Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP - June 28 - July 4, 2019

Kicking off the thread this week. And what's happening in your world?

We've enjoyed sunny days with heat & humidity, sprinkled with t-storms all week. When it's too hot, I head indoors to my sewing room. I got 2 afternoons of sewing and have been starting small projects sitting on my table. Mostly pillowcases and mending. I like to embroider the names on the pillowcases for kids. I am making 2 for mom's doctor from Paw Patrol fabric and 3 Montreal Canadians for GSs & dad.

This is celebration week - July 1st Canada and July 4th in USA. We are not planning anything special. There are usually fireworks in our area, so we can watch from our yard and no need to fight crowds. I hope the weather cooperates for whatever you have planned.

What are you working on?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP - June 28 - July 4, 2019

I hope to be finished with my two king carpenter's wheel shams today. I got the fronts pieced and quilted yesterday, now just need to install the zips and sew around then turn rightside out. There will be no binding on these.
    I also started stitd on sashing on a throw. I may have gotten half done yesterday befoe going to the eye doctor. I had my final post cataract op check with no glasses needed now other than readers.

4. Thanks MSN, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got my quilt all sandwiched and pin basted.now just have to mark quilting lines. I usually mark half the quilt at a time after I section it off into 4 pieces. The other day I posted I was waiting for chenille backing from fabric.com. Well good news it arrived but bad news I ordered cream. They sent the right stuff but it had a yellowish tint almost the color of a stick of butter. Did you know they actually accept returns on cut yardage? I was very happy about that cause I ordered 5 yards and it was around $50. Plus on second thought I think chenille would have been hard to quilt through and make an extremely heavy quilt, but am returning it mostly bc of the color. So instead I am using tea dyed muslin from Joann's, a brown paper bag color. I just got back from vacation and had no sewing for 2 whole weeks!!! We were in Boston for a week and Cape Cod for a week. Had a great time but the weather was awful, rained about 75% of the time and temps only about 62. I only found one quilt shop but the clerks were so snooty I didn't buy anything. I did manage to go to lots of antique stores (my weakness is sterling silver) and my dh hit every bookstore!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm supposed to be working on UFO's and have got behind with my BOM but I saw a YouTube tutorial of using a layer cake to make a quarter log cabin. Well I had to jump in and used 25 to make a small Linus quilt, so quick and easy!! 16 has gone into the double slice pattern, also a small Linus quilt. I'll get them finished and go back to my UFO's.

My life is a little upside down at the moment. My DGS had radical surgery on his right foot in May which means he's non-weight bearing so uses crutches and a wheelchair. He's 15 and nearly 6ft tall but still able to attend school. As his parents work full time, we've been taking him to and from school and looking after him until his parents collect him at 6pm. He can't fetch and carry for himself so getting snacks, drinks etc has made him dependent which doesn't sit well with him but on a positive note, he is half way through and has a lot change next week for a further 4 weeks, he'll get there but it's a matter of keeping him motivated.

Hope everyone has a great week.

8. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished the second border for Peace Seeker. One will go on the top and the other on the bottom.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5055.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	159752

Tomorrow is colonoscopy #3. I look forward to that being over. Today is clear liquid only day. I may have to put down the rotary cutter soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5047.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	159751  
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I find it amazing all that everyone is accomplishing, given self health and family health issues.
    Quilting must be good therapy for life.

11. Thanks Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of accomplishments going on in this thread! I haven't done much this week but work. Finally got in the sewing room today and have quilted about 3/4 of a charity quilt. Maybe I can finish it tonight. We'll see.

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I finished putting together 5 personalized pillowcases. The Montreal Canadians ones are for SIL & GS - 1st xmas gifts done. Yeah. The Paw Patrol ones for mom's doctor's GKs. I also did some mending for my son.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	201.0 KB 
ID:	159759

15. Thanks pcbatiks thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

What is it about travel that always seems to make me sick. Got back from my business trip and 48 hours later had a summer cold that laid me out flat. I didn't even get a single stitch made over the weekend or yesterday. I'm still dragging today, and it will be a long day today and tomorrow, what with a sick leave day on Monday and the holiday on Thursday. I'm not going to do anything for the 4th unless my son and daughter in law invite me over.

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Moda Bakeshop Quilt Along, At the Seashore Blocks 5&6....the first 6 blocks together....

Name:	MBS Block 5 Beach Ball  (791x800).jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	159768

Name:	MBS Block 6 Lifeguard Stand 07.03.19.jpg 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	159769

Name:	MBS At the Seashore Blocks 1,2,3,4,5,6  07.03.19 (800x542).jpg 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	159770
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

19. Thanks DeniseSm, SuzanneOrleansOntario, pcbatiks thanked for this post