Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Question this keeps happening

this keeps happening and this is the message that appears instead of page loading in internet explorer
    are we all posting at same time?

Cannot securely connect to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: this keeps happening

Did your browser just update? I got the same when mine did. It was fixed shortly.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

3. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

no update,
    it took me some time to get the site to reload
    compatibility view does not resolve.
    all cookies deleted and performance checks completed, even scanned in case that was an issue.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

for the forum or the main site?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You mentioned "Internet Explorer." I highly recommend you switch to any other browser: Chrome, Firefox, or the new Microsoft Edge. They all work better than Internet Explorer.

I run a website using software that I can test on all the major browsers. I cannot get my website to look right on Internet Explorer; it's just so out of date that it doesn't render HTML code correctly. So in the footnote on every page of the website, I include the following disclaimer, "SITE DOES NOT WORK WELL ON INTERNET EXPLORER."

There's another important reason to abandon Internet Explorer: Microsoft isn't doing a lot of updating. That means that hackers have an easier time getting a foothold into your computer if you use Internet Explorer. This opens you up to nasty things like viruses, trojan horse, worms, etc.

Here's a cut and paste from Microsoft's website:
    Internet Explorer 11 is the last major version of Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer 11 will continue receiving security updates and technical support for the lifecycle of the version of Windows on which it is installed.

So you may be OK if you have Internet Explorer version 11 (this is different from "Windows" as in Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10). But if you can move to a more modern browser, you'll be better off. Those hackers never rest!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

7. Thanks SallyO'Sews, auntstuff, MSN, 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

for the forum or the main site?

was the forum
    the message was cut and pasted from the screen that came up.
    the IE is version 11.8 forget which windows but definitely not 7, that was easy to use.
    never stop learning.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've had problems with various browsers for ages. It's very annoying. I don't like using Google as a search engine but regardless of which browser I use eventually it appears. I think I find a browser I like and then I discover it doesn't work for my Amazon Prime movies, or Netflix or such. So I finally started using two different browsers one for regular websites and one to play videos. The latest thing is now more and more the browsers freeze or are slower than a snail in loading.

I was reading an article this morning and they mentioned a browser called Brave which they SAY loads faster than some of the more well known ones like Opera and Chrome. I decided to try it this morning and yes I've noticed a significant difference in loading time. I later tested it with my Amazon Prime movies and tada! It worked! I don't see any difference over my Opera or Chrome browsers. It does use Winevine (sp?) but it easily downloaded from a link in Brave and installed itself. This was a problem with Opera since it said to install winevine but the download link never installed properly (hence I downloaded Chrome for viewing the prime movies)

So hopefully this will continue to work after about a week of using it successfully and I'll dump the other two browsers that don't work nicely together. Also I can get rid of Google search with it and have installed the DuckDuckGo search engine with it which has much less tracking to it.

My next project is to find an email program that I actually like. I finally had ended up with Thunderbird but now even that has some annoying problems. Script freezes from my old Opera kept showing up and effecting my Thunderbird. Why? Who knows but I figure there must be an easier way where I don't keep waiting and waiting for these programs to do what they are suppose to do!

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

10. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carlie Wolf, I didn't know half the things you've mentioned here. You have given me much to research. Thank you!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

righto it seems the message has not reappeared any more,
    thank you all who have looked into this.

moving forward am stuck
    how do you switch on a different browser on a computer?
    do you have to check anything before switching on
    there are no browsers in the windows menu
    looked here to see the names of browsers https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...afari-vs-edge/
    love the name duck duck go
    sorry if asked in wrong area

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

They are software programs so you download them from their own websites. I'll just take a look at what they are now brb. :-)

Brave Browser: https://brave.com/
    DuckDuckGo Search Engine: https://duckduckgo.com/

I believe that when you go into the Brave Settings you have the option from there to choose DDG as your default search engine.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

14. Thanks 201 Treadler thanked for this post