Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Monday, HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	happy-canada-day-2019-greeting-card-2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	159757

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians. May you have a safe and happy day no matter what you do.

Yes, today is Canada's birthday, 152 years young. There are a lot of celebrations going on today. Les works today so my plan is to meet up with a friend and head over to the arena for the Canada Day breakfast and then the Canada Day Flea Market. After that, I will head home. There is a BBQ here at the community centre and they will open the new firehall for all to see. Back home for a while, then I will get Les after work, join at his sister's house and stay for the fireworks. So a busy day ahead.

Yesterday I attended a cemetery service. It was very well attended. I will get some pictures uploaded later.

The temperatures were a lot cooler yesterday, it is foggy right now but the temperatures will rise later. I also need to start packing for my road trip later this week.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Monday, HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

Good morning Monique. Happy Canada Day to you and all the other Canadians here. It sounds like you have quite a full and fun filled day planned.

Yesterday started out a lot differently than we thought it would. When I came downstairs to make my tea, I found oil had dripped onto the washing machine from the new boiler that we had put in back in April. And so, we needed to call for service on it. Seems that the pump needed to be replaced and the valves too. Last month, they needed to put in a new motor and fan because of a high pitched squealing sound it was making. I don't think we had to have this much work done in such a short period of time on our old boiler that was 67 years old. Hopefully it will be ok for a good long while now.

While they were working on the boiler, I spent some time in my sewing room making some placemats for an order I received. All of a sudden this wind came out of nowhere. It actually blew the fan right out of the window in my sewing room. Got a quick burst of rain, then, poof, the sun was back out.

This morning we are headed to the beach so I need to get moving along. Have a great day all. Enjoy any festivities you may be going to.
    Last edited by Ginny B; July 1st, 2019 at 08:28 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Canada day !

Hope you have a great day !

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Happy Canadian Day to all our Canadian folks here. It is a typical Monday for me. I will head to the gym soon and then back home. Since the temps will not be in the 90’s , our dog trainer/walker is coming this afternoon to work with our dogs.
    So I should be able to sew a few more blocks .

Have a good day.
    Beth

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Happy Canada Day! Have a safe and joyous holiday.

Yesterday was weird. Morgan came home early and went straight to bed. She's been having migraines off and on all summer. Nana wasn't feeling well either. Morgan didn't make it to church so Morgan's mom took the three kids. They were staying for the lunch. So Jim brought me home, so he could go home. Nana and Nandy went home. Morgan called around 5, she was going to Women's Study, she called about the time Mike and I were getting ready to go out to dinner. I'd figured she wasn't going to go. Anyway, she picked me up and we went. She brought me home and I invited her to go to Kilwins for ice cream but she was ready to go back to bed.

Yesterday afternoon, I trimmed the hexagon quilt. I left the top untrimmed. I may use spare hexies to bind that one side. It will be a chore and I've only done three and my wrist is not happy. I imagine, starting cold without any stretches wasn't smart on my part but I'll figure it out. I have binding for the other three sides cut and ready to stitch. Those will be straight edges. It's going to be a chore.

Well, time to get busy again. Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Only got a min. DH is waiting for breakfast. Also, I need to get the laundry going & get ready for the day. DS#2 is coming this a.m. to do more yard work for me. It rained last eve., so some areas will be too wet to work, but there is plenty he can do. He's supposed to begin orientation tomorrow at Walmart for that warehouse distribution job. He's been looking for other odd jobs to fill in the gap -- like delivering for Uber Eats & similar services.

Yest. was church, after which I made 3 stops at the garden shops for garden soil & some perennials. No sewing done.

Happy Canada Day to all those folks N. of us.

The Guild President

Dewey, Arizona (transplanted Hoosier from Hobart, Indiana)
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Canada Day! Have fun and be safe!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Canada Day to all our friends up north. We are fortunate to have you on our border. Don't celebrate too much!

Not much going on in east Tennessee today. It's typical summer with heat and humidity. I miss going to Vermont for the summer. The weather is much more pleasant there. Of course the best place to be now is in Yellowstone NP. Our first summer there we had snow on the 4th of July!

I would love to sew today, but guess I had better get the house in order. I need to paint a few spots in the kitchen where DH missed last year! I am a procrastinator!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Canada Day to the "up north" gals! Enjoy all the festivities

I've got my feet up, giving them a break from 3 days in a row working at JoAnns. It wasn't crazy busy any of the days, so we were able to get a lot of projects done. All the fall floral was put out, and summer decor was moved around and compacted to make room for fall decor. We just had the first official day of summer, and here we are, stocking the store with fall products.

Today will be laundry, tomorrow is a haircut, and Wednesday we leave for the cabin where we will celebrate the 4th of July. Our son from NC and his family will be there, so we're all excited to see them.

Prayers for Barb's DH. Blessings on everyone's day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

It's an early start to this sunny Canada Day. DH is already gone gliding, but will be back by dinner time. I could have gone and hung around the clubhouse, but I prefer to do stuff here. I've already got a batch of my famous baked beans in the oven. I will visit mom today and bring her fresh strawberries I picked up at the local market. I plan to go before noon, so I can get a good view of the Snowbirds flying over. Their route is over the river, where mom's residence is located. I don't go to Parliament Hill anymore, just too many people. There will be fireworks which we can see from our house, and there are local ones we can watch also from the comfort of our backyard. They are hoping the rain holds off until they are over.

Yesterday I made a dozen egg McMuffins, which I will drop off at DD later this morning. They should be back from his family cottage after lunch. I also put together 5 pillowcases, which I embroidered names esrlier this week. My son is working on Parliament Hill today, as is just about everyone in law enforcement. Security is very tight on the Hill. We will get together with neighbours for drinks later, and I am ready for impromptu BBQ.

To Canadians here and around the globe, I hope you enjoy a great celebration.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.