• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

It's Wednesday and I am late

Good morning. I slept in this morning. I haven't been sleeping right so I took a pill last night and had a great night's sleep.

Well the van is fixed, oil change and a new bearing installed. He knew exactly what I was talking about when I described the noise as an airplane, LOL!! Mikey came in and fixed my water pump as well. My neighbour fixed the lawnmover, well cleaned out the bottom where all the grass accumulates. I will have to tell Les he needs to keep that cleaned.

I got into the sewing room and made the top of a table runner. Lynda had gifted it to me from the store we will visit on Friday and she has arranged an hour session of FMQ for me. Pretty excited about that. Now to sandwich it and have it ready for tomorrow.

We are finally getting the summer weather we have been waiting all summer for. Absolutely wonderful weather. Many complain about the heat and humidity but it was a terribly long winter.

So today I will get organized and packed. We leave early in the morning. I will leave the postings for you to do in my absence.

So have an awesome day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Re: It's Wednesday and I am late

Good Morning, Everyone, ~ I was just getting ready to start today's thread, when I saw Monique's pop up. Glad you had a good night's sleep, Monique. Mine was interrupted by early fireworks noises, just after I'd gone to sleep. I finally had to close the window. Then the skunk odor wakened me at 1 a.m. I think I was up 3 times last night.

I posted yest. afternoon, so I don't have much to report this a.m. I did do some FMQ, but I felt tired & my heart just wasn't in it, so I quit after a few min. Maybe today. I don't have anything specific planned; we'll see what the day brings forth.

I saw the baby rabbit again yest. It was on the patio early in the a.m. when I went out to put up the picnic table umbrella, which we use as a shade for our kitchen window that faces east. I think this town is over-run with rabbits. They're everywhere.

I hope everyone has a good hump day. Stay safe this 4th of July. We have no plans. I usually watch A Capitol Fourth from D.C. and/or the fireworks along the harbor in NYC on TV in the comfort of my LR with no mosquitos to contend with.

Comment

• KPH
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

Good morning,

Yesterday was busy. I worked on the eyelet for the hexie quilt. I'll finish that part today, I hope! We finally made it to the grocery store. After dinner we went to Lowe's to pick up new trim for the sliding glass door. I found a lampshade but I'll have to change the fixture to make it work. I think I'll just return it.

I hope everyone stays cool today. Be safe over the 4th!
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Good morning everyone,
        The heat is here, along with heat advisories expected. I'm one of these people that doesn't do well in heat, so I limit my time outdoors. We wait all winter for summer, but I really prefer spring, which we didn't have. Fall is my preferred season.

We went out for breakfast, then DH planted the 3 new hydrangeas we bought next week. I helped (watched) as I was feeling the heat. I headed indoors and started stitching the quilt. It's larger than I thought and difficult to move around with my shoulder. I will do stitch in the ditch and pounce a pattern I have, but first I have to get blue Pounce powder. A short trip to LQS, if they don't have. I will order from CT along with more batting and thread, on sale.

I think the meeting at mom's place may be cancelled. I didn't meet their immediate request to send my issues in writing. I don't work and wont't be held to meet their short deadlines. Everyday I wait, new issues pop up. I will visit mom today and bring her fresh strawberries.

Monique, enjoy your break. Joy - too bad about the skunk smell. It seems they are as prolific as the rabbits.

Enjoy your day. Safe travels to those on the road to celebrate July 4th weekend. Stay cool and hydrated .
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• MissMay in Jersey
          Applique Angel
          • Oct 2018

Guess most working people are making the 4th a long Holiday weekend, Thursday to Sunday. Many area residents will take Monday as a vacation day to avoid the heavy traffic of weekenders going back home from The Shore. DH and I will avoid all those roads all weekend and will take a nice drive on the back roads. Hope the weather cooperates as we've had a lot of rainy days the past few weeks and it's quite humid today.

We already celebrated on Sunday. My brother Jim will be 80 on the 4th and his son hosted a Birthday dinner for him, just family and 3 of Jim's friends. Jim has been friends with one of them since childhood. that's Bosco. Yes, his nickname was the chocolate syrup he loved. I gave Jim a Born on the 4th of July tee shirt and a copy of 2 photos of him and his 1st Birthday cake. We had a cake for Jim every 4th until he was in his teens. All the relatives had dinner at home and came over to our house for coffee and cake. We kids got to have more than one glass of soda which was a big treat for us. The Cake was big and had chocolate pudding filling and real whipped cream on top. Miss those delicious cakes and the simple way to celebrate, no clowns or Chunky Cheese parties.

Too humid to go out on our deck so I think I'll sew for a bit.
          fun-on-the-4th.gif
          Last edited by MissMay in Jersey; July 3, 2019, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Bubby
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

Morning Everyone....It's going to be a scorcher today. It's time for the Girls to eat after their morning nap. Sugar has a uti.....I had to go to the vet and pick up antibiotics for her. Fortunately my vet trusts my diagnosis.

Jeff didn't sleep well at all last night...not from pain, he just couldn't sleep. He ate a good breakfast and is napping right now, too. He can shower today, which will hopefully make him feel human again. We can also change the dressing on his incision.

Wishing everyone a happy 4th of July Eve. Hugs, Barb
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• CraftyJnet
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2015

Good morning all. Yesterday I sewed a row on the hexi quilt. I'm in the middle of pinning another row on it to sew. I'm using the Wonderclips my best friend gave me. I like that I don't get stabbed while handling the quilt like I do when I use pins. But the wonderclips seem slower to sew with. I"m used to just pulling out the pins and tossing them in their container but the wonderclips seem to slow me down. Any advice or opinions?

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Jeannette

Comment

• KarenC
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2015

Good afternoon everyone. Nothing exciting going on over here, just work, work, work. I have really been asking myself "What were you thinking" when you decided to go back to work. Well, I guess I know the answer, I needed health care benefits. I like the work, but it is really messing with my sleep patterns and ability to do anything else.

I did finally put a charity quilt on the longarm and am almost done. I need a break from my work project that is due, so maybe I will go finish the quilt. Tomorrow morning I have a 5k race I signed up for, so I guess I'll work after that.
                Karen
                Spring, TX

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

It's late afternoon, but I'm just dropping in. I was working on my inventory for my quilt show in September, which will be in our community center theatre lobby for a month. I have lots of tops finished, but need to get them quilted on the longarm and bound. So yesterday, I got five lap quilts quilted, and today I got them all bound. Many of these were tops or blocks I had forgotten about and were hiding in my stash. Now, I have a bunch more new quilts for my show. I still have a bunch of bed size quilts to finish, and several are special and will require some fancy quilting! Maybe if I get the easy to quilt ones finished, I'll be brave enough to tackle the complicated ones!

Hope you all have a great 4th of July!

Comment

• KPH
                    Missouri Star
                    • Feb 2015

Well, you all remember my naught step stool? Well it decided to be naughty again today. Jim and Mike were replacing the trim around the sliding glass doors. They'd taken all of the old wood down and come in to take a break to cool off and hydrate. They went back outside and there was a loud commotion on the porch.

Jim stepped off the step stool right onto a nail. It went through his flip flop into his foot. I told him he'd joined Mike in the jumping off the step stool and getting cut. Then I thought about that step stool and my accident. I think it's time to donate it to someone else and get one that isn't vexed!

I cleaned up his foot and Jim called and got an appt to get a tetanus shot at the CVS, then he and Mike went back out to finish the job. There wasn't that much left to do. Mike finished the caulking and it looks great. I hate that Jim got hurt doing it.

At the Minute Clinic, they told him it looked really clean (thanks to mom and peroxide). It wasn't that deep and everything should be fine. He'll not like walking on it for a few days and he's supposed to soak with epsom salts, and use an antibiotic ointment.

For sure, when I do the rest of outside trim on the windows, I'll hire it done!
                    Katrina
                    From NC, retired in FL

Comment

• JCY
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jul 2013

Jeannette ~ I have no way to compare wonder clips with pins, since I've never used the clips. I like the security of the pins, since I measure with a sewing gauge the binding hem when I turn it over so it's the same all the way around. I can steam press over the pins (not the plastic heads!) so the binding is flatter when I machine stitch it. If I'm binding a large quilt, I pin just one side at a time & work my way around the quilt.

Comment

• Mimi_Howard
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2016

Jeannette... I am with you on the slowing down when sewing with clips. My machine plate does not allow for a quick push and pull motion like I see others on you tube do when they are sewing with them. But they do have their place for sure when sewing with vinyl, pleather or fabric where holes don't dissappear if you use pins. Oh and on minky... I use lots of clips. Just much easier to see them ... sewn over a pin from time to time and even broke a needle once using pins with fluffy fabrics. It seems like whenever I sew with white fabric the pins attack my fingers... go figure!

Comment

• KPH
                          Missouri Star
                          • Feb 2015

Jeanette, I don't use wonder clips often, mainly binding. In piecing, I prefer pins. I do use the clips for holding pieces together in sets. I used them like crazy when I was doing my hexie quilt. I had plastic templates, so I'd sit and clip up all of the templates with fabric, then come back later and baste them. Then I would press them, pop the templates out and repeat. Once I finished the pile of fabric, I'd sort and clip the flowers together. So my clips were well used for that!
                          Katrina
                          From NC, retired in FL

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                            Missouri Star
                            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by CraftyJnet View Post
                            Good morning all. Yesterday I sewed a row on the hexi quilt. I'm in the middle of pinning another row on it to sew. I'm using the Wonderclips my best friend gave me. I like that I don't get stabbed while handling the quilt like I do when I use pins. But the wonderclips seem slower to sew with. I"m used to just pulling out the pins and tossing them in their container but the wonderclips seem to slow me down. Any advice or opinions?
                            I keep a metal magnet bowl near the machine and just toss them.
                            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
                            X