Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday hellos!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday hellos!

Is it OK to admit that I'm a wee bit grumpy today? I have always been a night owl. I had trouble getting to 8am classes in college—avoided them every chance I could. At my first computer programming job, I offered to work from 10am to 7pm "to free up computer time"; my manager agreed to never hold meetings before 10am. And at this time in my life, I can't fall asleep before midnight, and I typically wake up at 8am.

So when my hubby—who got held over on a business trip in Hawaii where it's three hours earlier than here—asked me if I wouldn't mind the clock repairman coming over at 8am, I said that was OK. After all, it was for the grandfather clock I inherited from my grandparents; I could get up for that. But neither of us realized hubby should give me contact info for the repairman. And it's three hours earlier in Hawaii. No repairman at 8am. No repairman at 9am. So I waited until 10am to call hubby to ask if said repairman had contacted him. His phone got a text at that moment, confirming the 11am appointment.

Yes, those clever iPhones adjust the time for you when you change time zones.

I literally dozed off on the couch this afternoon! Night owls have a tough time adjusting to American norms.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

2. Thanks MSN, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening,

Back again. DH has declared he can't do another birthday dinner for awhile. I had to remind him, we have another one next Tuesday. Feeling overstuffed even though I was reasonable. It's a chinese buffet with other foods. This month, they celebrating Canada with favorites such as poutine, maple cake and my favorite chocolate dipped bacon. I never had that growing up but it's my favorite desser there.

I got in to my eye doctor, my eye had been sore and blurry and this morning I discovered a large stye. She prescribed an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory ointment. I was already doing hot compresses for pain.

Taking it easy tonight. Good evening all.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Very late today, but thought I'd stop in and say hello. This has been a hectic week, and it's only Tuesday night. Yesterday was the first day to sign up for classes for the Houston quilt festival in October. What a mess! This was their first time having online enrollment where it was real time. They obviously did not do enough testing. It was to open up at "sometime after 10am". Well at 11:30, my friend and I gave up and went to lunch. When we got back around 12:30, it was finally up and running, but the payments weren't going through. Looking at their facebook page, there were many unhappy people. I actually felt a bit of sorrow for the poor person who had t answer the phones and emails that day.

Work has been very busy. My co-worker is getting ready for vacation later this week, and it seems like everything is becoming due. We both have various tasks that just keep getting pushed aside. So, I decided to stay late tonight to try to finish just one of the tasks. Well, when I realized it was 8 pm and I had been there since 6:30 am, I decided I could finish in the morning. Now, I am home and wide awake. I'll pay for it in the morning.

On the sewing front, I have started stabilizing the t shirts for a t-shirt quilt that my son and I donated to a fund raiser. This is the first time I have had so many projects (UFOs) in various stages. I usually like to finish one completely before starting another. I think I have 4 different quilts in various stages of piecing/cutting and 2 waiting to be quilted. I may have to find time soon to actually quilt the two that need to be quilted. At least then, my totals will be under 5 and I can feel better about it.

This weekend I promised to help a friend with a garage sale. It's supposed to be hot. Hope all of you have a pleasant rest of the week.

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post