• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

It's Tuesday.

Good morning friends. Well we have rain today and I think the grass and the flowers have been thirsty. We did have the most beautiful weekend.

I spent most of the day in the sewing room. It was a very quiet day. Hubby will be home sometime this morning I think. This afternoon I am headed to a new post office to get the laydown of the office before I head there on Friday. Tomorrow is a busy work day, 2 offices in one day. Thursday will be a me day but I think we are headed to the racetrack in the evening. Then it is 2 days of work before Canada Day.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • shermur
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

Re: It's Tuesday.

Morning.....

Well, the left knee gave out yesterday regarding the work accident last Wednesday. I had hopes it was getting better, but...NO! I spent a couple of hours in the ER yesterday. After Xrays, the doctor diagnosed my injury as spranged knee with a hamstring tear. I am wearing an immobilizing brace. The pain is much worse when the knee is bent; so, I have to keep it straight for the healing possess it occur. It ought be an adventure trying to work the rest of this week? I am off today, but I will try to go in Wednesday and Thursday. I have Friday off. I also have 2 job interviews today....how will that look with a knee brace on? YIKES!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• shermur
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2013

Morning.....

Well, the left knee gave out yesterday regarding the work accident last Wednesday. I had hopes it was getting better, but...NO! I spent a couple of hours in the ER yesterday. After Xrays, the doctor diagnosed my injury as spranged knee with a hamstring tear. I am wearing an immobilizing brace. The pain is much worse when the knee is bent; so, I have to keep it straight for the healing possess to occur. It ought be an adventure trying to work the rest of this week? I am off today, but I will try to go in Wednesday and Thursday. I have Friday off. I also have 2 job interviews today....how will that look with a knee brace on? YIKES!
      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Bubby
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Good Morning...Sherri, sorry to hear about your knee. I hope you heal quickly.

I have a hectic day that begins with a haircut at 8:30. Glad I checked my email because I thought I was scheduled for 9. I also have to cook and package dog food today.

Will check in later...wishing everyone a wonderful day.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Another beautiful day ahead. Yest. it was sunny and 90 deg.

Yest. a.m. I spent in the kitchen mixing up my turkey patties. The 3# of meat usually makes 20-21 patties. In the afternoon, I cleaned the Tiara, inserted a new needle, waxed the table surface, did some practicing, then started the FMQ on the latest quilt.
          Not sure what I'll do today. I need to do some weeding.

DS#2 discovered the Walmart warehouse job he'd been considering still is open, so he's going to take it. Supposedly he'll start July 2. Here's hoping things work out for him. It's been a frustrating time for him.

Sherri, so sorry about your knee. I hope you did file an incident report & will get workmen's comp. for this injury.

Comment

• KPH
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

Sherri, take care of yourself! Listen to the drs and do what they say. I do hope your job interviews go well today and you find something that will let your talents shine!

**interesting, I had just about a whole sentence typed in and it disappeared** I wonder what I hit!

Anyway, Monique, you're a valuable commodity! Two post offices in one day.

Barb, I have to call and get an appointment to get my hair done. I really like the way the lady fixed my hair when I couldn't handle a dryer and brush. I think I'll bite the bullet and go back to her regularly.

It's already in the 80's. Yesterday, it registered 102 here at the house. It was oppressive with the humidity. I was glad to get the errands done and back inside the house. I made the binding for Nana and Nandy's quilt. The plan is to take my time and get it bound today and tomorrow (by machine!)

I let Mike's wife know that the quilt is on the way. She's so excited. He's had a really hard time since his treatments last week. It's going to get there when he needs the support. I'm so glad I was able to get it done for him!

Very little on the agenda today, I need to go to the grocery store and restock. A couple of phone calls to make to make a hair appt, and and appt with the city bus to get the handicap bus set up. I need to start my Bible study homework for this week. I think I'll practice LMA's iris again, today. That was fun yesterday. Notice, I didn't put any cleaning in on that list, I should start with that!

Have a wonderful day!
            Katrina
            From NC, retired in FL
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Good morning all! Sorry to hear about your knee injury, Sherry! Good luck on the job search!

I loved being on vacation, but was anxious to get back to my sewing room. I found some black and white HST blocks that I made in 2015 for an activity for the forum retreat. They've been stashed since then. I love playing with HSTs, so I arranged them in an interesting pattern and decided to sew them together to make yet another unfinished top! I need to add a few borders and quilt it up. It will be an interesting modern looking quilt. I also put my t shirt blocks together and got the border on it. Then, I started another one based on JennyS Night Sky tutorial. Squaring up 160 HSTs now, then I get to play with arranging them! Fun!

My mail carrier is such a gem. The post office was holding my mail while I was gone. My mail carrier thought I was going to pick up the pack, but being the thoughtful caring person he is, he brought it to me on his way home after work. Very unexpected and quite appreciated!

Hope you all have a great day!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

Good morning,

It poured all night and will rain all day. That's a good thing as I have been watering plants with rain barrel water, and it was empty yesterday. We went to a nursery yesterday. I wanted to get 3 Royal barberry bushes, but I found out they would fade if not in the sun. These we're going in the front of house but is on north side & shady. So we got 3 dwarf hydrangea which love shade. similar to the ones we had before. I will probably plant them tomorrow.

Other than chores around the house, laundry and picking up, that was my boring day. Today our cleaning lady comes, but I did vaccum - need to do frequently with 2 cats. I need to get back to my sewing room and get things done.

Sherri - do take care with knee & leg damage. I've learned it can come leave lingering troubles. I hope you filed a claim. Good luck on your interviews.
                Joy - happy to hear that your son will have employment. It's ill be easier to find another job when he is employed.
                Monique - it sounds like you might get called for summer holiday replacements. Enjoy!

Have a wonderful day.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• baslp
                  The Guild President
                  • Sep 2012

Good morning. I worked out today since I missed Monday’s due to a headache. I have a few errands to run today, buy plan to stay home during the heat of the day. I have 3 blocks completed — only 13 more to go.

Sherri— good luck on your job interviews and hope you knee feels better.

Have a great day.
                  Beth

Comment

• chelea
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2012

Suzanne, barberry isn't available for sale in my state because it's on the invasive species list. It's a beautiful shrub. I had 2 that I removed though because they were out of control and difficult to prune without my arms being shredded to bits.
                    Michele
                    ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~
                    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world ~Dr Seuss

Comment

• HandsomeRyan
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2013

Sorry to hear about the knee, Sherri. You can still be on my team for the 3-legged race at the MSQC Forum Picnic though.
                      Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                        Missouri Star
                        • Mar 2012

These daily posts are great! I work full time for a great company. I get up cook lunch for the family. Make sure the man has his coffee, he works from home selling insurance. I came home today and worked on some applique. I felt accomplished. I hope everyone's health improves ..I have siatica and I live everyday to cope as it flares.

Comment

Working...
                        X