Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    wait wait wait, how are we too big for our britches? On shipping, we give you a cheaper option that goes slower that's actually pretty cheap ($5) for $2 more you can get it in 2 days, our rationale here is that you can choose what service you'd like.

Am I missing what the frustration is here? Did it take weeks before it got shipped out or something? Where was the issue exactly?
    Bill Nye, I did not say you are too big for your britches. What I am telling you is I have choices in my ability to buy fabric, thread, etc. I choose to buy some of what I use from you to support your store, because I like you and you give me quilting advice I like. But the shipping slowdown is causing me to rethink my commitment. Is this rational? Maybe, maybe not but it is happening. I know I can pay 2 extra dollars to have a choice, but I do not need to do that elsewhere. So, I guess that 2 dollars and the slow shipping is my line. I know you pack it fast, but I also know you choose a FedEXsmartshipping partnership, and they are slow. I am just one customer, but you are about to lose her for fabric , etc until shipping changes. I'll still stay for the machine quilting.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    My shippings seems to be fine, but i've tried to contact them on their items on their site. some look interesting on the main page but if you hover cursor over them, it says "add to cart", dare to click to view better and it goes into your cart!! Only want to see the item better before i decide to add it to my cart. But if you click, it goes in there. you forget, buy something else and get more than you wanted. charged of course. that is sneaky to me. sigh.
    NativeTexan, the way to view something better without it going into your cart, is to hover and then click on the text below the item. Don't let your cursor be over the item itself, because it will then go into your cart. Try this and see if it helps.

3. Thanks sydneybean, Old Newbie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by am2901 View Post
    NativeTexan, the way to view something better without it going into your cart, is to hover and then click on the text below the item. Don't let your cursor be over the item itself, because it will then go into your cart. Try this and see if it helps.
    Personally I think that the "Add to Cart" shouldn't even show up/be an option until you view the item. The way it is now, is frustrating when you just want to look closer to see if it's what you like/want, and click quickly on the image, next thing you know it's in your cart.

As for the shipping issues, Thank you MSQ for giving us options! I personally don't mind paying a few bucks for quick shipping for something I need/want sooner rather than later.

5. Thanks auntstuff, Old Newbie, Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

"
    Quote Originally Posted by minipinlady View Post
    My problem with the shipping is with the shipping company they use. For us here in Canada, Fedex keeps the website showing it is stuck in Newark NJ. My husband is military postal and he says FedEx is like that for everyone, not just MSQC. I don't know who they had before FedEx, but they were superior. FedEx has a terrible tracking lie . Every package so far for last 5 orders , the package once it reaches Canada ( who by the way does have a crappy FedEx here as well, ) it suddenly is thrown to Canada Post. A month to get a package from Missouri. I don't think MSQC has put on airs at all, they still have the very best customer service and prices. I think the family worked very hard for their success. I do not begrudge them their reward for hard work and sacrifice. I do however put "the quilter's curse "on FedEx. I showed my husband my latest MSQC package yesterday and the website for FedEx tracking. I put my hand on the package and said " See it's still in NJ, LOL". when I pointed to the laptop screen. I am not laughing when I am constantly having to watch the door and window for a month in case of delivery. I really miss their old service of sending packages, they used to come to my door in a week or so, and the delivery person even knocked. Sighs... the old days...
    I have to agree. Service through the FedEx service is not the best. It's strange because last year when I was in Kansas I went to FedEx office and sent 3 huge boxes (averaging 50-75 each). Shipped them home. The packages arrived in 2 days. They did get hung up at customs and we had to go declare there,

I just received my 50th order (who knew) from MSQC since 2015. It took 23 days to Canada. Once it crossed the border, it took a little over one day to receive. And they no longer leave at the door, as you must sign for package.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

7. Thanks Old Newbie thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, BillNye you are missing the frustration! all of this shipping problem /disaster is directly from MSQ, yes we were given options, but you missed the mark.... you say you (MSQ) have no control after you ship, but your the one who chooses the shipping company!! If I can order from … in Colorado, it's a flat rate, it comes in 2 days, please tell me why can't you do this? it's a simple question nothing complicated, Colorado uses the same shipper every time and no one complains to them about shipping.
    When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
    Eleanor Roosevelt

9. Thanks Old Newbie, shermur thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I never had any problem with shipping an i order pretty much weekly, sometimes more than that! in most cases the order is shipped same day or the next day. You can't beat $5 shipping or free after $100 with that kind of service. If you live in another country, i get it that it will be more untimely. As far as adding items to the cart when hovering over the item, just be careful where you 'click' on the items picture. If you click dead center, it will add to your cart. Click on the lower portion of the picture and you will get the description instead. As far as out of stock items, that problem exists on every shopping website that i use. Maybe if you know you are never going to get another run of the fabric or item, archive it instead of keeping it on the shopping portal. I love MSQC and can't wait to visit there one day! And i write this after just ordering 12 more items.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Carlie Wolf, Old Newbie thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MysticGrayStar View Post
    @jjkaiser I've been to the store and asked lots of questions about why things are out of stock on the website. I've been told that the companies that they purchase from stop making certain lines and they are "out of stock" forever. You may have chosen some popular items that just sold out forever?

Is it MSQC's fault that Moda, Timeless Treasure, Riley Blake, or whomever stopped manufacturing a certain line? I agree that communication SHOULD be better, but to chastise them due to things out of their control is not right, either.
    Items that they cannot stock any longer should be removed from the website. It just causes frustration for the customer.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bill, i will watch where i click in future. Now, where is the choices of shipping companies to be seen? I just buy and you guys ship. I've never made a choice of shipper. so far, i've not really had a problem but would like to be prepared. Thanks.

14. Thanks Old Newbie thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Fedex SUCKS is the biggest problem. This last go-round they "lost" package just before PO dropoff, took them several days to "find" it.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

16. Thanks ktdid thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking only for MYSELF, I think I've been spoiled by Amazon Prime, haha. Too bad we can't have MSQC Prime!

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Old Newbie thanked for this post