Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quilting book trade

My MIL has over 500 quilting books. She is slowly slipping them to me when I visit.

I will admit they are very nice books but I don't know if I will want all of them. I have been keeping my favorites but there is a growing pile of ones I am less likely to keep. Is there any place on the forums here that is sale/trade and are people generally interested in books? I would be fine giving them away for the price of media postage but I don't want to go to the trouble of photographing them if there isn't any interest. I would say right now I have about 20 books I am willing to part with.

The other option for me is to put them in my used bookstore pile and trade them there. I just don't feel like there is a large group of quilters who use that store.

If this is a no go here no worries! I just figured I would ask here and at my other online quilting group if people are interested.
    I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort, where we overlap. ~ Ani DiFranco

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quilting book trade

You can post pictures and info in the Group section in the I Don’t Won’t You Can Have It Category. There is no selling allowed but you can trade, giveaway or give them for the cost of shipping.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow 500 books that is a ton!! There is a group here you can join and post your titles so no need to take photos. Anybody interested can look them up elsewhere on the web. The group is called I Don't Want It You Can Have It. Be sure and state you want to be reimbursed for the postage. While most people would naturally expect to reimburse you, I did have an issue once which would have involved shipping to another country (would have been $75) and she did not want to reimburse me or split the cost so I did not send it.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

OOH! Thanks BOTH of you! wonderful. I am off to join that group!
    I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort, where we overlap. ~ Ani DiFranco

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Local libraries have quilt books. I love looking at them there. Many of them aren't new. They also have a place to sell books that would benefit the library in purchasing new books.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love looking at quilt books. I Find it more relaxing than browsing the net. Too bad I didnt live closer, as I know the cost of shipping out of country is sometimes prohibitive. T

I'm certain you will be able to slowly give, donate through posts.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

If you belong to a quilt guild, put them on the free table at meetings. There's always a pile of unwanted books and magazines (sewing or quilting related) at each of our meetings. Great way to dispose of stuff that others may want or need, or find something you can use for that matter.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

don't tempt me. I will be in Ontario for 2 weeks in December and would be willing to bring some for the Canada Post. LOL! I have to get my act together and post them on the trade group. But once I do.. if you want any, let me know!