Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Friday!!

Good morning. Yes it's Friday and a long weekend for us in Canada. Monday is Canada's birthday. Today I work at a new to me post office. It will be a long day as I have been up since 4am. I did not sleep well last night.

Hubby and Greg are on their way to Trenton to see Phil get his promotion. Sad that I can't go, but they promised to take lots of pictures for me. I am not sure when or where I pick up hubby today.

I headed to Fabricville (Fabricland in Quebec) after dropping Les off with Greg, but was disappointed. I left with a little fabric. I then headed to the big shopping centre and I finally found running shoes I like. Buy 1 get the other half price so I bought 2 pairs. I was home by 8 which is really late for me. On my way home, on a back road, I came across a log truck that was having problems. It was a neighbour of mine, so I stopped and gave a ride back to town to pick up another truck.

Busy busy weekend ahead. Phil may come home for the weekend and of course bring Maizyn. I hope so but we shall see.

Have a wonderful day and weekend ahead my friends. Stay safe.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday!!

Morning, Monique and to all that follow.....

It sounds like you have been a busy gal, Monique! I am sorry to don't get to go to see Phil's promotion. I have felt that way several times as of late when my daughter was finishing her senior year and missing out on special awards due to work schedule. That is a bummer.

I am off work today, thank goodness. I closed the store last night; I was scheduled 6-9 PM. Goodness, my left knee was in pain by the time I left. It is still very sore this morning. I had high hopes yesterday before going in, that I am mending. Too much on the leg, brings the pain back. My next follow up appointment is next Wednesday on the 3rd of July.

I still miss Missouri so much and wish I was back there living permanently. Each day Vermont is becoming more of a struggle than I would like to face.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

4. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post
    Morning, Monique and to all that follow.....

It sounds like you have been a busy gal, Monique! I am sorry to don't get to go to see Phil's promotion. I have felt that way several times as of late when my daughter was finishing her senior year and missing out on special awards due to work schedule. That is a bummer.

I am off work today, thank goodness. I closed the store last night; I was scheduled 6-9 PM. Goodness, my left knee was in pain by the time I left. It is still very sore this morning. I had high hopes yesterday before going in, that I am mending. Too much on the leg, brings the pain back. My next follow up appointment is next Wednesday on the 3rd of July.

I still miss Missouri so much and wish I was back there living permanently. Each day Vermont is becoming more of a struggle than I would like to face.
    Shermur,

I don't know the back story about your knee, but if it is an ongoing condition for you, turmeric is a wonderful natural remedy that helps with inflammation and joint pain.

Wishing my fellow Canadians a wonderful and safe holiday weekend.

6. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    It was a noisy evening with t-storm in the area. The rain is appreciated as I won't have to water today. Yesterday, we dropped by the bank on our way to LQS, 45 mins away. I picked up my free metre and a few FQs. We picked up cat food & treats (senior discount day) and coffee beans at our favorite roaster. DH let me drive his new wheels. I need to get used to it for our trip to PEI, since we're not flying this time. When we got home, I cut fabric for burrito pillowcases, and embroidered names on the top for 5 of them.

Monique - sorry to hear you will miss your son's ceremony. I'm certain there will be lots of pictures and he understand. Enjoy your long weekend.
    Shermur - try to rest, as much as you can. It must be hard to miss athe place you feel most at home.

Today, my GF Dorothy is picking me up for coffee and she will be dropping off VQC tops to the LAQ who volunteers to do some for us. I see I missed a call from my mom's cousin. It's been on my to-do list to call and get update on their son's cancer treatments. I need to get some food for the weekend.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks baslp, shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's supposed to be another hot day. Yest. it was 96, & it might be even hotter today. DS#2 came again yest. a.m. & we worked together weeding in the flower beds. He did the heavier work. We were blessed with partial cloud cover most of the morning, so it didn't get super not until after lunch. We sure got a lot done. Three days in a row of yard work for me is a lot, & I'm feeling it.

This a.m. DH has a dental appt. for another crown prep. & a filling. It will be at least 90 min. in the chair, which is a long time for him to sit. He's dreading it. I hope he won't bite himself while eating lunch while he's numbed up. That's what happened last time.

Wed. eve. I got busy with other things & totally spaced out the final episode of the Amazing Race. I watched it last eve. on YT. I really wanted another couple to win, but the ones who did were deserving.

No more time now.

10. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I've been busy, still in my PJs but busy in my sewing room. Yesterday, Diane posted on Facebook pictures of Mike opening up his quilt. His smile made it all worth while. God bless him and her. She's his third wife and truly the charm. I hate that they're having to go through this journey.

Jim called this morning, he wanted to know my eye dr.s name. I gave it to him. Morgan works tonight and Grammy is keeping the kids so she can sleep. It's a good thing Grammy is keeping them, because my house is a mess of squares and pieces trying to figure out this puzzle!

I'd best get dressed and go on back to work in my sewing room. lol, maybe a few youtubes for hints will come first. ;-)
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Just a couple minutes to pop in before heading out to catch the train to the city. Hugh Jackman show tonight! Very excited. My sis and I were going to do the Tenement Museum tour this afternoon before the show tonight but it is going to be a pretty hot day and there is no air conditioning. So we will put that off until the fall. Not sure what adventures/trouble we will get into but I'm sure it will be fun.

Monique, sorry you can't get to Phil's promotion ceremony. Sherri, I hope your knee gets to feeling better soon. Suzanne, have a nice time with your friend today.

Have a fun Friday everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

14. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mike and his quilt.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	159720 Worth it all!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. Thanks baslp, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone,

I received a phone call from my sister n law last night that her husband had passed away. Please keep the family in your prayers. Tommy was 75 and had been in bad health for many years. He and Connie had been married close to 60 years.

Yesterday I went to a fabric sale and they had 50% off if you bought the entire bolt. I found several bolts with less than three yards on them that were in the same line . Its not often here that I am able to find Moda at that price. I also found a bolt of white Bella solid with 7.5 yards for 3.99 a yard . I use this a lot for backs. Nothing better than pretty fabric at a good price.

I have put off cleaning the house as long as I think I can stand it. So that is what I plan on doing today.
    Have a wonderful day!

Teresa

18. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon! Lots of sewing going on around here. All three of the children have decided to make an larger quilt in addition to the mini quilts. The mini quilts are done. The other quilts are in various stages from ready to be quilted to a long string of 2 1/2 inch strips ready to start the race. The oldest boy had an adventure with his layer cake quilt yesterday. The machine sewed fine in the morning but as I was checking over his work in the afternoon, the machine had the tension completely off so we ended up ripping up two rows that were stitched together and started completely back over to squares. Finally by the third time of the rows being incorrectly sewn, he decided to call it a night. I told him sometimes that is the best thing to do. Once he finishes the rows together, then he is ready to buy some fabric and quilt.

And then we have little one who sees everyone else working on their quilts so he decides to pull out his fabric and takes it to the cutting table and starts to take it off the bolt like he has seen me do. I told him to wait until the 4-H quilts are done then I will work on his quilt.

The one thing that I have figured out with everyone sewing is we are going to need to change some of the set up and I need to get a few more basic tools like embroidery scissors and one type of seam ripper as it has became everyone's favorite. They each have a basic sewing kit but is missing the embroidery scissors and that favorite type of seam ripper. I will slowly be stocking up so eventually they will all have a fully stocked sewing kit. But we are okay for now.

Have a great weekend everyone

20. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post