Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday a bright glorious morning

Just checking in! Two of the GC came Wednesday , the next 8 arrive today for Gramma camp! We are having a ball. Such polite kids. I planned no fuss meals and it's working great so far. They swim, play cards with me, DH helped them make a knife, they've helped me stake the gladiolas, they seem to so a good interest in getting to know us. I envy those of you who have them close by.. one boy is having his birthday today and we are making a cookie cake and hot wings! Life is good. I even sewed some two days ago. Have a blessed week and a patriotic 4th

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday a bright glorious morning

Terry, I have memories of Grandma 'camp' with my mothers parents. I got to spend a week or two during the summer. No pool, or cards, though. Your camp sounds more fun!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry can I come? Seems we were both posting at the same time. Enjoy your time with your grandchildren as time goes by so fast.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

4. Thanks grammaterry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning ~ Terry, you're fortunate you get to see your GC as often as you do. Mine live clear across the country; we never see them. Gramma Camp sounds like so much fun. They will be memories for them to cherish. DH no longer can cope with more than 1 visitor at a time, & with the caregiving, I can't get away. The youngest GC is in middle school; DH never has seen her. I saw her when she was a baby.

Well, today is day 5 out of the past 7 that the skunk odor has wakened me! Grrr. It means closing all the windows, which makes the house really stuffy in this hot weather. We hit 100 deg. yest. The next few days it's supposed to be in the 80's, which will be a relief.

I haven't done any sewing for several days. My son & I were doing all that yard work. I'm still giving my hand/wrist a rest.

This a.m. will be church. I might stop by the garden shop on the way home for a few perennials to replace some of the old ones we dug out that are looking a big ragged.

I looked at the DD, but passed. It's a bargain, but I'm not crazy about those fabrics. I already have several charm packs & JRs in my stash that I need to use.

6. Thanks Monique, grammaterry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Terry, you get the award. I don't know how I would cope with that many GKs at once. I'm certain the kids enjoy being together and sharing some time with you. It sounds like you have it well planned and organized. Enjoy them.

We see our GKs as all are in town. I couldn't imagine not seeing them and being part of their lives, but life and circumstances make this difficult for many. A GF of mine moved across country to be close to her son & GKs. Her DH is not the son's dad, but suffered major stroke 5 years ago, and she has been unable to leave him unless she put him in care home while gone briefly. He gets stressed when she is away and totally depends on her. She missed seeing the twins and baby, all under 3. She made the difficult decision to move closer and this will be better, as she has support here. DH is still grumbling, but at an advanced age, it was now or never. Very proud she made this decision.

Also posted under Monique's thread.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Terry, that sounds like fun. I only have one GK, and just got a text from DD "Sunday's are for Mimi's house, apparently" . Of course, I'm altering my plans for today. Only 2, and doesn't talk much, but so fun to be around.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, grammaterry thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We have just one DGD and she lives 600 miles away. We used to see her more when she was a baby/toddler; now that she's in school all day we see her only on school vacations.
    Have a wonderful time with them Terry!

12. Thanks grammaterry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

With our blended family we have quite the mix of ages. The son is 28 and his children are 7 & almost 9 months. Our daughter is 13. It makes for some interesting situations!
    We tend to see the grands when the DIL's family is too busy or tired of taking care of them. We aren't the first stop.

They are always welcome to come to the farm.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

14. Thanks grammaterry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

ha, ha. as to the skunk smell--- they are probably sweating a ton!!!

16. Thanks grammaterry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The group this year are 7 to 15. Some are 16 nw and have gotten summer jobs. So fun! Wow! We are going through some food. Family size box of cereal a day. Two lbs of deli meat and loaf of bread and box of yogurt and family size chips at lunch. Last night 10 lbs of hot wings and 10 lbs of French fries. Tonight I've made 3 gal of spaghetti sauce and have two loaves of garlic bread! This is not to mention the 2 gal of lemonade they've drank today... Oh yes, yesterday 2 big cookie dough cakes ,today a PKG of cookie at lunch! My oh my

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post