Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillNye
    Administrator
    The Guild President
    • Feb 2009

Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
    Yes, BillNye you are missing the frustration! all of this shipping problem /disaster is directly from MSQ, yes we were given options, but you missed the mark.... you say you (MSQ) have no control after you ship, but your the one who chooses the shipping company!! If I can order from … in Colorado, it's a flat rate, it comes in 2 days, please tell me why can't you do this? it's a simple question nothing complicated, Colorado uses the same shipper every time and no one complains to them about shipping.
    @Ktdid we've got a few situations going on here, most of the conversation in this thread is international, you are domestic right? What was your experience with the $5 service last time you used it? Paint me a picture quick and let me digest what's happening for you?

Comment

• auntstuff
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2017

Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

I used it twice last month. 8 days the first time, 2 weeks the second time because they "lost" the package somewhere between arriving in town and dropping off at the PO. How do you DO that in a town of less than 1000? And I'm just over the state border from you.
      She who dies with the most quilts is......
      Still dead.
      What's your hurry?

Comment

• Old Newbie
        The Guild President
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
        I gotchya. It really is hard as you grow with a company, 10 years ago, we could get a charm pack across the country for under $2 with first class mail, now it's closer to $4, as shipping fees have doubled, we've had to figure out how to manage the rise in shipping costs with improving service. It really is a balancing act. I can certainly appreciate that we don't deserve your business, we have to earn it. Keep talking to me as we go and let me know what would win that back. Right now there are three levels of shipping speed - the slow boat but cheap @ $5, 2 day @ $7 and overnight at $12, we're way cheaper on the expedited services than literally any competitor out there, the standard shipping could use a bit of fine tuning, we'll keep working on it.

Thanks for keeping the dialogue open with me, we're still building away over here
        Ha! I feel guilty now for even starting this thread. I would say FedexSmartpost is not a wise contract for you. It is slow and crazy making with its routes. I guess if I know it is the slow boat, I can adjust my expectations. I do really appreciate this website, I just also really need the thread I ordered. But I also worry about Amazon and it’s effect on local stores, and have to remember that, too.

Comment

• auntstuff
          Missouri Star
          • Nov 2017

I NEVER use Amazon when I can get it anywhere else!
          She who dies with the most quilts is......
          Still dead.
          What's your hurry?

Comment

• shermur
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2013

All I know that has been proven? I have been ordering from another on-line fabric store in Texas, shipping to Vermont and I can get my orders usually within 3-4 days for a shipping cost of $4.95 via the USPS.....that is acceptable. With MSQC, for a higher cost, it takes anywhere from 7-14 days via Fedex Smart....not acceptable....
            Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Cindy Swoveland
              Beginning Stitcher
              • Sep 2016

Yes, the FedEx service to Canada is abysmal! My latest order was placed on June 11 and shipped on the 13th (kudos to MSQC for the quick shipping). It is now 15 business days since then (nearly 4 real weeks!!!). The Fedex site, incidentally, says that parcels will be delivered in 7-11 business days!!! However, upon contacting the MSQC feedback people, it appears that parcels shipped to Canada are taking around 20 business days (or about 6 weeks in real time!!!) to reach us!!! The tracking on my parcel has been most interesting. First, it appears to have gone to New Jersey. Then it showed up in Chicago. Then it showed up in Quebec and now there are actually 2 records for it - same number but 2 records!!! In one, it is still in Chicago; in the other it is at Mirabel Airport in customs in Quebec. It will be a complete surprise when the package comes because once they hand off to Canada Post it is no longer tracked. This is completely unlike their previous service which took maybe a day to get to Chicago, another day to get to customs in Toronto and then about a week (plus or minus) to get out here to Victoria. I love MSQC because they have such good selection and prices and I really want to support them because they give us so much free education in the form of Jenny's wonderful videos. However, I expect I will be paying more and buying less in the future unless it is something I don't need in the near future. Anything that is rush, I will have to find either locally or at one of a couple of good BC online stores. I hope MSQC can sort out this horrid shipping sooner than later. If they signed a contract based on 7-11 business day delivery, surely, by now they have enough evidence to escape from it!!!

Comment

• kensington
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by chelea View Post
                Speaking only for MYSELF, I think I've been spoiled by Amazon Prime, haha. Too bad we can't have MSQC Prime!
                My Vintage movie collection has exploded since I have Amazon Prime... LOL. I don't stress over MSQC shipping, I chillax and l sit back and wait for goodies to come, or I can pay a bit more if I want it sooner, If I really need it or can't do without it, I can get in my car and drive 50 minutes and get it today. I know precuts arrive sooner than yardage.

Comment

• Cindy Swoveland
                  Beginning Stitcher
                  • Sep 2016

Originally posted by kensington View Post
                  My Vintage movie collection has exploded since I have Amazon Prime... LOL. I don't stress over MSQC shipping, I chillax and l sit back and wait for goodies to come, or I can pay a bit more if I want it sooner, If I really need it or can't do without it, I can get in my car and drive 50 minutes and get it today. I know precuts arrive sooner than yardage.
                  Most of us who are complaining are NOT having a problem with MSQC's speed in gathering the different parts of the order and readying them for pickup by the shipper. In my case, I ordered a ruler that was the daily deal and some yardage. Although yardage often takes longer to process, they had my order ready for the shipper to pick up in just 2 days. It is, in fact, the shipper that is being complained about. If you look at my post (above), you will see that I have been awaiting arrival of my order for a whole MONTH as of today! I used to receive orders in at most 2 weeks. Unlike you, many of us do NOT live within 50 minutes of MSQC or any other quilt shop that has anywhere near as extensive a selection. My "local" quilt shop is ok but is a half hour by car. It has a much more limited selection and much higher prices. Like many who have complained, we do so to in hopes of informing MSQC of a problem and knowing that, because they DO value their customers, they will try hard to fix the problem.

Comment

• Cindy Swoveland
                    Beginning Stitcher
                    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Cindy Swoveland View Post
                    Yes, the FedEx service to Canada is abysmal! My latest order was placed on June 11 and shipped on the 13th (kudos to MSQC for the quick shipping). It is now 15 business days since then (nearly 4 real weeks!!!). The Fedex site, incidentally, says that parcels will be delivered in 7-11 business days!!! However, upon contacting the MSQC feedback people, it appears that parcels shipped to Canada are taking around 20 business days (or about 6 weeks in real time!!!) to reach us!!! The tracking on my parcel has been most interesting. First, it appears to have gone to New Jersey. Then it showed up in Chicago. Then it showed up in Quebec and now there are actually 2 records for it - same number but 2 records!!! In one, it is still in Chicago; in the other it is at Mirabel Airport in customs in Quebec. It will be a complete surprise when the package comes because once they hand off to Canada Post it is no longer tracked. This is completely unlike their previous service which took maybe a day to get to Chicago, another day to get to customs in Toronto and then about a week (plus or minus) to get out here to Victoria. I love MSQC because they have such good selection and prices and I really want to support them because they give us so much free education in the form of Jenny's wonderful videos. However, I expect I will be paying more and buying less in the future unless it is something I don't need in the near future. Anything that is rush, I will have to find either locally or at one of a couple of good BC online stores. I hope MSQC can sort out this horrid shipping sooner than later. If they signed a contract based on 7-11 business day delivery, surely, by now they have enough evidence to escape from it!!!
                    Update: My parcel arrived just minutes ago. So it took a whole month from leaving MSQC. And, oddly, there was a Canada Post tracking number on it but FedEX doesn't let you know that. I am glad to get the package but still very, very annoyed with the FedEX service.

Comment

• Cindy Swoveland
                      Beginning Stitcher
                      • Sep 2016

Update: My parcel arrived just minutes ago. So it took a whole month from leaving MSQC. And, oddly, there was a Canada Post tracking number on it but FedEX doesn't let you know that. I am glad to get the package but still very, very annoyed with the FedEX service.
                      I heard from the MSQC feedback folk today...Sounds like we have been heard and heeded! They are going to get a different service for international customers. Hooray for them!!!

Comment

• Heather

I heard from the MSQC feedback folk today...Sounds like we have been heard and heeded! They are going to get a different service for international customers. Hooray for them!!!

Hopefully DHL for international, or if they must stick with Fed Ex, they drop surepost altogether. I think it's great M* responded and are addressing the issue.

Comment

• BevW
                          UN-Biased
                          • Jan 2014

I don't feel that your company got too big for it's britches. It is frustrating, though, when we order something and it takes so long to get it. I ordered something on Friday and still have not gotten a notification that it is shipping. It is Monday, 6:30 p.m. and still no notification that it is moving along. I ordered something last month and it went from Mo to Ga to Pa and then to Indiana and finally to NJ. I think that your company should really look into another company for shipping. People are really annoyed.

Comment

• minipinlady
                            Missouri Star
                            • Dec 2018

Thank you MSQC for that wonderful news. The problem was never MSQC . The problem was FedEx ( ILLEGITIMATE RODENTS !!!!) . MSQC sent my pkg out on July 3rd and today is the 15th so I know it's 2 more weeks before that may arrive, since that one is the hands of FedEx.
                            Thank you Cindy for letting us know this great news. I usually stay up till 1am my time since it is when the daily deal changes. That way I could order anything I need before it is sold out, lol, I know I need to get a life. I was after cutting back on my orders. When FedEx isn't involved anymore, I will be able to start my Christmas order . One of the best things I love about MSQC is that I can order something and have it sent to directly to someone as a gift.
                            Fantastic news.
                            Last edited by minipinlady; July 15, 2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• BevW
                              UN-Biased
                              • Jan 2014

Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

I don't feel that your company got too big for it's britches. It is frustrating, though, when we order something and it takes so long to get it. I ordered something on Friday and still have not gotten a notification that it is shipping. It is Monday, 6:30 p.m. and still no notification that it is moving along. I ordered something last month and it went from Mo to Ga to Pa and then to Indiana and finally to NJ. I think that your company should really look into another company for shipping. People are really annoyed.

Comment

• kensington
                                Missouri Star
                                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
                                I agree completely with you, I feel they have "Gotten to big for their britches" funny how wealth can override what is best for serving the customer. Arrogance in "How dare a customer complain, we are bigger with lots more money to throw around and don't you forget it!!
                                I'm not sure how someone who has been here such a short time, who doesn't know them could say such a rude thing. I've been a customer a bit longer than you, I've attended 6 retreats, shopped in store too many times to count, I saw them go from one shop to where they are now... so I believe I can say this is not a group of people or a company that gets too big for their britches.

You have no idea how much they have worked and sweated to get where they are. They have built and rebuilt more than most people ever build in a life time in 10 years. They are kind, funny, humble people. When my sister passed away, Jenny saw it on facebook, and a few weeks later I was there shopping and she was headed somewhere, she was in a hurry, she stopped and hugged me so I could cry on her shoulder... People like that don't get too big for their britches. Walk a mile ... why don't cha.

The world doesn't start and stop on whether or not some fabric orders take a bit, The world doesn't revolve around you. They do not deserve your snide comments. You have no idea what you are talking about. Not even close.

Comment

Working...
                                X