• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

WIP - July 12-18, 2019

Wow, everyone must be busy. I thought I would start off this week.

Yesterday we went to 2 LQS. At the first one, I had 2 vouchers to spend in July, $152 & 19. I bought almost 9 metres of Jenny Beyer fabric to back a quilt I made blocks at the winter retreat. It's still a UFO waiting to add sashing and border, but "easy peasy - by the end of summer it will be done", she said & laughed. I also bought 3m of beautiful cotton navy that looked like men's suiting. No plans for it, but I have enough.

At the other store, I found flannel print to back the baby quilt I am making for a friend's niece. Really challenging, they don't want any baby prints. I hope to get this one done this week. I want it out of the house.

What are you working on, and what have you finished lately? Don't forget to post pictures.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.
  • DeniseSm
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Re: WIP - July 12-18, 2019

I have started to add the applique to the Peace Seeker pattern. It took me three trys to find the right shade of pink purple for the petals to compliment the existing fabric without over whelming. Lots more applique to still be added.

100_5076.JPG
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• pcbatiks
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2012

That’s beautiful Denise and I loves those colors together.
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• LauraP
        Missouri Star
        • Dec 2015

I had a most exasperatin' day (remember Kenny Rogers wife on HeeHaw?). I was embroidering the last bath towel for my daughters birthday. This one was going to be the piece de resistance, over 72, 000 stitches. I got it about half done and somehow without noticing I let the corner get tucked up behind the stitching. Had to cut it off the hoop! Threw that one in the trash. She will just be one towel short.

But on a better note I finished my quilted soft sided duffle bag/suitcase. It is 20 x 30 with a pocket inside and out. I wish this site would go back to letting me post pictures but no matter how small I get them it says no. My DD and my birthday trip to the Gulf Coast has been cancelled due to Hurricane Barry and DD's health issues. She's back on some mega antibiotics that won't let her be in the sun. So we will just hang out at her house and have fun.

We will be in Texas for another week or so, then head back to Kansas. We missed the last flood so that was good. Maybe by the time we are back the weather will have decided what it's doing.

Well, have to go pack my suitcase. Everyone have as good a day as you can.
        sigpic

Comment

• threadbndr
          Batting Beauty
          • Jan 2017

Thanks for kicking things off, Suzanne. You always have my back. I am STILL sick - secondary lung infection. I am trying to avoid being bunged up in hospital with pneumonia! If you wouldn't mind kicking off this week as well come Friday?

Crafting is rather sparse on the ground of late. I am keeping up on the blocks for Aunt Lottie's Garden - working on 25 of 30 this week.

Please send healthy lung vibes toward Kansas.......

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2015

image.jpgThreadbndr -I'm happy to kick off this week again. We aren't planning any trip this summer. I do hope that you are able to get rid of your infection, and stay out of hospital. I wish I could send you fresh air, but I'm also very prone to lung infections. This is one of the reasons I stay indoors more than one would care for. If I feel a twinge of a cold or infection, I start my pumps and sprays right away.

I posted that I finished the baby quilt for a GF's niece this weekend. Here are a few pictures. I still have to make the label - tomorrow.

image.jpg image.jpg
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• DeniseSm
              Missouri Star
              • Nov 2013

The applique on Peace seeker is complete. Now I need to fix my little border boo boo

I did something wrong and one border is two inches longer than the other pieces
              100_5090.JPG

I decided to take the easiest solution. I cut off one full diamond being sure to leave the 1/4 inch border around the outside so the tip would not be cut off. Then I added a 1.5" piece on either end. Looks like a workable design decision to me.
              100_5091.JPG
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• KarenC
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2015

Nice save Denise!
                Karen
                Spring, TX

Comment

Working...
                X