Anyone use something besides batting to quilt with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jean Sewing Machine
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Anyone use something besides batting to quilt with?

Originally posted by MAMSAN View Post
    Good Morning jean,
    I am looking for some advice. I saw your post regarding using fleece as backing.. Using fleece as backing would make a good sized dent in my "stuff". I have a Janome 66oop,which I think you are familiar with. I would like to use the serpentine stitch to quilt,but have had problems sewing fleece in the past even using the walking foot. Made jackets for the boys fabric just seemed too thick. What stitch length, pressure, etc is best to use.
    Any advice you can give would be appreciated.
    Thanks Kathy
    I did own a 6600 at one time, but only did stitch in the ditch quilting (using the walking foot feature on the machine, whatever they called it back then!) on it and did not quilt with fleece on that machine. I traded that machine for a long arm, and that is what I used to quilt the quilts with fleece backing. So I am sorry to not be able to give any concrete advice on how to quilt on your machine.

Comment

• MAMSAN
      Quilting Guru
      • Jul 2019

Re: Anyone use something besides batting to quilt with?

Thank you for your reply Jean. I will experiment with using the fleece & see what happens. My machine is almost 10 yrs old and is getting a little obstinate. Have been thinking about upgrading,but that's a lot of money.
      Kathy

Comment

Working...
      X