Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I don't see a thread for today so I'll start. Chicken soup is on today's agenda, so I'll be in the kitchen all morning. I did the veg. prep. last night, which saves 90 min. on soup making day.

Yest. eve. we had a severe thunderstorm, which rolled in just before 8 p.m. & lasted a good hour. Torrential, wind-driven rain. At times, small amounts of hail were mixed in, but thankfully not enough to do any damage. (I didn't move the flower pots into the garage yest.) Some very close lightning; after 1 strike, the thunder clap was immediate. I prayed our house wouldn't be hit by lightning. The street gutters ran high. The water collects at our nearby corner where the storm drains are. I was relieved when it was over so I could open up the windows again. The storm dropped the temp. down into the 60's. Our high yest. was 89. Well, at least it's more free watering of the lawn.

Time to get on with my day.

2. Thanks URIBARRI-MAYOR, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Happy, happy Saturday! I literally just got some very good news from the vet -- my little fur baby, Willow, is doing well and can come home this afternoon. The radiographer said the stuff in her x-ray is not cancer, which is a huge relief. We were lucky, the vet had a cancellation and I got her in after 8 pm last night. It isn't easy finding a vet for rabbits. They are considered an exotic and very few vets treat them.

Looks like it won't be as hot today, but there is an increased chance of thunderstorms. I better recharge my electronics in case the electricity goes out. Have a great day, everyone!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0639.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	159793

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Just hearing about these earthquakes in CA. Yes, I'm behind the times about Thursday's quake. Praying for all the families affected by this. Laundry is already started for today. I do have some office work to work through again. Still trying to be able to explain a variance between quarters. If time permits, I will also go over to GF's to help her with packing. She needs to move in 3 weeks and is out of town for most of that time.

5. Thanks URIBARRI-MAYOR, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Joy, what part of CO are you located in? Fred's sister and family live in Broomfield.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

My brain wouldn't turn off last night, so after midnight I finished my Bible study homework. I was still wide awake, so I did some suduko puzzles, I still wasn't sleepy so I watched a few Youtubes. I don't have a clue why I was so awake since I hadn't had anything caffeinated since lunch. I woke up around 8 this morning and pulled the stuff for the summer water color challenge. That's pretty much done, I'm having to wait for it to dry to touch up and put some in some final details.

I made the pillow cases for the hexie quilt with left overs from the backing fabric. They were pretty quick since I didn't have to burrito them, just one piece of fabric for each.

I cleaned out from under the sink yesterday, the pantry the day before. I guess the refrigerator is next. I need to sort the laundry but since the sun isn't shining, I think I'll wait until tomorrow. I'd rather do it when the sun is shining on the solar panels. We probably will have more rain today. My weeds could use it!

Time to get started doing something. Enjoy your day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

9. Thanks URIBARRI-MAYOR, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I had a night, we rescued a dog on the 4th that was left at a rest stop. She's wonderfully behaved but woke me up last night to go out a few times. I feel like I have a newborn again lol my youngest is 16 ...so been a while. Plan to get some sewing done today. I have been trying to finish my office decor and a gift. I always trap myself with heavy applique but love the way it turns out.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    Happy, happy Saturday! I literally just got some very good news from the vet -- my little fur baby, Willow, is doing well and can come home this afternoon. The radiographer said the stuff in her x-ray is not cancer, which is a huge relief. We were lucky, the vet had a cancellation and I got her in after 8 pm last night. It isn't easy finding a vet for rabbits. They are considered an exotic and very few vets treat them.

Looks like it won't be as hot today, but there is an increased chance of thunderstorms. I better recharge my electronics in case the electricity goes out. Have a great day, everyone!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0639.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	159793
    She's adorable. My DD had a Holland lop-eared named Maggie Martinez. The only way she would let you handle her is if you wore white socks on your hands. She was a character and a lot of fun. Your Willow is so pretty. Glad you got a good report.

12. Thanks URIBARRI-MAYOR, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    Oh I'm dragging my butt today. I babysat Cassandra yesterday and she was a delight. Such a happy child. She did water all the plants and pots from rain barrel even though we had a downpour during the night. I had to bring her back to indoor activities as we are under heat warning advisory. We made 1 cup brownies in MV. Also personal pizzas for lunch. Visited with my mom, who was glad to see her. The entire family came for impromptu meal. I was hoping they forgot my iniitial offer as DH had a headache. It was worse when they left. We were in t-storm warning all day, which we did get. We didn't get any relief, more heat & humidity.

Incredible CA earthquakes. I don't think I would live peacefully in CA. Apparently there was a 6.2 earlier up the coast in BC. It didn't make the news as its in a remote area. Crazy summer weather wise so far.

JulieC - love your bunny. So cute. I'm happy that he got good report.

We are celebrating my GF's DH and my DH 75th birthdays. I'm looking forward to going to is beautiful restored manor. I should get ready as DH wants to go to stores. Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

14. Thanks URIBARRI-MAYOR thanked for this post