Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ My time is limited so I'll just make a quick post before starting my day. DS#2 is coming over today to do more yard work for me. It's going to be another day in the 90's -- probably reach 100* again at our house. We had 102 yest.

Today is DH's birthday. He has a lot of dietary restrictions & eats no desserts, so I can't bake him a cake or pie. He eats the same foods every day. Maybe DS & I will have a dessert anyway. I keep things in the freezer for an occas. treat.

Hoping the storm ready to hit Louisiana won't be as bad as they're predicting.

Have a great week end.

2. Thanks JulieC, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Good morning,
    Yesterday was a bust. I drove my GF to airport for 5am, went back to sleep for 3hrs. Then we headed to LQS where I had July vouchers for $152 and $19. I bought a bolt of Jenny Beyer fabric to back a queen quilt in the making. I also got 3metres of a beautiful cotton navy, which looks like suiting. We had to go to another LQS where I found flannel to back baby quilt. There were lots of choices, but none perfect. Got the best one. Not liking the black in the baby quilt, but not my quilt. It was cooler but I didn't have energy to do any yardwork.

Today, I'm hoping to get the baby quilt to the sandwich phase. Maybe some yardwork, but we are expecting t-storm this aft, so maybe not.

Have a beautiful day. I hope everyone in the path of hurricane Barry are getting prepared or getting to safe grounds.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks JulieC thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Saturday!

I had my post all typed out, and when I went to post, my internet connection disappeared and *poof!* the post was gone. This is an ongoing problem -- my wifi will go out for no reason. At least it's an easy fix, all I have to do is unplug the router and plug it back in again.

Mom's roofer called, they will be working on her roof next week. They already dropped off some supplies, and the dumpster will be arriving today. My sister is not happy about not being able to park in the garage for a few days (the dumpster will block it). I told her she can park in my driveway if she doesn't want to park in the street. We will have to play musical cars, though -- my driveway is only 10 feet wide.

Mom's sister is thinking of moving out of state to be near their brother's kids -- I think the girls are in North Carolina and cousin Mark is still in Texas. I could be wrong about that, we are not close and don't keep in touch. I would not want to be 88 and starting over in a new state, but that's just me. My aunt has friends and a good support system here, I hope she takes that into consideration. She plans to visit Mom on Tuesday.

Today will be hot -- near 90. I am looking forward to spending some time in the sewing room. I have been working on a UFO from last year, and would like to finish piecing the top today. Not sure when I will work on the appliqué.

Have a great day!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Praying for family and friends in LA. Mississippi river is already very high, spillways open and now waiting for this storm to hit, with lots of rain already. I didn't sleep well last night thinking about them.

Did manage to get up and go walking this morning. Edge the front yard and now it's break time. I was able to leave the office around 10 yesterday, so after having lunch, picked up DGD from daycare for some playtime. She is so cute at this age, but does have her mom's stubbornness. DD agrees that this is her payback. We had a great afternoon and then met DD for dinner at Fuddruckers. Tonight I am going downtown for dinner with a friend and visiting some art galleries. Should be fun.

Starting to cut up t shirts for another t shirt quilt I had committed to. Hope everyone stays safe and enjoys the weekend.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon! I've been busy in the sewing room. The top part of the garden rose is done. No borders yet, maybe tomorrow. It was really quick to come together. I made the blocks yesterday and put it together in quadrants.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner. We had left over pizza for lunch.

I haven't been to Fuddruckers in years. That sounds good, but I have no idea where one is since we moved.

Be safe and watch out for mother nature!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post