• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Holy moly it's Wednesday already!!

Good morning friends. It will be another beautiful warm day today.

After work yesterday I came home and had a wee nap before heading out to meet with friends for a girls night. We had a great time and another friend came along with his pontoon boat and we cruised around the lake. It was such a beautiful night to be out. I was home just before midnight, so I may need a nap later.

Off to work soon. No time to sew.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • SuzanneOrleansOntario
    Missouri Star
    • Aug 2015

Re: Holy moly it's Wednesday already!!

Good morning on this glorious sunny day,
    Monique - I agree it was a beautiful day, and it sounds like a fun evening.

There was a lot of running and rushing around yesterday, dental appt, manicure, banking. Also my cleaning lady came, but was beside herself. Her dad passed awa from lung & brain cancers. I told her to go home, but she wanted to work out her frustration. Her dad has been ill for over 10 years, and an alcoholic. She still loved him but was frustrated he didn't seek help. He started receiving in-home caregiving. Then the person moved in and they married a few years ago. She said there was no love there, more like housekeeper. She showed me the new will which left everything to the new wife. The kids are named but only if she dies within 30 days. Sad. Very sad. This is like a bad movie, as this is the 2nd person she has married, who died in her care. There is so much I could suggest to do, but I know it would cost them to pursue this.

Today I need an alone day to recover from too much activity days. I will start that baby quilt for friend. Enjoy your day.
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• JCY
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Guild mtg. last night was very interesting. Our guest speaker was Linda J. Hahn. Her specialty is the New York Beauty block. She has a unique way of making this which simplifies it. She's written 3 books, travels, speaks, teaches full time. Formerly from Staten Island, then NJ, she now lives in FL. She'll be teaching a class today, but I did not sign up for it. She had a trunk show. Her quilts were beautiful. Loved the stories she told about them. "Sew & Tell" for our guild members always is interesting. I love to see what others have made.

It was a hot day yest. It got up to 98 deg. The lawn service guys mowed. I had them spray the weeds in the alley behind out house & in a few other areas. The 2nd half of our flower bed project bill is due this mo.

I've been keeping my eyes open for a new laptop, since support for Windows 7 will be ending in Dec. My laptop is 9 y.o. There is a 17" HP on sale at Staples this week I want to check out. It's $140. off the reg. price. I need to research the reviews before making a final decision. I may go over there today to talk to them.

Have a great day!

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

Not much going on here. I watched Jenny's video for the Rose Garden last night. I have the tri-rect tool, so I'm thinking I'll do that instead of the wonky legs. Tonight is the summer study at church. Jim is teaching about John Paton. I'd never heard of him, so this should be interesting. Jim says there's only two books to reference and he's been reading up. There will be breakfast for supper before the study. Unfortunately, Morgan has to work tonight.

Have a wonderful day. Stay cool and hydrated.
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Good morning all! Yesterday was a very busy day. I have been volunteering for several months as a teacher for a retirement community's "Thread Head" club they meet regularly, bringing their sewing machines and sewing for charities. They work with donated materials and make menstrual pads, stuffier, Tote bags, rag quilts, and pillowcases. We met yesterday and I found out they pay big money to an organization for postage for a donation of free refurbished sewing machines. One came broken. So I have association with Ray Elkins of Sew Purty Workshops, who just did a Labor of Love seminar last week with folks he has taught how to refurbish vintage machines. In that workshop, folks teamed up to provide the labor to refurbish about 75 vintage machines to donate to group such as ours. I contacted Ray, and within hours, he found several machines for our group, which I will pick up next week. Yay!

Then, I got to attend my first Rock concert last night! Because of the work I did for Ann Wilson of Heart, I got free tickets to the concert! My rock n Roll brother went with me ( he plays in a rock band) we had an awesome time! Sheryl Crow and another new performer previewed the Heart set, so it was three fun hours of some great music! And even though it was loud, I never had to wear my earplugs! And Ann wore the garment I altered, it was so cool to see it on her!

Fun day! Hope you all have a great day!

Comment

• baslp
            The Guild President
            • Sep 2012

Good morning. We have been having pleasant weather here— low humidity. I am sitting outside on our deck drinking another up of coffee. The dogs like it out here too. I have a few appts scheduled for today. I want to get at least 2.more blocks made for the baby quilt.
            Jean— what an experience you had with Ann Wilson. I really like their music. I use to listen to Sheryl Crow years ago.

Have a good day.
            Beth

Comment

• Bubby
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

Good Morning Everyone....I grocery shopped early this morning to beat the heat. It's already 86 and it's still morning. The pups are still asleep and I have a few minutes of peace before they start our day.

I finished the sewing for the wedding yesterday. Will post pics later this week. Glad to have it done.

Jean, what a fun night out! Glad you had such a good time .

Stay cool & well hydrated everyone. Hugs....
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• MissMay in Jersey
                Applique Angel
                • Oct 2018

Jean the Rock and Roll Queen sure had a good time at the Heart concert. Must have been great to see Ann wearing the costume you altered for her. I attended a local rock concert many years ago and although the music was loud it did have an unforeseen benefit as the next morning both ears were itching because they had big globs of ear wax in them. My ear drums must have vibrated so much that it pushed old ear wax out.

Joy, I remember Linda Hahn, she belonged to my guild before moving West, she's a great teacher.

Had an email from DGD Christine, her and her 2 boys will be winging their way to Jersey later this week for a visit. Can't wait to see hthem, DH will be back in Holland working.

Time for more coffee before I get the day moving.

Comment

• MissMay in Jersey
                  Applique Angel
                  • Oct 2018

Jean the Rock and Roll Queen sure had a good time at the Heart concert. Must have been great to see Ann wearing the costume you altered for her. I attended a local rock concert many years ago and although the music was loud it did have an unforeseen benefit as the next morning both ears were itching because they had big globs of ear wax in them. My ear drums must have vibrated so much that it pushed old ear wax out.

Joy, I remember Linda Hahn, she belonged to my guild before moving West, she's a great teacher.

Had an email from DGD Christine, her and her 2 boys will be winging their way to Jersey later this week for a visit. Can't wait to see them, DH will be back in Holland working.

Time for more coffee before I get the day moving.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2014

Good morning all,

Jean, what an exciting night you had! You just might become a rock fan :-)

It's still raining here, but it's supposed to stop this afternoon. I didn't get much done yesterday. When I worked on Monday, my back started hurting a couple of hours into my shift, and it's really been bothering me ever since. I guess I'll have to get down on the floor and do some back exercises. I work this coming weekend, and I hope it will be better by then. Getting older is sooooooo much fun!

Anyway, we'll see what today brings. I hope you all have a blessed day.

Comment

• Cathy F
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2012

Morning all,

Today is another hot one, thankfully I 'll be in an air conditioned room for most of the afternoon at an alumni luncheon.

Have been doing a bit of sewing this week. I started on a few Christmas gifts, hopefully I' ll keep up the momentum so I 'm not playing "beat the clock". Let' s see how long I keep it up!

Jean- sounds like you had a great time at the concert.
                      Barb, hope Jeff had a good first day back at work and didn't overdo.

Wishing everyone a good day!
                      Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

Working...
                      X