Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Thursday and July 4th

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3676731_062918-kfsn-dig-4th-july-vid.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	159780

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends. May you have a wonderful and safe holiday no matter what you do today.

I have been awake for a long time. I don't know if it is just the anticipation of our road trip. Lynda should be here in an hour or so to pick me up. Yes, so looking forward to our road trip.

I went into town yesterday and did all I needed to do. I didn't do much here at the house. I packed last night and now all ready to go.

Have a wonderful day. I will catch up with you on Monday.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Thursday and July 4th

Good morning to you too Monique. It is storming like crazy here, thunder, lighting and rain. Glad I finished the charity quilt I had on the long arm last night. Storms woke me up, but it is supposed to end soon. I am supposed to be walking a 5k this morning down in Houston. I guess i'll get up and go. If it's raining down there, we'll just go to breat fast I b stead. This afternoon, I need to work some more. Trying to explain variances in numbers from qtr to qtr, and everything I find, makes the variance worse, not better. Ugghh.

Well. Happy 4th of July to everyone.

3. Thanks 201 Treadler, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy 4th of July to all of you celebrating today. Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.

I finally put the last stitches in the Spiderman quilt top I'm making for a 5 year old. Have a neat idea for quilting it, but need a little break before going there. I also have two Quilts of Valour quilts in my quilting pile which must get done first.

5. Thanks 201 Treadler, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, & Happy 4th of July ~ Nothing planned here except the usual. I hope to do more piecing today. I took a break yest. from FMQ to start a new project. Last fall I bought some cute fabric with dogs in it; I've been wanting to make something from that. It will make a nice boy quilt. I got out my graph paper & drew it up. Just a simple 9-patch alternating with larger squares of the focus fabric. I made the squares 9". I strip pieced the 9-P so it went together quickly. By the end of the day I had all the blocks laid out on the floor & 3 of the 5 rows sewn together.

It was another hot day yest. High temp. was 98 deg. It still was 82 outside when I went to bed; it was a warm night. I didn't hear any fireworks in the neighborhood, & no skunk, so I slept well. Today it's supposed to be 90 or better.

DS#2 has to work this holiday at Walmart; the warehouse operates 365 days/year. He's been too busy for us to catch up on how it's going. I know he's supposed to work 4 - 10 hr. days/week, Tues.-Sat. DS#1 in MD & his wife have a 4 day week end.

I'm sure the neighborhood will be noisy tonight, even though the City has banned any fireworks that leave the ground. The county fairgrounds where the fireworks are set off by the City is only 2 mi. away. We used to be able to see them from our house, but the trees have grown so tall over the years, we can't see much now. Years ago when the kids were home, we used to go up on the roof & watch them.

Have a great 4th!

7. Thanks 201 Treadler, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy 4th of July to all who celebrate! Weather here will be hot (88 degrees) and humid with a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. The rain chances should clear up before the my neighbors start shooting off fireworks. Last year, there were two neighbors behind me who had competing shows that rivaled the show the city put on. The good news is, they're usually done by 12:30 am.

Today is the beginning of my stay-cation! No trips planned, just usual errands and stuff it is hard to get done when I'm at work. Such as, taking my 89 year old Mom with Alzheimer's up to the BMV to haver her state ID renewed. It expired in February. I am also going to take her to go see her sister. We haven't been to visit my aunt in a while. And, I hope to spend some time in my sewing room...it is a vacation, after all!

Have a great day!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 8.07.32 AM.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	159781

9. Thanks 201 Treadler, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Bright and sunny here today, with promises of heat and possible storms later. Yesterday it rained for about 30 minutes all while the sun was shining! Made for a fine rainbow!

I got the 5 quilts I quilted Tuesday on the longarm bound, and then laid around for a while. About 7, I got energized to start a new quilt. This one is a lone star I made for a sample for our class at the forum retreat several years ago. It went missing for quite a while, and I found it stuck in a Tote under my bed! I am using it as a practice quilt for two bed size lone stars that are in the queue to be quilted. I got 2/3 finished, using rulers to quilt it all. That's a challenge in planning how to maneuver around the quilt motifs within the space accessible to the machine at each advancement of the quilt. It was going well, but by 11, I had run out of steam! Will tackle the rest in a while.

Tonight we have our community fireworks display, with patriotic band concert before the fireworks. It is held at our civic center grounds. The biggest challenge is getting off the parking lot when it is over! Lots of traffic!

Have a great day!

11. Thanks 201 Treadler, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All

Happy 4th, Nothing special planned here. I need to call Jim and see how his foot is doing this morning. I know having an ER nurse in the family, he'll do what he's supposed to do.

I'm going to try to finish my hexie quilt today. Then I'll strip my bed and put it to use! Then I'll try to clean up my sewing room. I haven't started my Bible study homework, so that's on the agenda, too. I'll be busy today.

Have a joyous 4th. Be safe and cool!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

13. Thanks 201 Treadler, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning and happy 4th of July,

It was a slow start to the day, as DH went gliding. I paid bills and sent email with list of issues re mom's care. I met with Dir. of care, head nurse, floor nurse and PSW head of her section. Mom attended. It went better than expected, other than mom pipping up about things and saying she could do better. Mom worked as nurse's aid, in the 60s for awhile. Things were different now and now there are standards of care . It's hard to explain to her than the person giving meds, does not clean up room or give baths, and serve meals (OH and her favourite is she would prep the deceased people for the funeral home pick up). Talk about multi-tasking.

I stopped for groceries and picked up pots of spices reduced. I will plant this morning. I picked up some pink Pounce for a stencil I want to use. I marked the triangle with Frixion pen, and it's not rubbing entirely off. I will research how to get it off as its like a pen mark. I will need to get some blue Pounce as it may show up better. I will see what I can get done outside this morning before the humidity kicks up. Then I have a massage this afternoon, so I will be mush.

Have a safe and happy celebration if you brave the crowds. Have a great road trip Monique.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

15. Thanks MSN, 201 Treadler, baslp, cjsews thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning and Happy 4th of July . It's going to be pretty hot here today. And noisy tonight too. It will just be hubby and I today. He is going to put a loin of pork on the bbq. He's trying out a new sauce for it. We'll have some corn on the cob with it as well as some Vidalia onions and maybe some beans. I will get some time in the sewing room too.

Monique, Have a wonderful road trip. Julie, enjoy your staycation. Make sure to do some fun things for yourself. Karen, I hope the rain stops and you can get your 5k done. Be careful.

Not and Jean, Have fun with your quilting projects. Lynda, I'd love to see a picture of your Spider-Man quilt. I'm looking for ideas for our 5year old vs for a quilt and Spider-Man is one of the themes I'm considering.

Have a fun and safe day all. Happy 4th!
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

17. Thanks 201 Treadler, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Looks to be another hot one today. We are going to the kids for a barbeque.

Have been working in the sewing room in small time increments as it gets too hot in there but little by little I'm getting some things done.

Jean, you are like the Energizer bunny getting those quilts done, wish I had your energy!

The people behind us have a big party each year and have a fireworks display as nice as the professional ones they must spend a fortune on their aerial displays. We just sit in the sunroom and enjoy it and the best part is not fighting the traffic getting in and out of the parking lot!

Wishing everyone a happy and safe 4th. Enjoy your day.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, 201 Treadler, baslp thanked for this post