Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Well it's Wednesday!!

Good morning! We have been busy working on 4-H projects. The other day while they were working on their mini quilts, I could do some piecing but now they are at the point that doing something else while they are finishing up is not an option. The only thing left to finish for two of them is the binding which hopefully will be done today. The other child has to quilt and bind his but he has been working on piecing his big quilt. So hopefully today, he can get his mini quilt finished today.

Addition things today is little one's speech appointment and one has his last baseball game for this year. Because it is a home game, we can eat at church and the others can stay their for Wednesday night activities while I go watch his game.

Have a great day everyone

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

hi
    happy Wednesday we had thunder and lightning and 4am hail stones since last said hello here, it was amazing how much gravity force the rain drops had
    today is cloudy but dry.
    lovely quilt there Suzanne, your plan sounds wonderful.

the wild life area has been busy, a bush of no known name that springs to current mind, has flowered and now humming with bees,
    there is red clover flowering, the flower heads are quite big also visited by the bees,
    the grass is seeding, gently wafting in the breeze, the grass hoppers are making noise, they stop when get closer,
    a female brown bird and robin has become friendly will happily hop looking for food in the grass approx 4 feet away from humans.
    there is a huge spider in the empty of water bath, someone will need to encourage it into a glass jar and transport outside. where did it come from? is it asking for a small brush soap and towel for a shower? perhaps its called charlotte, although there are no pigs near.!! nore any webs.
    have a great day

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, CraftyJnet thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had a busy morning. Have been procrastinating on window washing for the last month so today I got it done. I retired in Jan and have become an expert in putting off household chores! We have 8 large picture windows. Washing them is not difficult the hard part is dragging the 6 ft step ladder around the house and fighting with all the evergreen bushes to get it open bc I am short and can't reach anything. They are all nice and shiny and clean now! I have learned I cannot wash windows with a squeegee without getting streaks, lord knows I have tried! So it's Windex and old tshirts for me.
    Anxiously waiting for UPS delivery supposed to be here tomorrow. Batting and backing for quilt top I just finished. I like heavy warm quilts and ordered 100% cotton chenille for the backing which might be a big mistake, not sure if it will be too thick to hand quilt. I ordered enough to make a sample first before I get in over my head so we will see how that goes.I know the quilting will not show on the back but I don't really care.
    Well more postponed chores are calling. Time to take every last thing off my kitchen counters and polish the granite, something I haven't done since Christmas. Too bad my house is not for sale, it will be show house ready by the end of the day LOL.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems that the end of the school year brings me to the hospital once again. I would really appreciate it if my parents would knock that off!
    This time Mom has ended up in the rehab center. It looks like she will be in there a few weeks while she regains her balance and strength.
    Thanks for the reminder that I have more weeding to do and my windows need washing too. Ugh. For my windows, I use a boat brush and my dairy equipment detergent.
    On the weeding front, I did get the 40' of raspberries done. (I also cheated and put down Casoron afterwards, so I don't have to do it again this season.) I also weedwhacked the lower drive and behind part of the barn. I hit the blackberry thicket and knocked off or the day.
    I also jacked up my knee, so that is slowing stuff down a bit.
    I'm hoping to get back into my sewing room tonight to finish off a few of my Secret Santa projects. I want to get some of those knocked out while I can.
    We are expecting showers this afternoon with possible thunderstorms. We can certainly use the rain!
    Have a great day everybody!
    Last edited by toggpine; June 26th, 2019 at 05:15 PM. Reason: I forgot to close my parentheses.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Woot Woot! I'm PT free!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou