Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

Hey shermer, was this the expedited 2 day shipping or our standard saver shipping option?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Hey shermer, was this the expedited 2 day shipping or our standard saver shipping option?
    It was the $5.00 shipping option.....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha, that one has a service agreement of 3-5 days, so you got it right around that range (with New Years and the weekend killing a few of the business days we get to track them on) unfortunately it took the full 5 days to get there. One thing we could have improved is getting it out sooner, and we can work on that.

The ones that really get me are when it takes weeks to get to you. Seeing as how this is pretty much in line with what we’d expect, I’m curious how we should have messaged this to you? Could we have given you better estimates or a notice that with the New Years day there would be a further delay? Just wondering how we could have helped this be a positive experience instead of a disappointing one?

We did add in the 2 day shipping option for a really good price (significantly cheaper than anyone else out there for 2 day) to help tackle situations like these if you were ever in a hurry.

Really appreciate you taking time to give feedback
    Al

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post

We did add in the 2 day shipping option for a really good price
    (significantly cheaper than anyone else out there for 2 day) to help tackle situations like these if you were ever in a hurry.

Al

Al, just need to add this feedback: There are quite a few online fabric stores who offer $5 flat rate shipping and send it USPS Priority which is almost always 2 days. Just sayin'. I don't expect quick service from M* anymore, so not complaining - "just sayin'".
    Donna

5. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Could we have given you better estimates or a notice that with the New Years day there would be a further delay? Just wondering how we could have helped this be a positive experience instead of a disappointing one?

We did add in the 2 day shipping option for a really good price (significantly cheaper than anyone else out there for 2 day) to help tackle situations like these if you were ever in a hurry.

Al[/QUOTE]

I thought the shipping war was over! Can't you leave this poor man alone, a little bump in the road, and you start in again. Common sense should have told you there would be delays when there's holiday's involved or a big sale is going on. Al has bent over backwards for you, every one was happy after the final shipping charges & carrier's were finalized. There's no pleasing some people. Al, I appreciate your hard work, but there's always some one who is never satisfied.
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

7. Thanks auntiemern, sydneybean, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

And there's always another one to point out what they perceive as others' shortcomings....
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I do apologize if my post seemed unkind....that was not my intention. It was proving a point that shipments shipped via USPS gets to me faster than Fedex Smartpost.
    Since I do not have a local quilt shop to patron at and most of my fabric stash and supplies have been purchased on-line? I would like it sooner than later.
    The current M* order purchased on 12/26/19 tracking stated I should receive the single pattern on 01/05/19. Then, it stated I should receive it 01/06/19. It is still not here; and I have received 2 orders from Buda, TX (order 12/27/19 and 01/04/20) via USPS. The "little bump in the road" regarding the way M* ships their orders has been going on since November 2017.
    I have always adored the Doan family and I always will; I promote their franchise with quilters in the Northeast United States every chance I get.
    Last edited by shermur; January 7th, 2020 at 08:27 AM.
    Sherri

10. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Missouri Star order 12.26.19 recvd 01.07.20.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	162216

So, my order from 12/26/19 finally showed up today. A single, hard copy pattern that was put into a box with a lot of paper stuffing and a thank you from the packer. So, is this why it went Fedex Smartpost instead of USPS? Because it was put into an oversized box?
    Sherri

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

@shermur, didnít read it as unkind, so donít even worry about that.

Yeah, USPS is often a better service, they have terrible visibility into their hiccups though, if a package doesnít get there in 3/4 days we literally never see it again. The service weíre using has improved, but is predictably 3-5 days for the flat rate. But itís our volume there that letís us offer the 2 day shipping thatís unmatched in the entire industry. I dunno, itís all business decisions, I think we have a another service tier or two to introduce that continues to give better options (and hopefully a cheaper economy option still for people who donít have any need to rush)

Thanks for the chat, Iíll keep you posted with where we go, lots of good ideas coming up the pipe. Closing this thread for now, we can do a new one for any new issues we run into