Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's been a busy couple of weeks!!!

I have decided to downsize. There is just too much to do around here since my husband passed away last year. Housework, yard work, etc. just doesn't leave me enough time to do the things I really want to do --- sewing, quilting, reading, taking quilting classes, etc. Plus, my house is a split level with too many steps and not any level that has both a kitchen and bathroom. So I will be building a mostly one floor with everything on one floor. I am looking forward to it, but it is really hard to be leaving the house I have been in for 32 years --- so many memories of my husband, the kids, everything.

The problem is, the company building the new house won't start until my current house is under contract. I have been decluttering and cleaning to get ready to put it up for sale and today was the day. The sign was put up in the yard this afternoon and will officially be listed tomorrow. There is already an appointment for a showing tomorrow morning at 9:30. I was really hoping for a little time to relax tomorrow morning since I have been up early for the past few days.

Monday, I had MOHS surgery on a spot on my left ear. I prefer sleeping on my left side so this makes it a little painful. There was also a mole that tested out that it wasn't melanoma yet, but it was getting very close to it. That is on my chest right around where the bra band is. Uncomfortable at times.

The best days have been yesterday and today. Yesterday, "Jenny On the Road" was in Lancaster county. It started raining on the way over -- about an hour and fifteen min. from me -- and I guess it rained off and on throughout the day. We left after 2 pm and boy did the sky open up on the drive home. Several times, I could barely see the road right in front of me. Made the trip home much harder than it normally is. However, Jenny was fantastic!!!!!! There were a couple of things I remembered from seeing her during the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat, but most of it was new. She is so funny and personable. I would go again in a heartbeat!!!!

Today, I went back over to Lancaster county to take a class with Lynn Hagmeier. It was a short class -- just 9:30 - 12:30, but it was terrific. We were making her songbird table runner. I met her goal of getting one block completed. Yea!! Now I will just have to find time to finish it --- may be a long time. She was really terrific, also. She said she and Jenny are staying in the same hotel but had not had a chance to get together. Lynn has a trunk show tonight, which I am not able to attend, and another class tomorrow, which I did not sign up for --- it was a full day class.

In the midst of all the happenings, my air conditioner broke about 2 weeks ago. They came out and apparently one of the boards had blown. He had to order it and a couple of days later he came back and put it in. Five days later, it broke again. This time it was the same board that blew out, but he said it was wet and he thought the drip pan under the A-coil was leaking. He ordered one of those and came out Wed. and replaced it. He held off replacing the new board until today. I had to call him to let him know if there was still water running out of the air conditioner onto the floor. It looks like it is drying up. Hopefully, this will be the last repair on the AC and any other thing in this house.

Well, I guess that is all for now. Need to take the dog out and feed him, and then stress about what I need to take along with me tomorrow when we leave the house for the showing.

Nancy

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's been a busy couple of weeks!!!

Good luck on selling your house!!! Hope all goes well!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Nancy. Sounds like you're going to be busy for a while.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the sale of your house. Widowhood is certainly a time of change in so many areas. My prayers are with you.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Hope all goes smoothly!
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes for selling your house.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My heart goes out to you, Nancy. We have decided to sell our house, so I'm just beginning to start the ready-ing process. I have some inkling of all the work you've accomplished. I hope your house sells fast and that your builder does a terrific job.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I sold my house in the country 13 years ago. Just as I got a contract on it, my AC went out, and the refrigerator ice maker sprung a leak ( on the day my husband passed away) and ruined all the floors in the main floor and ceiling in the lower floor. So the lucky new owners took possession of a house with a brand new AC and all new carpet and tile. The final part of the AC was being installed as I pulled out of the driveway for the last time on my way to the closing! Believe me, that is a summer I will not forget!

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, sewbizzy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck on the sale of your house...hugs to you!
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

You have been one busy lady! Hope your house sells quickly.
    Beth