• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ktdid
    The Guild President
    • Dec 2018

Muslin

I'm always leery of ordering muslin, never know what the weave is, to thin etc. But I tried MSQ's Kaufman's Kona Premium 44" Muslin - Bleached White Yardage @ $4.75. This is quality! plus it's a 200 thread count. This is not just for backing, it's every bit as good as the regular Kona white. They have it in wide also, but there's a lot of wrinkles that don't press out very well after pre washing I plan on stocking up.
    Last edited by ktdid; July 13, 2019, 05:46 AM.
    Kate (Oklahoma)
    There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this
  • grammaterry
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2015

Re: Muslin

I use muslin as background fabric often
    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
    Terry of NC

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2012

I use Modas often and love it

Comment

• jjkaiser
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2013

I bought some tea dyed muslin at Joann's for a quilt back and washed and dried it first (in hot water and high dryer setting) bc it was a 5 yd piece. It softened up so much I couldn't believe it, I swear softer than flannel. I think it was the Legacy brand but they only had that one brand in that color. It is a breeze to quilt through (hq)
        Jocelyn
        South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• GuitarGramma
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2012

I bought some Kona premium white muslin, but not for quilting. I have such a tough time buying clothes that fit me! But long ago I bought the Lutterloh pattern-making system, so I figured I'd try some samples using this inexpensive fabric. Anyway, for the price, it's fabulous fabric!
          Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
          X