Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I made a trade for Shriners...what do you think

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    Great Trade, Terry.

Make sure to mark them hand stitched when you sell them for the Shriners.
    I'm seriously thinking of selling them as is because of the hand work and offering to finish them for an additional donation.what do you think

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, you are a master trader! Really well done.

And I like your idea of selling as is with an offer to finish. It's always good to think of ways to support your charity!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

3. Thanks grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry i think you a brilliant business woman!!! I have a question...
    Do you have any interest in knit or crochet finished items for your Shriner's Project... I have SO many things that i would love to donate for a good cause and have yet to find someone or someplace other than a COA or craft fair... My work (bragging here) is above average and always brings some ooo's and ahhh's... i can send some pictures if you want... no worries if it's not your thing,, just wanted to put the offer out there)) Hugs, GB
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

5. Thanks sewbizzy, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There is absolutely nothing I can think of that I would turn down for this charity. The auction is a hodgepodge of new and used items, quilts, guns, yard items etc. Everytime I go to one of my childrens, I rummage thru their goodwill donations and usually bring most of it home. I know we can get a little out of almost anything.
    But, Your knitted items are probably exquisite. Not only will I have them for the auction but I have a woman who is going to display handmade items at a heritage festival for me. She has a booth and said she'd be delighted to let me put items there. Bet they will sell there like hotcakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrammaBabs View Post
    Terry i think you a brilliant business woman!!! I have a question...
    Do you have any interest in knit or crochet finished items for your Shriner's Project... I have SO many things that i would love to donate for a good cause and have yet to find someone or someplace other than a COA or craft fair... My work (bragging here) is above average and always brings some ooo's and ahhh's... i can send some pictures if you want... no worries if it's not your thing,, just wanted to put the offer out there)) Hugs, GB

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Terry... i am so excited!!!! I have been looking for a place! My Sister has taken so many baby and kids sweaters to her local COA, because they are so kind to her,,, but i was so hoping to find a way to help hospitals , other than the ususal "baby hats"... You breath life into the organization! I will get some things together...I knit or crochet for at least 4 hours every night and love to do it! So get ready... i now have a REASON GB
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

8. Thanks sewbizzy, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrammaBabs View Post
    Oh Terry... i am so excited!!!! I have been looking for a place! My Sister has taken so many baby and kids sweaters to her local COA, because they are so kind to her,,, but i was so hoping to find a way to help hospitals , other than the ususal "baby hats"... You breath life into the organization! I will get some things together...I knit or crochet for at least 4 hours every night and love to do it! So get ready... i now have a REASON GB
    A reason is all any of us have. Once you run out of reasons, I guess you are done! Lol