Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ They predicted severe thunderstorms yest. p.m., but they did not materialize. We had clear skies. I was glad to have no repeat of the evening before. I guess some places that day got baseball sized hail. Yikes!

Yest. I spent the morning in the kitchen making DH's chicken soup. It made 14 qts. for the freezer. After lunch I put on my old clothes & did 90 min. of yard work. I noticed during that thunderstorm the water from the gutter downspout backed up into my flower bed. Using the weed eater & a shovel, I made little ditches to better direct the water away from the house. Then I spread fertilizer on the front lawn. I wasn't thorough with my last application; I could see some light streaks where I missed some spots. It should green up in a few days.

This a.m. will be church. No errands afterwards. Maybe I can get some sewing or quilting done this afternoon.

Enjoy the rest of your week end.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday Morning Greetings! :)

Good morning. We had a stormy afternoon yesterday. Our hear wave was finally broken. I I spent most of Saturday inside. I did start a baby quilt for my niece — a construction theme. I decided to give up on the pattern for my West Palm quilt. I did not cut some of the blocks the correct size. It threw off my blocks. I found a less complicated pattern to use with the remaining fabric.
    I plan on watching the women’s soccer game today and getting outside.

Hav3 a great day.
    Beth

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, we didn't get the rain or t-storm but it did cool off by late evening. Yeah. I hope this means that it won't be as humid this week. Yesterday I found some navy capris that fit. Who knew there were so many shades of navy/dark blue. I had been unsuccessful in finding in the past weeks. Another yeah! Then we went to dinner with our friends/neighbour at a steakhouse, which is in a historic manor. We walked through the gardens before dinner. It was great food, DH & I had steak & lobster. We were surprised, as it was 2 lobster tails, a good size each. I ended up bringing half my steak home. DH & neighbour are both celebrating their upcoming 75th birthday this week. Jim is looking forward to the gliding ride experience we gave him.

Today and Monday are free of commitments, so not sure what I will tackle. There's lots to do. Maybe some yardwork, clean windows outside again, visit mom, sewing.

Enjoy your day. Stay cool. Stay dry. Be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks cjsews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Navy is so very hard to match. I recently got a pair of navy slacks to go with a navy/pink roses print blouse. It is good that the pink area is near the hem as the navy isn't quite right. I am not quite as particular about things "matching" since I started quilting. Blending is a good thing.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Angelia thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon All,

I'm in the go with the flow state of mind today. I got up around 6, I didn't know if Jim or Morgan would pick me up for church. So, I got up and ready for the early pick up (Jim), and was picked up by the late (Morgan). It gave me some time to check emails and see what was happening on facebook. Today's Howard's Aunt Alma's birthday, so there were birthday wishes for her to be posted this morning.

After church, Nana and Nandy invited everyone to join them for lunch at the Sierra Grille. I've only been there a couple of times. It was really good food and good company. Lucky Jonathan, Esther and Zeke were the center of attention with 2 great grandparent, and 3 grandparents and one uncle. Lucky kiddos!

Time to get busy. It's still drizzly and gray so I'm hoping to hold off until tomorrow to do the laundry.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone! Not much news here. I spent the fourth in the hospital but I'm much better now. Today I will work on the dreaded hexagon quilt. Yesterday I sewed two blocks together the wrong way and then took out the wrong seams. So I decided to stop for the day. Today is a new day. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

Jeannette

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are better.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all,

We got back from the lake cabin about 20 this afternoon. It was a great time, and very busy. Our son and GS came from NC. We were expecting his wife too, but turns out she's pregnant and having a tough time with nausea. It was a surprise to all of us, and we're very excited for them. They just have the one son who turned 3 in March. She had a really difficult delivery, and we're praying this one will be better. So, that will make 5 grands for us :-)

The weather was very agreeable for the long weekend. Some rain was predicted but never showed up. We spent time on the pontoon, our kids and grandkids had fun riding on the jet ski that DS #1 just purchased. We drove into Grand Rapids for an afternoon just looking around at some of the specialty shops. We went out for supper Sat. night at our favorite restaurant near the cabin. It has a wonderful outdoor deck where we ate, and there were lawn games to keep the kids busy.

I have the laundry from weekend going already....LOTS of beach towels! And I'm thinking of lying down for a nap since I can hardly keep my eyes open!

I hope you all had a great 4th of July.

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post