Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunny Saturday hellos

Good morning,

It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day, sunny so far. It's hard to believe they are calling for t-storms this aft. Anyway, that won't stop a gaggle of girlfriends today. I am headed back to Carleton Place this morning to a LQS. We were there Thursday, but almost every year they have a Camada Day special. Today, for Canada's 152nd birthday, if you spend $152, you get a voucher for $152 in July. We did that a few years ago. Then we will head to Perth or Almonte, adorable touristy towns which have unique shops and restaurants. I will pick up some backgrounds to go with some jelly rolls / layer cakes I have.

Yesterday I went with Dorothy to drop off 7 VQC quilts to our generous LAQ. She also dropped off a quilt to be done. We enjoyed coffee at a nearby coffee shop and caught up on our lives. Her whole family is going to Holland for a family reunion. We are planning retreats we want to go in the fall and winter.

I hope everyone has a good day, despite all of life's challenge.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunny Saturday hellos

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It was 70 deg. when we got up this morning; it sure didn't cool off much last night. After our 102 deg. day yest., it stayed warm late into the eve. The skies turned a murky color, cloudy, windy. Then we got lightning & thunder, but no rain. After one big flash of lightning & clap of thunder, our power went off just before 9 p.m. DH notified the power outage phone no. (The dispatcher was in Indiana!) Most of our street was dark as well as some neighbors' houses behind us. Fortunately, the power was off for only 20 min. Then I had to go around & re-set the clocks as well as the message recorder.

Yest. a.m. DH did ok in at the dentist's. It took a while for all the numbness to go out of his gums & cheek. When we got home, I put 3 lb. of Anasazi beans on to cook. I had them all sorted & things ready to go for when we got home. This morning I have a massage at 10:15. I need to make a stop at the groc. store on the way home. I'll bake bread after I get home. I'll have things ready to go. I keep the organic spelt flour in the freezer; I take it out ahead of time to warm up.

Suzanne ~ Have a good time shopping with your GFs.

Well, DH is waiting for his breakfast. I hope everyone has a good week end.

3. Thanks Doloris, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Have a great time Suzanne! Joy, enjoy your massage.

Yesterday, I made one of my SS gifts yesterday. I was tickled pink at how it turned out. There is one thing I would add if I made it again. Stopping talking about it now, before I 'give it away'.

I have one more day of questions for Bible Study tomorrow. So that's on the agenda for this morning. I practiced with my watercolors yesterday afternoon. I love being able to paint along with Sarah Cray. She seems like such a joyful person, and very inspiring. I may or may not pull out my hexie quilt today. I kind of want to get started on it, but I'm kind of scared to get started on it, too.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I'm hoping the rain coming up from the south makes it here this afternoon. It's mighty clear this morning, but that doesn't mean much around here.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy weekend folks and to my fellow Canadians, happy long weekend.

It's off to the big city of Toronto this morning. Checking out something so I know how to get there tomorrow. I love google maps, but not knowing the general area, well that makes me uncomfortable.

At any rate, will likely include a trip to The Workroom which is an AMAZING sewing shop in the city. I'm looking for two Kona solids, a blue and a green to go with the black and white I already chose. And then off to a model shop I found for DH. Two years ago I bought DH a new airbrush for Christmas and he started doing models about a year ago. He does some cool stuff.

So, have a great and safe weekend everyone.

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Saturday morning!

I am happy to report I finished the boss' pillow! It was a race to finish, she has a milestone birthday this year (today, actually!) and she decided to buy her staff lunch on Thursday to celebrate. This meant the pillow had to be done a day early; we had planned to surprise her on Friday. The Monster was not fixed in time, I had to use my little machine with the small throat to finish the appliqué. It was also my first attempt putting a zipper in a pillow cover. I finished it a little after 10 pm Wednesday night. The boss was very surprised and happy, so it was worth it.

I picked up my new glasses with the progressive lenses the other night. I am starting to understand why they can be hard to get used to. I'm not having any trouble adapting to them for distance, but finding the sweet spot for reading is very difficult. There is one micro thin line where I have clarity. I am used to wearing cheaters and having the whole lens. The progressive lenses distort what I am looking at, so the laptop screen looks like a trapezoid instead of a rectangle. I don't know if I will ever get used to that.

No plans for this weekend, other than getting caught up on housework. I think we are done with the rain for today. Time to enjoy the sunshine...and maybe a second cup of tea.

Have a great weekend!

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Julie ~ What you're experiencing with your progressives is why I got rid of mine & went to flat top bifocals on my next glasses. I've been using them ever since. With the progressives, I actually could see to read better w/o the glasses than with them!

I'm now in the middle of baking DH's spelt bread. The first loaf just came out. One down, one to go. The 2nd loaf will be ready to knead in ~10 min.

Katrina ~ I did enjoy my massage. The one hour always goes by so quickly! After 3 days of yard work this week, my body needed working over.

On the way home I stopped at the groc. store for several items. I had the flour for the bread already measured & warming up to room temp. Everything was ready to go into the bread maker as soon as I got home. It's a hot day to bake, but no choice. Earlier it was bright & sunny & 100 deg. Now it's cloudy & 94. I hope the weather behaves this eve. so we don't have another power outage.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back again. It's been quite the day. I bought a Jinny Beyer fabric for the back of log cabin hearts quilt, and assorted fabrics, finishing the bolts for another 20% off. So now I have a voucher for $152 to spend in July, and I know exactly what I will get. We went shopping the local stores, trying on clothes - nothing seemed to fit right. We knew there was t-storm expected around 2pm. It didn't happen but it was quite muggy. Around 4:30, we were in a store when the radio started blaring a tornado warning in the area. We looked out, oh the black clouds. We decided to head back home. We got the map up and could see we were surrounded. We drove through heavy rains and strong winds, as we changed highways to go east, nothing. Dark clouds to the south and west but not where we were going. When we got home, we enjoyed a sangria and then the skies just opened up.

Then the double rainbow. (Ok, now I cant seem to upload picture)

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

13. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post