Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Times

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping Times

I'm wondering what happened with the shipping of orders. I ordered a few times and each time my order took longer than a week. I am in the USA. One shipment went from Mo to Ga, to Pa to Indiana, and then to NJ. I just ordered something on Friday and still have not gotten a notification of when it will be shipped. I know that the package goes to Fedex and then at the end it goes to the PO. I am really not happy with this shipping policy.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Shipping Times

Fedex Smartpost is what happened. There really isn't a WORSE shipping service in the country. I'm just across the state line from *M and it takes more than a week, sometimes more than 2, for it to get here.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

3. Thanks AMG thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my workaround for the shipping delays. I ordered Friday when they had free shipping. I paid the $7 to have my order sent Fed Ex two day. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow and I am in California. This is great. (I dislike Smartpost because it takes weeks to get here and it seems to sit in places for a day or two.) So from now on I will order on free shipping days and pay for the Fed Ex. The way I look at it is it is only $2 more (on free shipping days.)

Jeannette

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess I am not going to order anymore. I can't see waiting so long for my items and seeing them travel all over the country for no reason. I think MSQC should think of another source for shipping.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Search "shipping" in the forum and you will see quite a bit explained. There was a recent post thread concerning that so it might also give you an overview of the various options you have.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Can't understand why they expect us to pay MORE for decent shipping when we can shop elsewhere and get that decent shipping for less.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love the tutorials and this forum. Whenever I have a question, I search the forum and usually find the answer. Or I post my question here and one of you wonderful people always gives me the answer and a bunch of encouragement. Anyway, I like to support Mstar for these reasons. And it is not Mstar's fault that I live across the country from them. $7 for two day shipping is pretty cheap. (on free shipping days.)

Jeannette

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    Can't understand why they expect us to pay MORE for decent shipping when we can shop elsewhere and get that decent shipping for less.
    You know I use to think the same thing, then I did an actual price comparison. I went to another supplier that offers a much lower shipping fee, chose 4 random layer cakes, and looked at the bottom line (after the very small shipping cost).

Then I came back to MSQ, and chose the same 4 layer cakes, and upgrade the shipping so that the items would arrive in 2-3 shipping days, then looked at the bottom line (after the hefty $7 shipping cost).

Well what do you think I discovered? Was the first shop less expensive? Would I get that product sooner?

The answer to both questions was NO!

MSQ's total (with the higher shipping cost) was 12% LESS than the other well known shop.

Many (not all, but many) of the responders in these threads complain about the slow shipping, so MSQ gave us an option for quicker shipping. Now many (not all, but many) are complaining of the higher cost of that expedited shipping. Yet I'd wager that very few of the complainers have really looked at the price of the fabric they are ordering comparing MSQ to other well known sites.

Folks, please, please, please.... compare apples to apples before you get upset.

10. Thanks sydneybean, MSN, The_Last_Unicorn, Lyndaj thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I don't generally buy precuts and the yardage is the same or a bit lower. Yes, I'm smart enough to do my homework.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is true, prices can vary, BUT.....I regularly order from two others companies that are almost always the same or lower than M* and their 2 day shipping is $5 or less. I like to give M* business because they do give us this forum and weekly tutorials, but, they make it hard for me to support them with their shipping options. I rarely buy anything other than the DD I don't need right away anymore. :-(
    Donna

13. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post