Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4CC26389-4877-46CF-9FF3-EFF63B7D2966.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	159715

Ordered June 21. Delivery 2 weeks later? For me, that is not acceptable when I have other choices. I am posting this because I appreciate MSQC tutorials and forum very much and like to support this company. But until shipping changes, I believe I will be using my local options, and using MSQC for quilting only. Just wanted you to know why.

2. Thanks ktdid thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

That seems way too long to me too. I love MSQC too and recently I thought I would go through my wish list and delete some items. To my surprise out of about 30 on the list, about half came up as out of stock.

4. Thanks Old Newbie thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

I agree completely with you, I feel they have "Gotten to big for their britches" funny how wealth can override what is best for serving the customer. Arrogance in "How dare a customer complain, we are bigger with lots more money to throw around and don't you forget it!!
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

My shippings seems to be fine, but i've tried to contact them on their items on their site. some look interesting on the main page but if you hover cursor over them, it says "add to cart", dare to click to view better and it goes into your cart!! Only want to see the item better before i decide to add it to my cart. But if you click, it goes in there. you forget, buy something else and get more than you wanted. charged of course. that is sneaky to me. sigh.

7. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

perhaps it's just the shipping company? Recently, I order two items from the SAME store. One item came within 2 days, the other item came 2 weeks later! I was able to track that shipment and it seemed as if the shipping company was sending it around the country before making it to me!

Had I not been given the tracking number I would have thought the store I purchased it from was holding up the package. It was just the shipping company. (the store used 2 different companies. The FedEx package came immediately, the UPS took 2 weeks).

9. Thanks Old Newbie thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

@jjkaiser I've been to the store and asked lots of questions about why things are out of stock on the website. I've been told that the companies that they purchase from stop making certain lines and they are "out of stock" forever. You may have chosen some popular items that just sold out forever?

Is it MSQC's fault that Moda, Timeless Treasure, Riley Blake, or whomever stopped manufacturing a certain line? I agree that communication SHOULD be better, but to chastise them due to things out of their control is not right, either.

11. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

wait wait wait, how are we too big for our britches? On shipping, we give you a cheaper option that goes slower that's actually pretty cheap ($5) for $2 more you can get it in 2 days, our rationale here is that you can choose what service you'd like.

Am I missing what the frustration is here? Did it take weeks before it got shipped out or something? Where was the issue exactly?

On the out of stock items, fabric only gets one ordering run from us, they won't reprint it so we only get what we can guess we'd sell. Everything else though we really should have in stock, and if you try and buy some needles or thread and we don't have them, we absolutely deserve the criticism.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

My problem with the shipping is with the shipping company they use. For us here in Canada, Fedex keeps the website showing it is stuck in Newark NJ. My husband is military postal and he says FedEx is like that for everyone, not just MSQC. I don't know who they had before FedEx, but they were superior. FedEx has a terrible tracking lie . Every package so far for last 5 orders , the package once it reaches Canada ( who by the way does have a crappy FedEx here as well, ) it suddenly is thrown to Canada Post. A month to get a package from Missouri. I don't think MSQC has put on airs at all, they still have the very best customer service and prices. I think the family worked very hard for their success. I do not begrudge them their reward for hard work and sacrifice. I do however put "the quilter's curse "on FedEx. I showed my husband my latest MSQC package yesterday and the website for FedEx tracking. I put my hand on the package and said " See it's still in NJ, LOL". when I pointed to the laptop screen. I am not laughing when I am constantly having to watch the door and window for a month in case of delivery. I really miss their old service of sending packages, they used to come to my door in a week or so, and the delivery person even knocked. Sighs... the old days...

14. Thanks Old Newbie, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    wait wait wait, how are we too big for our britches? On shipping, we give you a cheaper option that goes slower that's actually pretty cheap ($5) for $2 more you can get it in 2 days, our rationale here is that you can choose what service you'd like.

Am I missing what the frustration is here? Did it take weeks before it got shipped out or something? Where was the issue exactly?

On the out of stock items, fabric only gets one ordering run from us, they won't reprint it so we only get what we can guess we'd sell. Everything else though we really should have in stock, and if you try and buy some needles or thread and we don't have them, we absolutely deserve the criticism.
    Re out of stock. I completely understand that fabric is produced in limited runs. When something on the wish list is flagged out of stock and you click on just that one item, sometimes it says Gone Forever yes we all know what that means!! Or it might say currently unavailable, and what exactly does that mean? That you expect to get more in? Idk if you are able to view my wish lists if you need to see what I am talking about? If so I am referring to items in my Use This wish list. Personally I don't think you are too big for your britches and generally do a pretty great job. I feel bad you think I was being too critical. I think just the fact that you keep tabs on your peeps on the Forum speaks volumes about your commitment to your customers and efforts to make it right whenever possible. Thanks for listening.

16. Thanks MSN, Old Newbie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had a problem with the shipping as some of you have had, my packages arrive in a timely fashion. MSQC has given us options in receiving our packages quicker for an additional 2.00 fee I feel they are listening to the concerns being expressed here and trying to accommodate. Most of the things I order are just because I like the fabric and have no immediate plans to use it however if it was something I needed right away I would certainly take advantage of the extra $2.00 fee to get it in two days.
    Last edited by Cathy F; June 27th, 2019 at 04:27 PM.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards