• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Sunday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Just a quick Hello before I get going on this day. Church this a.m. It's my Sunday to play the organ. Afterwards, I'll stop by the hospital to visit a friend from my Bible Study class. She has pneumonia, sepsis, failing kidneys, etc. & has been put on hospice. She's had health problems for a long time. Prayers for Ann would be appreciated. Also her husb. Jeff; his mom passed away suddenly within the past couple yrs. So now to be dealing with Ann dying must be hard. They have one married dau.

DS#2 got here shortly after 8 a.m. yest. He brought birthday cards for both of us. The flower bed where he worked was mostly in the shade, which helped. It was another hot day; it got up to 98 deg. That bed was so overgrown with grass; it was hard work removing all that. He was able to get ~3/4 of it done before quitting for the day. It sure means a lot to have him here & helping us. While he weeded, I planted the last of the perennials & annuals I had bought. After 3 hrs. of work, I was done. I cleaned up & fixed our lunch.

Enjoy your Sunday.
  • Lyndaj
    The Guild President
    • Dec 2015

Re: Sunday Morning Hellos!

This past week I got a bee in my bonnet. I have had three projects sitting here after being quilted on my long arm. You see, I hate binding. No matter how many years I do this (16 and counting) and no matter how many different methods I try, I still hate it.

I got two of the three projects done earlier this week, and yesterday was time to cut the hole in the center of my christmas tree skirt and get her done. Well, I managed to shatter a needle into three pieces when it hit the small scissors I was using to try to help feed the thicker part on the corner and decided to give up for yesterday. Today I will conquer the beast and get that done.

I am also taking part in an online project called 100 days 100 blocks. Today is block 14.

It is also laundry day. Fun wow. Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday.

Comment

• Ginny B
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

Good morning Joy. It's a nice sunny morning here. DS #'s 1 and 2, John & Rob, will be coming today for a quick visit. They are bringing down their plants for me to take care of while they are on their trip to California. They are driving cross country starting on Thursday. DS#3, Steven, is turning 40 this year and we are all going to be there to help him celebrate. DS #4, Tim, will be flying in from GA on the 25th which is the same day that hubby and I will be flying there. We will all be arriving/leaving at different times but will overlap with each other for 4 days. So that will be great fun. What will also be very exciting is that Steve and Ana will be revealing what gender baby #2 is! They are actually finding out today but will keep the secret until both sides of the family will be together at Steve's get together. And, of course, I get to see my bff Sharon while I'm out there too. There might be some sewing room time happening.

Joy, I will keep Ann and her husband in my prayers. Such a difficult time for her husband.

I think I will go spend some time in my sewing room this morning before the boys arrive. I prepped dinner yesterday (chicken parmigiana) so all that needs doing before we eat is to put it in the oven and then make the angel hair pasta to go with it. Have a good Sunday all.
      Last edited by Ginny B; July 14, 2019, 06:52 AM.
      Ginny B
      Levittown, NY

Comment

• Cathy F
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Morning all,

A sunny day here hopefully not too hot. The veggie garden is in full bloom and I have been busy putting up veggies in the freezer. A lot of work but it will be nice to have them throughout the winter. This week I also made bread a d butter pick es and 4 loaves of zucchinnci bread. I've been making mini loaves for the freezer and we can pull them out when company drops by.

Managed a bit more sewing this past week and will have plenty to keep me busy this week as I got a few things back Friday from the long armer that need binding.

Best get a move on and get some chores done. Wishing everyone a good day!
        Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• baslp
          The Guild President
          • Sep 2012

Good morning. We have a party to go to this afternoon. I bought a maxi summer dress yesterday . I spent last night alternating the length so I would not trip. Today is my DH birthday. I got up early to make the Key lime pie he likes. Even with Central air our kitchen does not cool down. Thank goodness he wants to go out for dinner tonight.

Have a good day.
          Beth

Comment

• GuitarGramma
            Missouri Star
            • Apr 2012

Today is hopefully the day I finish our team charity quilt. I volunteered to do the binding, and it's going very well. I've machine sewed the binding to the back and I've started hand sewing to the front. I'm using silk thread, which just disappears into the cotton binding. I'm really happy with how this is turning out.

I'm also reading Little Women for the first time in my life. SPOILER ALERT IF YOU'VE NEVER READ IT. I just got to the part where Teddy's heart gets broken by Jo. I sobbed for half an hour. I'd always heard that Little Women is autobiographical, so I figured this is what actually happened in real life. So to comfort myself, I took a break and started to read about Louisa May Alcott herself. Oh no, this wasn't real. No, she broke my heart for the sake of a "good" story. There never was a Teddy, the character was built on two much younger men who'd been companions for brief periods in her life. She never married, let alone married some portly, disheveled professor. Why in the world is Little Women called "autobiographical" when it doesn't follow her life AT ALL????? I remember when my oldest was reading Little Women. She got so mad when Jo turns down Teddy's proposal that she stopped reading the book! Now I understand why. (And the fact that she got mad but I sobbed for half an hour shows the difference in our temperaments, yes?)

END SPOILER ALERT: Back to binding! I'm excited to be finishing this project!
            Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• MissMay in Jersey
              Applique Angel
              • Oct 2018

Finally finished DGGSon #8's baby quilt! I had left the binding to be done and when I went to sew it on my Pfaff had problems so I got out my little Gem. What a problem getting it threaded through the needle. DH got that done using a magnifier but not before some "pirate" talk. Little Drew, and family, will be vising this week so although he's 1 1/2 he'll have his baby quilt at last. drew is 1.jpgDrew on his 1st BDay.
              Last edited by MissMay in Jersey; July 14, 2019, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• KPH
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2015

Good afternoon all,

Busy morning, Sunday School (Jim taught), church,and then Mike and I went out for lunch. I came home and worked on the watercolor summer challenge. Now, checking the time, I should go measure the garden rose quilt for its first border.

Tomorrow, Jim is going to come over so I can order a computer. I don't need it to do a whole lot, but Jim wants me to start writing again, lol, there are 2 Jim's that want me to write. It's definitely cheaper than quilting, but it doesn't give me the sense of accomplishment as quilting does.
                Time to get moving again, Nana will be picking me up for Bible Study before you know it.
                Katrina
                From NC, retired in FL
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                  Missouri Star
                  • Aug 2015

Good evening,
                  Late to the forum today. DH & I decided to go for a walk. This is a new thing for him as he needs to get in shape. I enjoy it as well but I walk have to walk slower so he's not exhausted. Then I had to get on the computer to address issues that have happened. All done, then we went to get birthday cards for our kids. Michael got for both sons and some funny socks. I got one for my DD & DS. Lots of July birthdays with family & friends. I also got 3 new Hallmark xmas ornaments of Lionel trains. There was 3 in the series - late birthday gift or early xmas gift for DH.

Then we grabbed a bite to eat before making a quick stop for food. When I got home I finished putting the binding on the baby quilt. I had to stop last night as the t-storm knocked out power. Since I picked up the flannel to back the quilt Friday I wanted to get it done. Saturday, I finished sewing the rows together and piecing the back, then I quilted like a mad woman on my Sweet 16. Got it done. I just need to make the label, and got a call from the aunt who gave me a revised label info. This is why I wait until done.

It is much cooler since the storm, which is enjoyable as there's no humidity. Ribs are cooking, and just need to prep the patato salad.
                  Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• CraftyJnet
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jun 2015

Good afternoon! It is in the eighties here. We had a nice afternoon. My DH and I met my DD for lunch. My ex came too. We ate at The Counter and I had the best burger ever. Then my DD and I went to the apple store and had new screen protectors put on our phones. Both of ours were badly scratched, so they did their jobs. It is nice to have a clean screen again. My order of backing fabric from Mstar should arrive Tuesday which is exciting. Then I can sandwich my quilt and finish it. I hope you all have a pleasant Sunday evening!

Jeannette

Comment

Working...
                    X