Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RAFDesigns
    9 Patch Princess
    • Mar 2019

Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

I never had any problem with shipping an i order pretty much weekly, sometimes more than that! in most cases the order is shipped same day or the next day. You can't beat $5 shipping or free after $100 with that kind of service. If you live in another country, i get it that it will be more untimely. As far as adding items to the cart when hovering over the item, just be careful where you 'click' on the items picture. If you click dead center, it will add to your cart. Click on the lower portion of the picture and you will get the description instead. As far as out of stock items, that problem exists on every shopping website that i use. Maybe if you know you are never going to get another run of the fabric or item, archive it instead of keeping it on the shopping portal. I love MSQC and can't wait to visit there one day! And i write this after just ordering 12 more items.

Comment

• Lyndaj
      The Guild President
      • Dec 2015

Re: Another shipping story, another customer disappointed, another customer who loves MSQC

Originally posted by MysticGrayStar View Post
      @jjkaiser I've been to the store and asked lots of questions about why things are out of stock on the website. I've been told that the companies that they purchase from stop making certain lines and they are "out of stock" forever. You may have chosen some popular items that just sold out forever?

Is it MSQC's fault that Moda, Timeless Treasure, Riley Blake, or whomever stopped manufacturing a certain line? I agree that communication SHOULD be better, but to chastise them due to things out of their control is not right, either.
      Items that they cannot stock any longer should be removed from the website. It just causes frustration for the customer.

Comment

• nativetexan
        Banned
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2018

Thanks Bill, i will watch where i click in future. Now, where is the choices of shipping companies to be seen? I just buy and you guys ship. I've never made a choice of shipper. so far, i've not really had a problem but would like to be prepared. Thanks.

Comment

• auntstuff
          Missouri Star
          • Nov 2017

Fedex SUCKS is the biggest problem. This last go-round they "lost" package just before PO dropoff, took them several days to "find" it.
          She who dies with the most quilts is......
          Still dead.
          What's your hurry?

Comment

• chelea
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2012

Speaking only for MYSELF, I think I've been spoiled by Amazon Prime, haha. Too bad we can't have MSQC Prime!
            Michele
            ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~
            To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world ~Dr Seuss

Comment

• Suzette
              Missouri Star
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by ktdid View Post
              I agree completely with you, I feel they have "Gotten to big for their britches" funny how wealth can override what is best for serving the customer. Arrogance in "How dare a customer complain, we are bigger with lots more money to throw around and don't you forget it!!
              This is completely uncalled for. What a gross over-exaggeration of how MSQC does business and how they regard their customers. What an awful thing to say about this company just because shipping can be slow now and then for some customers.
              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

• Glizell
                Honey Bun
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
                "

I have to agree. Service through the FedEx service is not the best. It's strange because last year when I was in Kansas I went to FedEx office and sent 3 huge boxes (averaging 50-75 each). Shipped them home. The packages arrived in 2 days. They did get hung up at customs and we had to go declare there,

I just received my 50th order (who knew) from MSQC since 2015. It took 23 days to Canada. Once it crossed the border, it took a little over one day to receive. And they no longer leave at the door, as you must sign for package.
                Have to agree with my fellow Canadians on this issue. Orders taking a month to arrive is not the end of the world but it is a marked difference from previous experience. And as there is no decent tracking anymore it’s impossible to say where the delays are occurring. I much preferred the Asendia/USPS/Canada Post delivery system.

Comment

• jjkaiser
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
                  This is completely uncalled for. What a gross over-exaggeration of how MSQC does business and how they regard their customers. What an awful thing to say about this company just because shipping can be slow now and then for some customers.
                  You said it best!! Completely uncalled for.
                  Jocelyn
                  South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
                    Missouri Star
                    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
                    The good news is that there are so few people here that are in such obvious need of "The Art of Constructive Criticism". Maybe someday she'll grow up and be a functional group dynamics adult . :-)
                    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• auntstuff
                      Missouri Star
                      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                      The good news is that there are so few people here that are in such obvious need of "The Art of Constructive Criticism". Maybe someday she'll grow up and be a functional group dynamics adult . :-)
                      Well bless your heart!
                      Still dead.
                      What's your hurry?

Comment

• KarenC
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2015

I placed an order on the 6/24 and picked it up with my mail today 6/28. Don't know if it really took the 4 days since I don't pick up my mail every day. I guess I could look at the emails I get from P.O, but honestly, it's just not that important to me. I have no complaints.
                        Karen
                        Spring, TX

Comment

• Kgrammiecaz
                          Missouri Star
                          • May 2013

I do mostly online ordering. I have no expectations of getting items in a rush. If I truly need something asap, I need to take myself out in the world and go to a store. I have been ordering from Missouri Star for several years and have zero complaints. For me their customer service is top notch. Jenny and family are truly down to earth folk. I am honored to have had the opportunity to meet Jenny and her husband Ron. It is a pleasure to know that this family does care about their customers.
                          Karen
                          Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

• ktdid
                            The Guild President
                            • Dec 2018

Don't hold your breath
                            Kate (Oklahoma)
                            There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

• auntstuff
                              Missouri Star
                              • Nov 2017

*****snort*****
                              Still dead.
                              What's your hurry?

Comment

• BillNye
                                Administrator
                                The Guild President
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Old Newbie View Post
                                Bill Nye, I did not say you are too big for your britches. What I am telling you is I have choices in my ability to buy fabric, thread, etc. I choose to buy some of what I use from you to support your store, because I like you and you give me quilting advice I like. But the shipping slowdown is causing me to rethink my commitment. Is this rational? Maybe, maybe not but it is happening. I know I can pay 2 extra dollars to have a choice, but I do not need to do that elsewhere. So, I guess that 2 dollars and the slow shipping is my line. I know you pack it fast, but I also know you choose a FedEXsmartshipping partnership, and they are slow. I am just one customer, but you are about to lose her for fabric , etc until shipping changes. I'll still stay for the machine quilting.
                                I gotchya. It really is hard as you grow with a company, 10 years ago, we could get a charm pack across the country for under $2 with first class mail, now it's closer to $4, as shipping fees have doubled, we've had to figure out how to manage the rise in shipping costs with improving service. It really is a balancing act. I can certainly appreciate that we don't deserve your business, we have to earn it. Keep talking to me as we go and let me know what would win that back. Right now there are three levels of shipping speed - the slow boat but cheap @ $5, 2 day @ $7 and overnight at $12, we're way cheaper on the expedited services than literally any competitor out there, the standard shipping could use a bit of fine tuning, we'll keep working on it.

Thanks for keeping the dialogue open with me, we're still building away over here

Comment

Working...
                                X