it I ran out of space storing them all so that would be an incentive for me.
    Last edited by Cathy F; July 20th, 2019 at 12:30 AM.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

7. Thanks Vonnie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Al,

Thank you, for trying to come up with ways to improve our quilting shopping experience. I didn't see any of the three options that I would be interested in. I have been to Hamilton and we drove from Alabama, I doubt I will ever be able to go again ( we had a wonderful time! ). I also do my own machine quilting. I have been getting the Block Magazine since you introduced it and love it, but I like the printed version.

I have tried the 2 day shipping and I love it for those things that I need fast. I am glad you gave us that option.

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Tried a few other things, curious your thoughts -

OPTION A
    Free standard shipping
    $50 Machine quilting credit
    $50 In town credit for when you visit Hamilton
    A free Jenny on the Road ticket for when she gets to your area
    Unlimited access to all digital versions of the BLOCK magazine
    the cost for this is $99

OPTION B
    Free 2 day shipping
    $50 Machine quilting credit
    $50 In town credit
    the cost for this is $149

OPTION C
    Free Standard shipping
    $100 Machine quilting credit
    $50 In town credit
    the cost for this is $129
    I like these better. The Block is what helps me here. The other perks are nice, but not anything we would likely use often. We just came to Hamilton for the Academy this May and loved the shops, etc. We would enjoy shopping there again, but it just to far to come often (over 400 miles) and nothing else in the area that we would come for. Again we would not use the Machine quilting credit. I did like the suggestion of a free online classes in another post. Maybe make it about the shipping with one or 2 other perks as an option. $99 for standard shipping select 2 of the following: Digital Block, $50 in town credit, $50 machine quilting credit, Jenny on the road ticket or 2 free online MS Academy online classes. Anyway maybe options like that. Youíre getting close p, for us anyway. I am now tempted with the Block access. Great youíre asking and getting feedback. I love the interactive research and getting all the ideas from customers like this. I think you have a good chance to make a good program this way.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think the reason the Amazon Prime works for people is that the shipping applies to such diverse products. I doubt individual companies can compete with that as Amazon negotiated some great deals with the postal services. So I guess this membership idea would be more along the lines of what places like Bluprint is doing or even say quilting companies that have things like Thread clubs or such. (Blueprint isn't a good example because many of us simply will not join because we just don't trust them. They give the impression of not really caring about their customers or their instructors and be based in mainly greed). In the case of Prime ($11) I didn't join until I realized I could drop my other tv venues (like Dish $20 and Netflix $11), and come out with an extra $20 per month plus save shipping costs)

I fall in a category that auntstuff mentions. My lower income gives me maybe $40 a month to spend so I have to really take care as to my purchases. When I thought about picking up quilting I knew that the cost of having thing quilted by a LAQ would be prohibitive for me and fortunately I received a little chunk of money and used it to purchase my LA which in the end would save me money and make a hobby of quilting feasible for me. So my quilting costs are taken care of and like many here the plan is of no benefit to me as it currently stands. So I've been thinking how it might become attractive.

So this is what I came up with that might attract me to a membership. I'm trying to think of ways that not only are a benefit to me but might be cost attractive to you as a company and include an increase in sales and customer base.

I imagine that with your LA service you already have a good arrangement in place for batting as you must use oodles of it. Perhaps with that option of the savings on your quilting service, you could also offer a choice of that or a reduced cost for batting. This would be something that might be attractive all your customers as we all need batting. If you don't already have the lowest cost as a bulk customers from your supplier then perhaps the extra sales it would generate would give you an even lower bulk rate? You don't have to offer an array of batting types but perhaps the most commonly used one, whatever you generally use the most anyway. (I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well enough :-)

Karen's idea of free subscription for Block in the digital version would also be attractive to me if included in a membership.

Some type of shipping benefits. (Although I've not had any problems, ever apparently it would be helpful to some of your other customers)

The only other thing I wish someone would do somehow is a cheaper way to purchase some of the every day things we use that are "small" items but necessary. Specifically needles, thread..We could always use that even if it only lists a few types or colors. Granted Superior Threads offers a monthly membership but frankly I doubt most of us use that much to warrant a membership club for it. I don't know how or what combination would be feasible but it's just a thought.

Most importantly (at least for me) is that a membership be also offered on a monthly fee basis, anything over say $13 a month might limit my ability to join something like this.

Anyway, just some thoughts.
    Last edited by Carlie Wolf; July 20th, 2019 at 09:41 AM.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

11. Thanks shermur, auntstuff thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of access to the digital version of the Block included in membership. I would like to see the choice of being able to purchase 2 of the daily deals . I think an earlier post mentioned this. For me, that would be more valuable than quilting services, and actually, it would mean more sales for you.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

It seems most comments are about shipping.
    Taking a long time to receive orders.
    I live 50-60 miles from Hamilton and it
    takes 7 business days to receive an order.
    No big deal for me, I always order fabric
    for the Ďnextí quilt project.
    It seems the three options you posted
    does not address the problems most
    People have complaints about the
    length of time to receive an order.

14. Thanks shermur, auntstuff thanked for this post