Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: It's Tuesday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Tuesday

Good morning everyone. It promises to be another hot dry day today. It is a little chilly this morning as I write this. I am wrapped in a blanket.

It is another work day today but I finish at 1 which isn't so bad. No quilting here, let me tell you. Later this afternoon I am meeting some friends for a girls get together. Should be fun. It won't be a late night as I have to work at 8 in the morning but that is okay too. I don't have far to go, a few minutes down the road.

My work schedule is filling up quickly. Got another call for a day next week. I guess I will take it.

So that is it for me. Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Tuesday

Good Morning...Jeff is going back to work one week after his surgery on light duty. I have concerns because I know how he is about working. It does no good to talk sense to him because he's gonna do what he's gonna do.

I have several loads of laundry to do today and our bed to change.

Yesterday I took Maggie to the vet and found out she has allergies. She is on Apoquel for one round to see how she does. All three Girls are scheduled to be groomed in the next several days. I take them on separate days because they are hard to deal with and more so in a group. The groomer's parking area is just inches off the roadway and I want to pay full attention to one at a time so nothing bad happens. Maggie is our Houdini and can slip any harness or collar on the market. Pug harnesses are supposed to be the best and most secure (and most expensive) and she can get out of one in less than 10 seconds. Sugar can slip a collar but so far not a harness. We bought travel beds that hook to a dog harness. Less than half a mile down the road Maggie comes into the front without her harness. She's a wonder!

I have been making some table mats for the mothers of the Bride and Groom and also one for a GF I will visit while I'm in California. I will post pictures when they are completely done. Time is flying by....

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday.....Hugs all around.
    Last edited by Bubby; July 9th, 2019 at 08:19 AM.

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Clear skies. It's supposed to be hot & dry today. Tonight is quilt guild. I always look forward to going. DH gets nervous about my going out in the evening. He doesn't like to be left alone, even though he'll be in bed while I'm gone.

Yest. on my birthday, my only "slurge" was 2 small cookies with lunch & a baked potato with butter & sour cream at supper. I eat white potatoes very sparingly because they jack up my blood sugar so badly. Besides doing 2 loads of laundry in the a.m., I didn't do a whole lot. Took it easy. I think my body still was tired from the recent yard work. I also did some reading. I have a book going all the time. I've already read >100 books this year. I just finished the Quilts of Love series. Each book is by a different author & is a stand alone book.

Staples has an HP 17" laptop on sale this week that I'm going to check out, read the reviews, etc. The price is right. I have to get a Windows 10 before the end of the year since Microsoft will be ending support for Windows 7. I've had this laptop since 2010; it's been a good computer.

I saw the baby rabbit in the back yard yest. It's venturing out further in the yard now. It's growing, but still small & cute.

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    Monique - welcome back. Im glad that you had a nice road trip. Girlfriend time is important. I'm enjoying this warm sunny weather. My yuccas are about to bloom, and the yard is looking pretty good. We didn't do much yesterday but we went out for ice cream after lunch and then friends dropped over for a drink for Michael's birthday. We watched some Midsommer Murders episodes we had taped. Over the summer we will catch up, as there's not much on tv.

I have a dental checkup this morning, manicure later and the cleaning lady is coming. DH bought another fan for his son, as he doesn't have AC. I need to get cutting the blocks for my fried's niece baby quilt. I've had the fabric for awhile, but the mom requested large squares only. I find a bit boring, but that's what I will do. I'll cut smaller 5-6" and quilt orange peel design. Her aunt called me and requested that the givers (aunts' names) not be shown on the label, as they are showing to the grandmother who is not invited to the baby shower. I know her and I understand. We came up with an idea for a duplicate label.

Have yourself a beautiful day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Today will be warmer -- mid-80's and sunny. I think there is rain in the forecast for tomorrow. It has been nice to have a few dry days. I haven't heard from Mom's roofer since May, he is on my list of people to call this week.

I am meeting an old friend for lunch today, to celebrate her birthday that was back in June. She is not big on presents, so I thought I would pick up a some flowers for her this morning. I also need to stop by Honey Baked Ham to pick up dinner for tonight.

I worked on a UFO project yesterday. It was that or clean, and quilting wins every time with me.

Have a wonderful day!

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Two quilts down and one to go for the children to get done for 4-H Achievement Day on Saturday. The boys have theirs completed and dd is half done with quilting hers. The only other projects to finish is foods and woodworking. Oldest boy is doing construction work this week. The church mission trip this summer was to help put an addition on to a church that is about 30 minutes away. He really enjoys doing the construction side of mission work. Because it is only 30 minutes away, he comes home each evening. Next week he and the other two older ones will go back and forth for the week to hopefully, have the building completely done except painting the inside.

Have a great Tuesday everyone

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

We had quite a thunderstorm last evening, but it was welcome since we've been needing rain. The forecast is for a good chance of more rain the next 2 days. My garden will be smiling!

I worked at JoAnns yesterday. For some reason my feet and back really hurt by the time my shift ended. I took Advil twice during the day, but not much relief. I was in bed by 8:30, and slept straight through until 60 this morning. I'm still stiff and sore today.

The plans for today are catching up with the laundry from the cabin (I didn't get much done Sun. when we came home), and spending time in the sewing room. My sewing room kitty has been meowing at me to get in there and pay attention to her!

Blessings on your day.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Julie, thank you for mentioning ham. That sounds good! I was wondering what to have for dinner tonight.

Good Morning All,

Another hot day around here. A low pressure system is supposed to move through at the end of the week. We'll see what kind of rain we get out of that.

I picked up solid fabric to go with the Mayfield left overs. I'd already picked up a pastel blue, but I needed a dark to go with it. I'm planning on doing Rose Garden. I have the Tri- Rect tool to use for the points. I don't think I can do 'wonky' to give to one of my MIL's friends. I doubt that I'll cut fabric today, the plan is to rest my wrist.

I bought new towels for Melinda and Cecelia to use when they come later this month. I've wanted some bright pink towels to go with the picture in the bathroom. So, I finally had a good excuse to splurge on them. I'll wash and dry them today and try to figure out where I'll store them. Mike was like... they aren't going in MY bathroom. lol They would clash something awful with the shower curtain and window curtains, so no they won't be in his bathroom. He'd already decided they would take them home with them! Oh what a funny face he was making.

Time to refill my coffee cup. Have a wonderful day. Stay cool and hydrated.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Tuesday it is and a nice sunny cool one too. Makes me feel like I'll get a lot done today. Need to go through my stash for some sweet fabrics for new great grand daughter Mariella's quilt. Also need to get my Pfaff serviced as the light bulb is out and the LED is very faint. Since the quilt shop I used to bring the Pfaff to has closed I need to look around for a new reliable repair shop, might as well bring the white featherweight in for a check up also. I'll sew with my little Gem in the meantime.

Expecting our DGD and her 2 little boys for a visit in a week or so, they'll be on their was to the US soon for a visit. We've had facetime a few times but there's nothing like a face to face visit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TUESDAY.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	159839

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! I am now officially semi-retired, which means I only work one day per week (plus one day each week is spent on my Superman website). Today is one of my free days! So after exercise and chores, I get to bind the charity quilt.

It will be the first time that I attempt hand binding. Jimmy Beyer border prints are amazing, but there's not much room for error. She recommends machine sewing the binding on the back, then hand sewing to the front it to meet her 1/4" line. I trimmed about 1 /8" beyond the quilt top as I like a slightly wider binding.

I can't really believe the weather. I was actually cold last night and had to pull the comforter up to my chin! Normally, it would be over 100° this time of year. This is NOT a complaint.

Good sewing to all!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post