Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday hellos!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday hellos!

Good morning friends. It is going to be a very humid day with rain today. It is already a pretty gray day out.

I had a good day yesterday. My neighbour was using my clothesline and we chatted and visited, something we haven't done in a very very long time. We even sat outside for a while. I would say we were about 1/2 and let me tell you that sun is extremely hot. My nose got a little burned in that short time. I also did laundry after hers were dry. With the hot weather, it didn't take long to dry.

I spent the better part of the day putting laundry away. I don't mind washing but I hate to put it away. I also had myself a wee nap in the afternoon. I never did make it into the sewing room. I think I will try and get in there and do a little cleaning AGAIN!!

Maizyn and I had a breakfast chat yesterday morning. My breakfast was ready so I told her I was going to have breakfast with her. ???? So I explain that I will eat my breakfast while talking with her. Then she goes and gets herself a bowl of cereal so we indeed had breakfast together. She thought that was pretty cool. Her Dad is still away and I know she misses him.

Anita, it sure is nice to have you back. What will you do when your husband retires?

Wishing you all a great day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos!

Mornin all!

Monique, how sweet to have breakfast with Maizyn! You’re making wonderful memories!

I’m thinkin when DH retires, I won’t be here much. I won’t sew much.......maybe it’ll be an adjustment period and all will work out?
    I know we have lots of work to sell thisnold place and then there’s the matter of his dad.... not sure what will happen. He’s not taking care of himself (lives 400 miles away) has a son who lives 45 miles away who doesn’t call or visit much. DH has told him, take him to the docs and tell him what’s going on. Maybe we can get him to move if the doc will back us up.....?

We finally got some rain yesterday evening. Not lots, but it’ll do. Barry’s rain is to arrive later in the week....sniff...sniff. This weekend is a hammer dulcimer festival I attend every year......it’s to rain.....not as much fun when it rains. I still go.....I learn tons and it’s a blast!

Hope everyone is safe, comfy and enjoying life. Love to all!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Monique. I got to sleep in a bit this morning because I don't need to be over to watch Tessa until 9 but I woke up by 6:15 anyway. I spent a lot of time in the sewing room yesterday working on a window seat cushion cover for a friend. It has been quite a while since I've made anything like that and was pinning the boxing on when I realized I had forgotten to put the cording. I sure would not have been happy to spend that much time with my seam ripper if I had actually sewn the boxing on before spotting the large pile of cording on the corner of my cutting table.

Yesterday we also had to have the oil company come out and replace the replaced motor on our new boiler. It started doing the high pitched squealing again. The tech thinks they have received a bad batch of motors because he says this is not the first one he has had to replace on a new boiler recently. This is the second replacement they have installed on it.

Time to get the day moving along and get ready to head over to Tessa in a little while. It's going to be a pretty hot day today but right now it's beautiful out so I think I might go take a stroll around my garden. Have a good day eveyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It will be a hot one here in Philly. It gets hotter by the end of the week. I should be able to sew some more blocks for my quilt. I received some more fabric pieces from Etsy yesterday, so I should be in business. I ordered the new Air fryer made by Instant Pot from Walmart. I really like it and the fact that Walmart did a price adjustment via the chat feature on their app.
    Now I can cook without heating up the kitchen this summer.
    Have a good day.
    Beth

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning....Maggie goes to the groomer this morning and of course it's raining. Jeff has to work a double shift tonight and tomorrow night, so I will have plenty of time to get things done.

I need to finish a wedding clutch bag and make another one and that will take me over the top and I will be completely done sewing for the wedding. I got some sew-in magnetic snaps that I want to try on the last two bags.

Jeff had his check-up yesterday and his surgeon told him to be careful for one more week and then he can do whatever he wants to do. He has had minimal discomfort from his surgery.

I have a nice batch of chicken salad in the fridge, so I wont have to cook today. I'm happy eating it for lunch and dinner.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday...be safe. Hugs.....

10. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I kept busy most of the day yest. with laundry, changed the bed & aired the pillows out on the line in the sun, & cooked up the beans. Today I'll be baking DH's spelt bread. I start the first loaf in the bread machine right after DH's breakfast. Having the oven on will heat up the house, but there's no getting around that. We'll just turn on the swamp cooler.

We had a late afternoon rain shower yest. It really came down for a while. It sure cooled things off; the temp. dropped down into the 70's. Our high was 96 prior to that. When it's so hot, the rabbits stretch way out either in the dirt or on the cool grass to try to cool off. They look so long when they do that.

My friend Ann was transferred to the nursing home yest. afternoon. She'll continue to receive hospice comfort care. I'll try to see her again some time this week.

12. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    Same weather as Monique, with t-storms starting mid-day. It's my DD's birthday 34. She's a beautiful young woman, mom and wife. Tonight we are going to the restaurant with her family and my son is coming also. His BD is at the end of the month. Last night we went to DH's son's family for birthdays.

I visited mom yesterday and found her to be lost, confused and inattentive. I guess she has days like this, and wasn't taking part of conversation with us. She will be 96 in Sept. We also got word about DH's dad. At 95, he's had falls recently, so they got him a walker, but he forgets to use it, so he has more falls. He's sleeping more, but they are still bringing him to swimming pool and exercise room which he enjoys. We may have to plan a trip that way before the end of the year. Anita, I can understand being torn about your DH's dad. It's really difficult to do long distance care. It might be an option to move him while it's still possible. For DH's dad, that won't happen.

I think today I will design labels for a few quilts that are finished.

Have a beautiful day. Be safe from the storms.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

It's a busy bunch! I just got the email my prime day purchases are on the way. I miss having a laptop! I didn't get any sewing done yesterday. Seems like I spent most of the day on the phone.

Jim's dryer died for the second time since we moved down. He and Morgan decided to go ahead and get a new set. Last night, while she was at work I went with Jim to pick up the pair. What a long wait with three kids in tow. When we pulled in to the parking space, my phone rang. It was Melinda, she'll be here tonight! I called Mike and told him to scrub his bathroom and start dusting and vacuuming! I was hoping to have at least a couple of days notice!

Mike has a job interview this morning. I pray that he'll get the job and it's a good fit!

Time to finish up in the kitchen. I'll have company before you know it!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all,
    It's a beautiful day here with bright sunshine and a breeze but we're expecting some rain this afternoon and for the next few days. I went out into the veggie garden and filled a big bucket with weeds before it got too hot.
    The contractors arrived yesterday at 8 am and tore through my bedroom. Gone is all the old drywall and insulation (the nasty blown in kind). All the new insulation was in by the end of the day.
    Today the new electric will go in as well as the new windows. I'll have fixtures for two new lights in the closet so I can actually see my stash when it gets put back. And a few minutes ago my little heart went pitter patter because a truck arrived filled with new drywall. The hard part is just about finished and then it's a game of how long for the mud to dry. They will take it so far and then I will finish it up and get it ready to prime and paint. I need to add that I love to do drywall.....and paint. Then when the walls are finished the contractor for the floor comes in and in about two days I'll have a beautiful new floor.
    The hard part will be to decide where the furniture will go and how to arrange my stash in the closet.
    Well I think I hear the sound of drywall going up so I'm going to check.
    Hope everybody has a wonderful day!

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Same weather here in Minnesota....hot and humid. Nothing much going on here, which is okay. I was in bed early last night and slept like a rock after 3 days on my feet at work. I'm starting to wonder how much longer I'll stay at JoAnns. I tend to be an introvert, so it's a good way to get out and meet people, help them, etc., but lately my body doesn't appreciate the physical demands.

I hope to get out into the garden today, and also the sewing room. We'll see what the day brings. I bought a bunch of 1930's reproduction fabrics after work yesterday. They were all clearanced at 60% off, and then I had my employee discount on top of that. As soon as my ruler comes from M* I hope to start Jenny's pineapple quilt. She showed one made in the 1930's fabrics, and it was so beautiful....very vintage looking.

I hope you all have a blessed day.

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post