Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday Monday greetings

Good morning,

It will be another sunny start to the day. Love it. Grateful for heat, no humidity. Today is Michael's birthday, not much planned as we celebrated Saturday. It's go with the flow kind of day.

Yesterday DH decided to help out at the gliding club. Since it was beautiful, I decided to continue cleaning out the beds in the yard. I finished against the south fence and along one entire interior wall. I took frequent breaks under the canopy and admired the garden's beauty. I also trimmed 3 junipers which were looking scraggly. I watered the vegetable garden, spices and flower pots. There is still more to do, around the pond and side yards. I was out here for ~6hrs, with frequent water breaks. It's a never ending project. It was Tylenol cocktail in the evening and early to bed.

Enjoy your day. Stay cool. Stay dry. Be safe.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; July 8th, 2019 at 08:24 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks SallyO'Sews, baslp, 201 Treadler, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday Monday greetings

Good Morning Suzanne,

My goodness you were busy!

It was quiet, cloudy, sprinkly and a sleepy Sunday afternoon here. I was watching a movie with Mike, my laptop on my lap. I must have dozed off for a bit. Next thing I know, Mike's walking out of his bedroom and the movie had progressed.

Once the sun came out, we went out to start the repair job on the hardy board that Jim broke when he was removing the boards around the window. I'll go out in a little bit and see if it's going to be ready to paint today, or if we're going to have to play with it some more. I don't think it will be noticeable once it's painted.

When I'm ready to have the window trims done, I'll hire the job out! If I'm doing that, I may just have all of the corner trims done, too.

Not sure what else is on the agenda today. I need to find the fabrics I bought for the garden path?? quilt. lol, I guess I'll need to go find the tutorial, too!

Have a great day everyone! Stay cool and hydrated.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks baslp, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Clear skies & the promise of a good weather day. We had some rumbles of thunder yest. eve., but just light sprinkles. No repeat of that downpour the other day.

Yest. was church. At the close of the sermon the pastor announced the tragic death of a former member. He gave no details, only that it was violent. He was only 50. His death impacts 3 of our church families. I was stunned. My heart is breaking for his ex-wife, children, mother, & family.

In the afternoon I did some FMQ and gave DH a hair cut. Today is my birthday, but I don't have any special plans. DH's BD is Saturday. My DIL's BD is Wed. & my gr. son's BD was yest.

6. Thanks baslp, 201 Treadler, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=JCY;1066455

Today is my birthday, but I don't have any special plans. .[/QUOTE]

Happy birthday Joy. Enjoy your day. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	159826

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joy, I wish you a Happy Birthday and a day filled with sunshine.Name:  Happy bday2.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  14.4 KB
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday, Joy.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday, Joy!! Have a wonderful day!

11. Thanks baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We have been getting some light rain this morn . Hope we see the sun later today. Plan on doing some errands and then make more blocks for my baby quilt. The pattern is a European one. I am converting it to in and yards. I hope it tourns out.

Happy Birthday —Joy. June was a popular birthday month.
    Have a great day.
    Beth

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Today is a rare, picture-perfect day. Temps are comfortable and there is a lovely breeze. Lots to do this week, I am a little behind after Willow's vet visit. She is almost back to her old self.

Tomorrow I am meeting a friend for lunch, and it is family dinner night -- my turn to provide the meal. My sister is coming over for some quality time on Thursday while Mom's caregiver is at the house. I hope to take Mom to see her sister on Friday or Saturday. Not sure when I will get her to the bureau of motor vehicles. She woke up from a nap yesterday afternoon, all upset because she thought she had an appointment and didn't want to go. Maybe I can trick her into going before I take her to see my aunt.

Happy birthday to Joy! Have a great day, everyone!

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have time to post this morning. Lynda and I had a great road trip. A few quilt stores, a few thrift stores, a couple of swims, visiting ruins, and street sales.

I came home with a Brother sewing machine, late 50's or so. It came with a bright red tin box for the feet. I paid a whole $5. Not sure if it sews or not and that will have to wait for another day when I have more time.

I had lunch with my friend Dottie and we took a little road trip looking for barn quilts. There are 5 in the area and I have only seen 2. She is very familiar with the area where the other 3 were so off we went. Another road trip. She had prepared us a wonderful lunch and after our road trip we played cards.

Another work day tomorrow. I have a girls get together later in the day tomorrow. It is a very busy week indeed.

Catch you all tomorrow.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post