Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: It is Monday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It is Monday

Good morning friends. It is foggy out this morning. Warm days, cool nights. I think today the temperatures are rising as well as the humidity.

I don't have to be anywhere today and it feels great. Saturday after work we headed out to my brother's for his birthday. My son and DIL came as well. We had a lovely visit with friends as well. Yesterday we were out again briefly.

Not much happened in the sewing room over the past week.

My other son is away on a mission right now. He is the only IT guy with a search and rescue operation going on at this very minute. Very interesting times for him right now.

So that is it for me for today. Not sure what this day will bring but I have no doubt I will keep myself busy.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Star lover thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It is Monday

Hi y’all!

It’s good to be back. DH was called back to work.....not sure how long that will last. He’s hoping to hang on for about another 1.5 years and then retire......time will tell.

I haven’t read all the posts yet.....it’ll take some time to catch up. It’s been an adventure for me. The weather has been all over the place. High 90’s, hot humid. Hardly any rain.....we’ll except for the hail storm and deluge that caused flooding. DH and I were out when it hailed.....not fun. The winds were high, branches were flying around, hail was quarter size. We drove sloooooow, so as not to dent the car too much. The wind blew some kind of “tunnel” looking thing from a construction site into the car. It was about 3 foot around and black....all I remember. It was 90’s so the hail melted quickly. Only 1 small dent from the “tunnel.” We were also out when the deluge came. 2” an hour! Got soaked, but stayed safe.

I’m a klutz......a super klutz.....fell twice. Once over a garden hose and face planted the lawn. Broke my nose, destroyed my glasses. Face got all cut up and bruised. Don’t know where my hands were..... it I didn’t break my fall.....glasses are adjusted. (They need them again, now that the swe,long is down). I readjusted my nose and it’s healing fine. Then.....
    I came in early one am after a walk around the yard, with wet shoes......oh my. Stepped in the wrong spot and went falling, sliding down the stairs....tore my left elbow up something awful. Tore up an ankle, and the worse is my hip. Soooo sore and a bruise that’s huge! At least 8” or so. My hand can’t hide it......nothing can.....wow!

We worked so hard in the yard. Cutting a neighbors lilac, hedge, shrubs. All legal, even with the fence line. Hauled out over a dozen containers full of it, and about a dozen limbs that were too big to cut up. Fixed all the holes (well almost all....we kept finding more) that the felled tree left. Filled with dirt and planted seed. Finally used sod.....man there was a lot of holes.....

We did sooo much more, I’m ready for a break.

So I’ve survived and sewed only a little. Finished a donation quilt.....1 more to go. It’s basted and ready to sew.

Hope everyone has been doing well. Love to all.

4. Thanks Monique, sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, MaggieSue thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

I'm up early to work this morning, 80 - 4:30. I have an hour drive to get to Grand Forks. I worked the weekend, and my left ankle sure feels it. Today again, then two days off, and again on Thurs. Weird, they don't usually have me work this much in the summer.
    JoAnns is getting a whole bunch of new fabrics in, so we're trying to make room for what's coming.
    The humidity has been really bad the last several days. Even with the air conditioning in the store, the fabrics feel heavy and limp.

Other than work, nothing much going on. I'll be glad to put my feet up tomorrow!

I hope you all have a blessed day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Star Lover ~ Good to see you back. Missed your posts & pics. Sorry about the mishaps & injuries.

We're expecting more hot weather over the next week. Mid to upper 90's. We had 100 deg. yest. on our thermometer. I left the swamp cooler on when I went to bed. Turned it off at 2:30 this a.m. Usually a chance of an afternoon thunderstorm each day. A couple hiking in the foothills were struck by lightning yest. The man was killed; not sure of the status of the woman.

Yest. morning was church, after which I stopped by the hosp. & visited my friend from Bible study. She's on hospice. I think she recognized me. Much of the time she rambled on about stuff I couldn't understand. I read some scriptures to her & prayed with her & held her hand. No family was present. The white board on the bathroom door stated "respiratory failure", but she has many health problems ongoing. It's sad to see her this way.

This a.m. will be the usual laundry. I need to put DH's Anasazi beans on to cook right after his breakfast.

I read this on Bonnie Hunter's blog yest.: "Faith, family, and friends can get you through anything--but stitching will keep you sane." (Kathy Seams Shaw) So do lots of stitchin' today & keep your sanity!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone....Anita, it's especially good to see you are back with us. You were missed. I hope all of your bruises,bones and sore muscles heal quickly. Sometimes I get into a klutz mode....I feel your pain.

Jeff has a check-up for his surgery today. All seems to be going very well. It's just keeping this guy from lifting too much.

I have to make a trip to the post office to mail the wedding quilt this morning. We are getting some rain from Barry but nothing serious.

Wishing everyone a great Monday.....Hugs....Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    It has been a nice past few days of coolness, despite the rain, t-storm and power outage. Anita - good to see you back, but like me, you've got to get out of the klutz cycle. I hope you heal fast with no lasting aches. Joy - sorry to hear about your friends. It's never easy to see this happen. Sad to hear about the hiking couple.

I got the baby quilt assembled, sandwiched, quilted & binding sewn on over the weekend. I had to wash it as I couldn't get the blue powder off by rubbing off, even dabbing with water. It came out beautifully. I got the final words to put on the label, so I hope to do that today. I'm never sure how people feel about getting a washed quilt.

Today I have a lot of short errands to run, visit mom and tonight we are going to dinner at DH's son place for dinner. We are picking up youngest son. I tried ordering Confetti cotton layer cake., short sale item along with DD, but it was removed saying no longer available. I cancelled as this is what I really wanted.

Have a good day. Be safe from the storms and weather hazards.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks Star lover, Monique, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone. Yesterday I finally finished binding my Christmas tree skirt. I pieced it prior to Christmas 2018, put it on my long arm on Christmas Eve, 2018 and it sat for 6 weeks before I figured out how to quilt it. Then it sat for 5 months because I despise binding. Well this past week I got a bee in my bonnet to bind the finished projects just sitting here and I got it done.

Unfortunately, I noticed a couple of small problems in the quilting which I will fix by hand today. Then, I'm finally going to put the thing away for a few months. Yay, me.

I am also taking part in 100days100blocks2019. This was today's block which was a bit of a pain and I think I have skewed the center block permanently. Have a great day. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8748.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	159899

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

I'm still tablet bound. I ordered a chromebook this morning with Jim's help. He just called back, he found a printer to go with it. So, I ordered that, too. Lol, I hope he doesn't find anything else!

I've already been in the sewing room. The scraps from the eyelet has been calling to me. I pulled out the gathering. I turned down the top to finish the raw edge, made a small casing. Now I have a new valance for my bedroom window.

I'm planning to work on the borders of the garden rose today. I hope everyone has a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou