Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well it's Wednesday!!

Where has the week gone?

We had a very humid day yesterday with some sporadic rain. I finished another project for the SS swap and started another. I am coming along nicely.

Yesterday afternoon I visited the post office where I will be working Friday. Everything went fine.

Hubby made it home unscathed. They had a great weekend.

So today is a very busy day, working at 2 places today.

Not much else to tell this fine morning.

Wishing everyone a great day. It is supposed to be very hot and humid today.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Well it's Wednesday!!

Hi Everyone....I have another busy day lined up. Lunch with a GF and food shopping.

It's hotter than hot here with very high humidity. Got my hair cut yesterday and it's way too short. I have five weeks for it to grow before the wedding.

Dottie was sick in the night again and I had to take her out twice. She is having a hard time with the weather and her illness. I have to pick up another batch of meds for her tomorrow or Friday.

I need to get Jeff off to work....will check in later. Have a great day everyone.

Hugs....

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Monique! Have a good day at you post offices!

The more I dig through my stash, the more ideas I get! Need to finish up some of the old ideas and get them quilted!

I am going to be able to display my quilts and other crafts in the gallery of the Lobby of our community theatre in Sept/Oct. last year I did this, without many ideas of how and what to display. The only thing I had in mind was how to hang them, I used the small clip on cafe rings on the gallery hooks. This year, I hope to have a more "curated" approach to types of projects to group together. One area will be devoted to star quilts, one to holiday quilts, one to old fashioned prairie style quilts and one to quilts inspired by books. The play" Bridges of Madison County" will be playing In the theatre during my gallery time and it just so happens that my son lives in Winterset, IA, and I bought digital printed panels of several of the bridges, so I am building a quilt using those panels as a focal point! That one should be fun! I have a couple of months ahead to get this all together!

Hope you all have a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the rain go to the south of us yesterday. No matter how much I beckoned it, it kept being blown the other way. We did have some nice periods under the clouds. I hope it rains today, but it certainly is clear out there right now.

I finished Nana and Nandy's quilt yesterday. I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

Today, is hopefully my last PT. I'm excited! I still have a few sessions left on the script if necessary.

Mike started looking for something new to make in the Instapot. I think I've found how to get him interested in cooking. Now, to get him to realize you don't have to follow the directions exactly, or you can make substitutions and it will be fine. Getting some of these ingredients is taking up a lot of space in my limited cabinets.

Well, time to get busy. I hope you all have a great day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

7. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ This is one pooped gal. I worked in the yard yest. weeding. I ended up doing more than I'd planned, but I accomplished a lot! It's impossible to get all the grass/weeds that grow up into the chain link fence with a weed whacker. I painstakingly dug around the bottom of the fence to get out the grass. It's hard on my hand. I put in 3 hrs. of work. I took one break. It looks so much better. I asked DS#2 if he wanted to earn some $ this week. He's going to come today & weed in the flower beds for me. If he doesn't get done today, he'll come again tomorrow. I'd rather pay him than a master gardener at the going rate, whatever that is now. One summer I paid someone $40./hr. to weed all the beds. That added up in a hurry!

The weather finally is hot. It got up to 96 deg. yest. & will be just as hot or hotter today. Expecting 90's for at least the next 5 days.

Obviously no sewing yest. I took it easy the rest of the day. Today I may try to plant my 3 pots of purple fountain grass.

DH is waiting for breakfast, so it's on with my day.

9. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good day,
    There's no question, it's summer - also known as humidity season. Take care Monique, the weather channel has issued a t-storm warning in your area. It will rain sometime today. Barb- I hope Dottie feels better. This weather makes a lot of people ill.

Yesterday I finished the bird song quilt top. It's a twin size. Before I quilt it, I will applique butterflies and seeds for birds, maybe trapunto the birds and some leaves. I think this might fit for mom's bed. I have to keep up in the sewing room, especially on wet days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	159709

We dropped by the see the kids last night. Baby Michael is changing quickly. He is now crawling fast, pulling himself up to the couch and taking steps. 2 weeks ago, he didn't do any of that. I've noticed that all the GKs are growing fast.

Time for 2nd cup of coffee and get this day started. Be safe, as I see Mother Nature is kicking up tornados and storms again.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

11. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    Good day,
    There's no question, it's summer - also known as humidity season. Take care Monique, the weather channel has issued a t-storm warning in your area. It will rain sometime today. Barb- I hope Dottie feels better. This weather makes a lot of people ill.

Yesterday I finished the bird song quilt top. It's a twin size. Before I quilt it, I will applique butterflies and seeds for birds, maybe trapunto the birds and some leaves. I think this might fit for mom's bed. I have to keep up in the sewing room, especially on wet days.

We dropped by the see the kids last night. Baby Michael is changing quickly. He is now crawling fast, pulling himself up to the couch and taking steps. 2 weeks ago, he didn't do any of that. I've noticed that all the GKs are growing fast.

Time for 2nd cup of coffee and get this day started. Be safe, as I see Mother Nature is kicking up tornados and storms again.
    Suzanne, I love your quilt! It is a work of art already! Then when you add those other bits, wowzer!

13. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne, you do such beautiful work. I love your quilt, the pattern and the colors.

I came home from the cabin last evening after spending 4 days there. My DD arrived Friday night, and we had a very nice weekend together. We went to a couple of antique/second hand stores, out to a couple of restaurants, and enjoyed a couple of movies in the cabin. The weather was excellent, and the mosquitoes seemed to be on vacation elsewhere. I treasure those mother/daughter times.
    After she left Sunday afternoon, all I did was read. I should have been working on a sewing project, but I got taken in by a good story, and that's what I did for the next day and a half. It rained most of Monday, so that kept me indoors.

It looks like we're in for some hot and humid weather here at home for the rest of the week. I should get in the garden this morning and have a little visit with all the weeds that have popped up while I was gone! Sneaky little guys.

I think I need more coffee to get my motor running. Blessings for everyone's day.

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
    Good day,

Suzanne...Your Bird Song is beautiful. I can't wait to see it completed. Great job and beautiful fabric!!

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sort of dreary here so far this morning, it sprinkled a bit but seems to have stopped.
    Today is linen changing/wash day and while I am at it I will put the newest quilt on the guest bed and change out the shams. Luckily I have some store bought ones to coordinate so I don't have to make them to go with this quilt. For some reason I don't enjoy making shams I guess if I knew I would need them I could do it at the same time I was making the quilt top and I would be fine with it. Right now I am making some to go with the carpenter's wheel quilt since it turned out big enough for our king bed I need shams to match. I have the wheels made and am now working on the borders, lots of hst. I hope to get them finished today.

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post