Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP July 5 - 11, 2019

Midweek holidays always throw me off; today feels like Monday LOL.

I'm feeling a bit better, though a ticklish cough is lingering. I hope to have enough energy this weekend to dig out from under the disaster that my house has become over the last couple of weeks. There's a laundry mountain to tackle at least. And hopefully there will even be some crafting time. And I need to give my quilt guild treasurer duties some attention before the meeting on Tuesday next week.

I am still working on the hand applique of blocks for Aunt Lottie's Garden. I also need to do a couple of blocks for a Quilt of Valor that the guild is doing - I have the fabric out on my table to cut when I get home tonight. Lots to stay busy with.

What are you working on?

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP July 5 - 11, 2019

I am working on the bridge blocks for the Peace Seeker pattern. I have 12 green bridge blocks completed and one white. I need to make 19 more white blocks. Pink flowers will be appliqued on where the blocks come together.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5056.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	159788
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I started quilting the log cabin hearts and bought some pink Pounce powder for setting triangles. Unfortunately it's too pale, so I will have to go out and get the blue. I also used a Frixion turquoise pen to mark the halls and I can't seem to rub it all off. Oh well I will figure it out.

I realize that I have many projects I need to start and finish soon. A baby quilt requested by my GFs 3 sisters for their niece - shower in August. Also a simple valance for GF, just need to get'er done. Also a few VictorIa quilts that I said I would do over summer. I need motivation as I prefer to work on my other projects.

It's xmas in July around here, both my kids, my 2 steps sons and my DH will be 75. There's also a few days babysitting one or several of 6 GKs for hours or days. With the heat and humidity, I will escape to recover and retreat to my sewing room.

Threadbndr - I used to get sick after I travelled for work. I attributed it to recirculated air on planes, germy airports and cabs and hotel remotes and phones. I once developed a serious bronco-pneumonia where I could not work for 3 months, could barely talk and breathe. After that I would cover my nose/mouth with light scarf when on planes. I also carried Lysol wipes to use on light switches, doorknobs, TV remotes, phone and any surface that is often overlooked by cleaning staff. Never got sick after that. I still do, and rarely succumb.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Moda Bake Shop - Block 7 - Sun Flare.....

Name:	MBS Block 7 Sun Flare (780x800).jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	159810
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

6. Thanks DeniseSm, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Connector blocks done for the Peace Seeker pattern.

Name:	100_5060.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	159813

I have two more borders to piece. I want to do them before the applique in case I need to adjust my fabric colors I select for the applique flowers.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    Connector blocks done for the Peace Seeker pattern.

Name:	100_5060.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	159813

I have two more borders to piece. I want to do them before the applique in case I need to adjust my fabric colors I select for the applique flowers.
    Beautiful!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well they say pride goes before a fall. Here I thought I was doing such a great job with my perfectly pointed points. I finished the last two borders and they are a full 1" longer than the other borders.

Name:	100_5068.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	159843

Maybe I can ease in 1" over 80" but it sure won't be fun. I am off drown my sorrows in chocolate.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise, it is still beautiful, and I'm sure you'll make it work.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would absolutely be tearing my hair out. I enlarged your picture and counted squares and looked over every inch and I do not see where you could have made a mistake that would make you off by that much. Maybe if you put it away for tonight and take a fresh look tomorrow? Or read your pattern over again maybe something will jump out at you. This looks like a pretty difficult one. Hope you can figure it out.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise , you do such stunning work, i am you can get it