Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Tuesday.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Tuesday.

Good morning friends. I am late here this morning. I had to take Les to town as he was going golfing. I need to take the van for an oil change today hopefully.

I had a great day yesterday. Picked up my friend and had a wonderful Canada Day breakfast, did the flea market thing, and got a wool blanket for $1. Came back home for a bit and then headed to our new firehall for the dedication. I napped in the afternoon but awoke to visitors in the yard, my brother and his wife. We had a lovely visit. Then it was off to pick up Les after work. We didn't stick around for the fireworks and just came home.

I have a few things I want to get done today, packing is one of them.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Tuesday.

Happy Tuesday!
    Today I am going to help DIL get some packing done. They are moving the end of next week to a new to them house in a great school district, hooray! Her mother and sister will also be there, it will be lots of fun as well as work so no sewinf for me today.
    Yesterday was zumba, another exercise class, home for a shower then on to grocery shop. Wally world was covered up with lots of first of the month pensioners including me, it was a zoo. When all was put away I did a bit in my sewing room, working on two sets of placemats and MAYBE a blouse for me. I haven't made any clothes in years but I have some fabric and a pattern so it is a shame not to give it a try.
    Hope everyone has a great day, specially Denise, Jeff and Barb.

4. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Clear skies & the promise of good weather, at least this morning. It got up to 94 deg. yest. We had a late afternoon thunderstorm yest. with very heavy rain for a good hour. I certainly won't need to run the sprinkler system tonight.

DS#2 came again yest.; we worked in the yard for almost 5.5 hrs. He did all the heavy work, digging, etc. We finished clearing one flower bed, amended the soil, planted new perennials. We also planted the annuals. The remaining flower bed by the patio will have to be done another day. The rain the evening before made the ground too wet to work. This a.m. he starts the Walmart job.

I took it easy the remainder of the day. I'll have several days now to rest up from all the yard work. Maybe I can get some sewing done. I'll need to make chicken soup again later this week.

FYI ~ Superior Threads is having a July 4th sale on some of their threads & needles. I've bought LA needles from them, but frequently they're out of stock of the size I use. They sell needles for both LA & DSMs. My LQS sells needles, but the new owner really jacked up the price when she took over the store, so I look for reasonable prices on line.

Barb ~ Thanks for the update on Jeff. I hope he'll behave himself & let his incision heal & not do too much too soon.

6. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,
    Summer is here, and humidity will be ramping up over the week. It was beautiful weather for Canada Day celebrations. DH went gliding. I baked beans, cut up pineapple and watermelon, made sangria. My hand was sore afterwards and I noticed my index finger was bruised. Iced it. Dropped off half watermelon and prepped food at DD. After I visited with mom. I came home and sandwiched a quilt on rack. It's ready to quilt, just need to decide how. I also folded and put away latest purchases.

We invited friends over, but they suggested we go to their place. I feel bad as we go there more often. They get their yard sprayed for mosquitoes and it works. So I brought beans, corn, burgers and sangria. Saturday we are going out to a nice restaurant to celebrate both of our husband's 75th birthday (a few days apart).

DH is up and wanted to go to LQS, but I prefer next week for my free fabric. She will have time to re-stock after the big sale. We will go out for breakfast and pick up maps for our trip at CAA. Lots of things to do on agenda - I shall see what we tackle.

Have a good day. Be safe as I see Mother Nature is stepping up her game with crazy storms. Feet of ail like snow in Mexico - wow.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Our 2nd heatwave starts today. We will get to 91. The humidity will start to ramp up. Not a lot on my agenda today. ( staying inside with the dogs and sewing to stay of the heat). I want to get at least 3 more blocks done.
    My DS is packing to move up to Brooklyn for 1 1/2 months. He is looking forward to living in NY and starting his internship.
    Sounds like everyone is on the go . I see why retirement people do not have a lot of pets. One can just pack and go. When we board the cat and our 4 dogs it costs us over $1000.

Have a great day . Stay cool and dry.
    Beth

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Beautiful day here. We just got off a heat wave and could use a little bit of rain. I know that sounds odd for as much as we had this spring, however, we are dry and the ground is cracking. The children have their mini quilts done and the larger quilts are all pieced. One son has his quilted so hopefully, we can get the binding on today. Dd backing fabric arrived yesterday so she will be ready to start as soon as her brother finishes his. I told them they are at a point where it is easier to get one done before we start another so we are not constantly unthreading and rethreading the sewing machine. I am letting them use mine for the quilting as it has a larger throat than the one that they normally use.

I have two that are sandwiched and ready to be quilted so hopefully, I can get them under the needle soon.

Have a great day everyone. Hugs and prayers for those who need them
    Last edited by Simply Quilting; July 2nd, 2019 at 11:41 AM.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Another hot day here so I'll be staying in where it's much cooler.

Was up in my sewing room early this morning and sewed enough charm squares for two wreaths. I've been working on a variation of my charm pack wreath and so far I'm happy with my prototype. I'm doing my "Christmas in July" sewing, getting things ready for a November craft fair. I've got quite a bit of Pilot Club sewing coming up for our fundraising at our fall workshops, we're trying to get 15 Halloween and 15 Christmas wreaths made, so they sooner I start my craft fair sewing the better.

Been too hot for much cooking so I'm very thankful for my husband's veggie garden this year. We've been eating salads of all sorts and enjoying the fruits of his labor!

My son and daughter-in-law have invited us for a barbeque on the 4th so it will be a nice day with the family. Wishing everyone a good day, and hope you can keep cool in this hot weather.

Barb,good luck keeping Jeff still. Tell him if he doesn't cooperate we may just have to ride out there and give him a good talking to!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Tuesday
    am so happy to learn all hospital visits mentioned on here, have had good outcomes and hope for speedy recovery's.

just seen Wimbledon has started,
    the weather looks nice in London today perhaps warm with blue patches amongst the cloud, all tennis players are dressed in bright white, all seem to be hitting the ball. look forward to the wheel chair tennis when it starts. :-)
    have a great day every one
    hugs

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all! It's a beautiful day. I took Teddy to the groomers this morning and he looks adorable. He is half pug and half Shih Tzu so his hair gets out of control. We only have to take him every three months or so, fortunately. I've never before had a dog that needed professional grooming. Working on my hexagon quilt today. I still don't have my sewing mojo but I'm forcing myself to finish it. Wish me luck! and everyone have a wonderful day.

Jeannette

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back again ~ I spent the morning running errands. My special order of a case of soy milk came in at Vitamin Cottage, so I headed that way after breakfast. Needed to run to the bank, the post office sub-stn., which is less busy than the main PO down town, & the garden center for a few more flowers. I bought 2 varieties of coral bells, primroses, Sweet Williams, & 4 - 4-pks. of annuals. It's too hot & I'm too tired from yest. to do any yard work today. They'll get planted soon. It was so hot browsing at the garden center, even though they had the filtering shades pulled overhead. I was sweating by the time I got home. The temp. was 94; no wonder.

It's clouding up now; we may get another rain storm this afternoon. I hope it waits until after the lawn gets mowed. We're always the last mowing job of the day, so they don't come until ~4 p.m.

I'm headed now to the bsmt. to do some quilting. It's been several days.

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post