Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Beta testers needed for new MSQC Shipping program

while I love M*, I haven't used it much lately because the shipping took too long. But 2 day shipping thrills me. I would not use the machine quilting, but other perks would be of interest. I've been a Amazon Prime member for a decade, and love the service. And I don't even watch the video, lol.
    Diana Grey

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I know that MSQ quilt ALOT of quilts every month, but the point that we here in this forum that have replied are saying is "that is not a perk for us, as we quilt our own quilts".
    That's not to say your other customers wouldn't appreciate that perk, but for many of us in this forum, that perk is not one that we would benefit from, so it might as well not exist for us.

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

A machine quilting credit would encourage me to try the machine quilting service. I do my own quilting, but it would be nice to have one done for me.

Free and/or fast shipping is fine and well, but ultimately what drives me to buy is selection. I like seeing new precuts and collections from modern and contemporary designers (think design houses like Dear Stella, Free Spirit). If there's nothing that really catches my eye, I don't want to end up with fabric I only kinda like just because I wanted something new. Often, the prettiest coordinating yardage for precuts is sold out soon after they appear on the site. Then I'd have to buy border fabric somewhere else.

I haven't been depending on MSQC for basics like solids since the selection and availability can be pretty lackluster. The Grunge Basics selection offered by MSQC is very limited compared to other online shops.

4. Thanks Cathy F thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just set you an email asking to be a tester.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I also do most of my own quilting. I never have used M*'s quilting services. If I have a larger quilt that needs to be done, I use a local LA quilter. There are several in my quilt guild.

7. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone's covered all I could say , but just to be adding my voice here in agreement, I will post this. Never been a fan of Amazon . I would be happy if MSQC just went back to their previous shipping system to Canada. I understand we are a whole other ballgame here. For us the exchange rate makes a huge dent in a lot of our choices . So shipping to us was just right before FedEx. Thanks for hearing us .

9. Thanks Lyndaj, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    I'm curious how you all are approaching the math on this. In my head if we gave you a big chunk of the money back in the form of machine quilting, it's pretty much a wash then you also get free shipping (take the $100 in machine quilting for $129 for example).

The last unicorn, you look at it strictly as the shipping where you'd need to break 1.3 orders a month to make it worth it from a shipping standpoint, if you had the machine quilting credit, would you not use it? Should we try to build a program that ONLY offered shipping discounts and not other perks?
    Yes a program that includes the perk of machine quilting is not for me or many others that I know. A program with shipping offers and maybe even other fabric deals might entice me tho.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

11. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh I love the first option except for the credit for quilting. I do not ever send anything to anyone to be quilted. If another perk were offered, you would have me for sure.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I received the email invite and will be signing up tomorrow. Some of the perks in the package I will be testing were not necessarily important to me, but on the whole, I think I will either break even or be ahead. Glad that you are trying new and inventive ideas, and asking opinions before rolling out a final product.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Since a lot of the people here aren't interested in the machine quilting credit, how about making it equal amount of Quilter's Cash? It still ends up being something that would be spent at M* and might grab more interest to those that do their own quilting.

Another question is, are the quilting credits a "use it or lose it" type deal or can your credit roll over and be combined with your credit the following year. If it accumulates, again, maybe more of an incentive is someone can work toward getting a larger quilt done on credits.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.