Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now or

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48
  1. #31
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hamilton, MO
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

    Quote Originally Posted by ktdid View Post
    Yes, BillNye you are missing the frustration! all of this shipping problem /disaster is directly from MSQ, yes we were given options, but you missed the mark.... you say you (MSQ) have no control after you ship, but your the one who chooses the shipping company!! If I can order from in Colorado, it's a flat rate, it comes in 2 days, please tell me why can't you do this? it's a simple question nothing complicated, Colorado uses the same shipper every time and no one complains to them about shipping.
    @Ktdid we've got a few situations going on here, most of the conversation in this thread is international, you are domestic right? What was your experience with the $5 service last time you used it? Paint me a picture quick and let me digest what's happening for you?

  2. #32
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

    I used it twice last month. 8 days the first time, 2 weeks the second time because they "lost" the package somewhere between arriving in town and dropping off at the PO. How do you DO that in a town of less than 1000? And I'm just over the state border from you.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

  3. #33
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

    Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    I gotchya. It really is hard as you grow with a company, 10 years ago, we could get a charm pack across the country for under $2 with first class mail, now it's closer to $4, as shipping fees have doubled, we've had to figure out how to manage the rise in shipping costs with improving service. It really is a balancing act. I can certainly appreciate that we don't deserve your business, we have to earn it. Keep talking to me as we go and let me know what would win that back. Right now there are three levels of shipping speed - the slow boat but cheap @ $5, 2 day @ $7 and overnight at $12, we're way cheaper on the expedited services than literally any competitor out there, the standard shipping could use a bit of fine tuning, we'll keep working on it.

    Thanks for keeping the dialogue open with me, we're still building away over here
    Ha! I feel guilty now for even starting this thread. I would say FedexSmartpost is not a wise contract for you. It is slow and crazy making with its routes. I guess if I know it is the slow boat, I can adjust my expectations. I do really appreciate this website, I just also really need the thread I ordered. But I also worry about Amazon and its effect on local stores, and have to remember that, too.

  4. #34
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

    I NEVER use Amazon when I can get it anywhere else!
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

  5. #35
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VT (formerly Arkansas & Missouri)
    Posts
    3,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

    All I know that has been proven? I have been ordering from another on-line fabric store in Texas, shipping to Vermont and I can get my orders usually within 3-4 days for a shipping cost of $4.95 via the USPS.....that is acceptable. With MSQC, for a higher cost, it takes anywhere from 7-14 days via Fedex Smart....not acceptable....
    Sherri

    "Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

  6. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
  7. #36
    Beginning Stitcher

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Victoria BC Canada
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

    Yes, the FedEx service to Canada is abysmal! My latest order was placed on June 11 and shipped on the 13th (kudos to MSQC for the quick shipping). It is now 15 business days since then (nearly 4 real weeks!!!). The Fedex site, incidentally, says that parcels will be delivered in 7-11 business days!!! However, upon contacting the MSQC feedback people, it appears that parcels shipped to Canada are taking around 20 business days (or about 6 weeks in real time!!!) to reach us!!! The tracking on my parcel has been most interesting. First, it appears to have gone to New Jersey. Then it showed up in Chicago. Then it showed up in Quebec and now there are actually 2 records for it - same number but 2 records!!! In one, it is still in Chicago; in the other it is at Mirabel Airport in customs in Quebec. It will be a complete surprise when the package comes because once they hand off to Canada Post it is no longer tracked. This is completely unlike their previous service which took maybe a day to get to Chicago, another day to get to customs in Toronto and then about a week (plus or minus) to get out here to Victoria. I love MSQC because they have such good selection and prices and I really want to support them because they give us so much free education in the form of Jenny's wonderful videos. However, I expect I will be paying more and buying less in the future unless it is something I don't need in the near future. Anything that is rush, I will have to find either locally or at one of a couple of good BC online stores. I hope MSQC can sort out this horrid shipping sooner than later. If they signed a contract based on 7-11 business day delivery, surely, by now they have enough evidence to escape from it!!!

  8. Thanks shermur, auntstuff thanked for this post
  9. #37
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Out in the country.
    Posts
    7,537
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

    Quote Originally Posted by chelea View Post
    Speaking only for MYSELF, I think I've been spoiled by Amazon Prime, haha. Too bad we can't have MSQC Prime!
    My Vintage movie collection has exploded since I have Amazon Prime... LOL. I don't stress over MSQC shipping, I chillax and l sit back and wait for goodies to come, or I can pay a bit more if I want it sooner, If I really need it or can't do without it, I can get in my car and drive 50 minutes and get it today. I know precuts arrive sooner than yardage.

  10. Thanks sydneybean thanked for this post
  11. #38
    Beginning Stitcher

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Victoria BC Canada
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

    Quote Originally Posted by kensington View Post
    My Vintage movie collection has exploded since I have Amazon Prime... LOL. I don't stress over MSQC shipping, I chillax and l sit back and wait for goodies to come, or I can pay a bit more if I want it sooner, If I really need it or can't do without it, I can get in my car and drive 50 minutes and get it today. I know precuts arrive sooner than yardage.
    Most of us who are complaining are NOT having a problem with MSQC's speed in gathering the different parts of the order and readying them for pickup by the shipper. In my case, I ordered a ruler that was the daily deal and some yardage. Although yardage often takes longer to process, they had my order ready for the shipper to pick up in just 2 days. It is, in fact, the shipper that is being complained about. If you look at my post (above), you will see that I have been awaiting arrival of my order for a whole MONTH as of today! I used to receive orders in at most 2 weeks. Unlike you, many of us do NOT live within 50 minutes of MSQC or any other quilt shop that has anywhere near as extensive a selection. My "local" quilt shop is ok but is a half hour by car. It has a much more limited selection and much higher prices. Like many who have complained, we do so to in hopes of informing MSQC of a problem and knowing that, because they DO value their customers, they will try hard to fix the problem.

  12. Thanks Old Newbie thanked for this post
  13. #39
    Beginning Stitcher

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Victoria BC Canada
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Swoveland View Post
    Yes, the FedEx service to Canada is abysmal! My latest order was placed on June 11 and shipped on the 13th (kudos to MSQC for the quick shipping). It is now 15 business days since then (nearly 4 real weeks!!!). The Fedex site, incidentally, says that parcels will be delivered in 7-11 business days!!! However, upon contacting the MSQC feedback people, it appears that parcels shipped to Canada are taking around 20 business days (or about 6 weeks in real time!!!) to reach us!!! The tracking on my parcel has been most interesting. First, it appears to have gone to New Jersey. Then it showed up in Chicago. Then it showed up in Quebec and now there are actually 2 records for it - same number but 2 records!!! In one, it is still in Chicago; in the other it is at Mirabel Airport in customs in Quebec. It will be a complete surprise when the package comes because once they hand off to Canada Post it is no longer tracked. This is completely unlike their previous service which took maybe a day to get to Chicago, another day to get to customs in Toronto and then about a week (plus or minus) to get out here to Victoria. I love MSQC because they have such good selection and prices and I really want to support them because they give us so much free education in the form of Jenny's wonderful videos. However, I expect I will be paying more and buying less in the future unless it is something I don't need in the near future. Anything that is rush, I will have to find either locally or at one of a couple of good BC online stores. I hope MSQC can sort out this horrid shipping sooner than later. If they signed a contract based on 7-11 business day delivery, surely, by now they have enough evidence to escape from it!!!
    Update: My parcel arrived just minutes ago. So it took a whole month from leaving MSQC. And, oddly, there was a Canada Post tracking number on it but FedEX doesn't let you know that. I am glad to get the package but still very, very annoyed with the FedEX service.

  14. Thanks Old Newbie thanked for this post
  15. #40
    Beginning Stitcher

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Victoria BC Canada
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Swoveland View Post
    Update: My parcel arrived just minutes ago. So it took a whole month from leaving MSQC. And, oddly, there was a Canada Post tracking number on it but FedEX doesn't let you know that. I am glad to get the package but still very, very annoyed with the FedEX service.
    I heard from the MSQC feedback folk today...Sounds like we have been heard and heeded! They are going to get a different service for international customers. Hooray for them!!!

  16. Thanks Granny Fran, Old Newbie, MSN thanked for this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •