Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clearly Perfect Trimmer

Good Morning. Do any of you quilt makers have and use the Clearly Perfect Slotted Trimmer? I'm thinking about ordering one after seeing it in a tutorial but it's really pricy. I would hate to spend the money and it end up on the shelf!
    Thanks.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Clearly Perfect Trimmer

I have them and use them but if you have Cozy's Strip Tube ruler, you can do the same thing. You just have to trim your dog ears in another step.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

3. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have them also but most times I don't use the small slot to trim off dog ears, I just wing it with the cutter, seems faster and easier for me. I use a large cutter and don't like the short slot with the large blade. Just my preference. Sometimes I press the seams open and having the dog ears makes it easier with the iron. Then just use scissors for quick snips. If you don't use the ear slot then like Katrina said, a Cozy strip tube ruler works the same.

5. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have them and love them (I don't have the Cozy ruler to compare). Like Mimi, I don't like the small slots for trimming the dog ears. You have to hold your cutter at an odd angle and I'm afraid of an accident. I just use my scissors to trim the dog ears.
    Alas, I have mis-placed one of the 2 rulers...I'm waiting to see if it turns up before ordering another set but I suspect it went into the trash. Maybe I'll spring for the Cozy ruler instead.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Love mine. Makes such perfect HST. The dog ear part is nice, but I nick my blade and dull it on that part.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I demonstrated it for a friend who sells them at a quilt shop. I found the dog ear part awkward to use as well. I wasn't convinced it was worth buying it. See if there is somewhere you can try one before buying it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Eleanor Burns has a similar ruler. One ruler, no slots, and on sale right now at Connecting Threads.

https://www.connectingthreads.com/tr..._source=google