Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Thursday today

We have sunshine to start our day today. We had rain yesterday and it rained so very hard in the afternoon. A customer came in to report a tree had fallen across the road. Called 911 to report it. It was a fairly quiet day at both post offices.

Tomorrow there is a celebration for my youngest son. He is being promoted. Sadly I am unable to attend but have arranged to meet my oldest at his job this afternoon and Les will spend the night with him and they will head out in the morning. I will head to the city after work to pick him up. Makes me sad to miss it but what can I do.

So today is my free day. Laundry needs to get done and Les will cut the grass. So that is what my day is shaping up to be.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Thursday today

Not having a good month. First, the TV I just had repaired a few months ago quit again. Yesterday my sewing machine quit in the middle of making buttonholes, this morning my coffeepot died. Pretty expensive month.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntstuff View Post
    Not having a good month. First, the TV I just had repaired a few months ago quit again. Yesterday my sewing machine quit in the middle of making buttonholes, this morning my coffeepot died. Pretty expensive month.
    They say things happen in threes...hopefully you are out of that cycle now and things will get better.

6. Thanks auntstuff, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully, this will be the end of these issues for you since that is 3

8. Thanks auntstuff, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I heard that it is National Sunglasses Day. We will def need them here. We are 2 days into our first heatwave. I was hoping to stay in and sew. However a part on my computer stopped working, so I have an appt at the Genius Bar at a nearby Apple Store. I hope that it is an easy fix. My DS was offered the internship in NYC. Now he has to find an apartment sublet ( that we approve of). I will miss his cooking. He is a much better cook.

Have a good day and stay cool.
    Beth

10. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ DS#2 came yest. & worked 4 hrs. in the yard for me. He got the flower bed by the front porch edged & weeded and 1 in the back partially done. We tried to work in the shade since it was a hot day. The temp. got up to 96! I took my time & pulled grass & clover out of the rock bed along the front of the house. That clover is tenacious! It's impossible to get the roots out. Anyway, things are looking better. He's coming back today to work.

Recently I've seen a baby rabbit a few times in the front yard. It's been hiding in a small area under the front porch, which is cement. The baby ventured out while we were working close by & nibbled on the clover. I was able to get a picture of it. I know they're a nuisance, but they're all over town. It's impossible to get rid of them. My next door neighbor said the rabbits ate his tomato plants, the entire stalk & all.

Well, I need to get on with my day.

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone,

I haven't been keeping the grandkids this summer much. Rather sad that they are growing up and have things to do with their friends. I miss them.

I took out the trash the other night and something stung me on the tip end of my finger. I thought I was going to pass out. How could something so small swell up and hurt so bad. I never did figure out what it was.

I have the biggest mess with a quilt. I never realized until I rolled it up that the stitches on the back could just be pulled out. GRR Thankfully I hadn't quilted but about a third of the way down and its coming out fairly easily.

I am going to a sell at a fabric shop today and need to get dressed.

Have a wonderful day!
    Teresa

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMP View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,

I haven't been keeping the grandkids this summer much. Rather sad that they are growing up and have things to do with their friends. I miss them.

I took out the trash the other night and something stung me on the tip end of my finger. I thought I was going to pass out. How could something so small swell up and hurt so bad. I never did figure out what it was.

I have the biggest mess with a quilt. I never realized until I rolled it up that the stitches on the back could just be pulled out. GRR Thankfully I hadn't quilted but about a third of the way down and its coming out fairly easily.

I am going to a sell at a fabric shop today and need to get dressed.

Have a wonderful day!
    Teresa
    I haven't seen my grands as much this summer either. I've always said, Grammy (Morgan's mom) has first dibs in the summer and on weekends since she's still in the work force and it's the only time she's really got to be with them. The ladies at church were amazed that I would step aside and not worry about being around the kids as much. I certainly do get more done around the house in the summer when they're not here!

It's scary about your sting! I wonder if you're allergic to what stung you with it swelling the way it did.

Take care and enjoy your shopping trip. Pet the fabrics for me!
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou

18. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I started this morning with a cup of coffee and the Bible study. I'm catching up again!

I'm PT free! Yippee! I don't think she was ready to let me go, but she hasn't added any new exercises in a couple of weeks so I'll continue on my own. I have everything sitting beside my chair so it's convenient to do while watching TV.

I've started thinking about my next finish, my hexie quilt. I'm almost scared to pull it out to work on. I have the eyelet to add to it and I need to cut the binding and get that ready. I've got to get myself psyched up for this one. It's going to be different process than just binding it.

I have a couple of phone calls to make. The window company called. I'm sure it's about the BBB review I wrote. I'll call them back today. My attempt to call the bus company ended up with me on hold for over 20 minutes so I hung up. I need to make that call again. Third call will be with Jim, to see if Morgan's going to the shower Sat.

Time to get started. Chores need to be done, garbage gathered and put out tonight, just the normal everyday stuff going on around here today.
    Katrina

― Maya Angelou

20. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post