• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

It's Monday

Good morning friends. It looks like it is going to be another beautiful day today. We have had such a beautiful weekend so far. The nights are still pretty cool though and that is okay. Today is a holiday in Quebec, St. Jean Baptiste Day. Everything is closed today.

Well I think I have my mojo back. I have been working on SS stuff this weekend. Making progress. Yesterday I got to deliver the baby quilt for my great niece. While I didn't get to hold her, she is pretty sweet and so tiny. She now weighs 6lbs 9oz. While I was in the area I also delivered the other baby quilt at my brother's place. He wasn't home so I didn't get to visit with him. Lynda came in later in the evening for her visit. I am excited for our road trip next week.

Les had been away so I made a pot of soup on Friday. Well it is so good that is ALL I have been eating, breakfast, lunch and dinner BUT I am getting tired of eating soup. I think there is one bowl left, LOL!!

I have a busy work week, I have to visit one tomorrow and get the workings as I work there on Friday and I have never been there. Wednesday I work at two post offices. I believe we are headed to the racetrack on Thursday evening with friends. I work Friday and Saturday.

On Saturday here in town there is a celebration of the little corner store being in business for 100 years and yes in the same family. And then comes Canada Day on July 1st. It is getting to be a very busy time of work for me this month and next.

And so today I will be up in the sewing room, creating things.

Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: It's Monday

Good Morning Monique and all who follow,

I've been up, getting things ready for the day. I don't know why it had to be before 5 AM though.

I finished up Mike's quilt yesterday. It will go in the mail today. I told my MIL about it yesterday. so I'm sure his mom knows about it by now. It will be a surprise for him, though. I hope! I'll message Diane. his wife, with the tracking # today.

I have PT today and Wed. I'm not planning to continue beyond that. I have my 'tools' that I can continue using every day to build the strength back up in my wrist. I think using it is going to be the best therapy in the long run.

Time to get busy! I'm planning on working on Nana and Nandy's quilt this week. All that's left is trimming and binding.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I was wakened again this a.m. at 4:40 with the skunk odor. Yuck! It looks to be a sunny day. Yest. we had no rain, for a change. It's supposed to get hot this week.

Yest. afternoon I got the latest quilt sandwiched, pin basted, the edges machine basted. It's ready for quilting. It looks like I have to re-do one edge of my sample sandwich where the backing is puckered. I'm going to be brave & use a medium brown thread on this one, which definitely will show up on the front, but blend on the backing, which is brown. I almost always use the same color thread both on top & in the bottom.

We have a new baby rabbit in the yard. I've seen it 2 dif. days. So tiny, so cute! We have a patch of clover in our front yard; the rabbits like to graze there. Sometimes in the evening at dusk there may be 3 rabbits out there.

Today will be the usual Mon. laundry. This a.m. I'll be mixing up my turkey patties.

Please keep praying for a job for DS#2. The mach. shop job fell through. I feel bad for him. We had a good chat last eve. He's continuing to put in his application at many places.

Comment

• Bubby
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Hi Everyone....We had an exhausting weekend. Saturday we worked at the apartments and Maggie shot out the door as someone was going out and I chased her over half of Cuba in the pouring rain. She thought it was a fun game of chase but I was terrified she would get hit by a car. She crossed the busy highway and several residential streets, ran through gardens and yards, chased birds and other dogs and in general nearly caused me to have a heart attack. She swam across deep standing water behind the Industrial Park and I went right it after her. I finally tackled her and grabbed her tail. Jeff can't run but a woman who was looking at the apartments helped me but she could only walk. It was nice of her to try. The thought of having to come home and leave Maggie running wild in Cuba makes me sick...thank the Lord she came home with us. Jeff said I chased her for over an hour but the Mom in me wouldn't let me give up.

Today I am working on gifts for the Mothers of the Bride and Groom. The couples shower was Saturday and they got loads of beautiful gifts. The really liked the Bride's quilt. They will be gifted their wedding quilt on their wedding day if I am able to go. Here they are opening the Bride's quilt..
        BridesQuilt.jpg My daughter sent me a video of Kaytie opening it and she said she loves it.

It rained and stormed here all weekend but it is supposed to be pretty today. The Girls are still sleeping and I want to change our bed.

I hope everyone has a great Monday.....Hugs....
        Last edited by Bubby; June 24, 2019, 06:36 AM.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Good morning! I am still on Dublin time after returning late Saturday night. They are 5 hours ahead of the US, so 2 am my eyes popped open not to close again! So, I went to work on a t shirt quilt I am making for myself from my travel T shirts! It was hard to cut the Ireland one I just bought last week, but it was a 10 € shirt, so it is Ok. Got it all pieced and waiting for some border fabric. Thought I would use my Tim Holtz map fabric, but I don't have enough, so I need to look around for some more.
          image.jpg
          Used black jelly roll strips and a little sample Kona solids mini charm pack for my sashing! Love digging into stash for finishing!

I plan to work on many quilt tops that have been languishing around here, while trying to ward off new ideas for quilts that could be created! Too many ideas, not enough time! Meanwhile, I keep digging in my stash only to find more blocks waiting to be put together into quilt tops!

Looks like we will get more rain today, we do not NEED MORE RAIN here in the Midwest! Hope you have a good day!
          Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; June 24, 2019, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2015

Good morning everyone,

I love the sun and warmth. You can see the mood lifting in people and me too. It was such a long winter and wet spring, this is welcome. I spread more bags of mulch and soil yesterday, watered the newly planted shrubs and plants with rain barrel water. I tackled more weeds in the flower beds, that grew with all the rain of past few weeks. I brought mom out and we sat in the yard overlooking the river, watching the boats go by. The water is stil high from the floods this spring.

Today is laundry day and chill at home doing chores. I need to straighten up the sewing room and get cracking on projects.

Monique - enjoy today's celebrations. Even though I lived in Ontario, we always celebrated St-Jean Baptiste. I remember we wore navy skirts, white blouses and a red/white/blue sashing. There were parades, street dances and fireworks. My kids have not experienced this.
            Joy - so sorry to hear your son's prospect fell through. Hopefully something will come along soon.
            Barb - oh my. You are one determined mother. This reminds me of myPomeranian, Tippy, I had as a kid. She would escape and cross the street into the school yard. All the kids would run to catch her. Kept me in shape. I cannot imagine doing this now.
            Jean - I hope you get a reprieve from the rain. What a switch from last year. When I was there in July, there was a drought.

I need another coffee and its get the day started.
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• baslp
              The Guild President
              • Sep 2012

Good morning . We are getting ready for our first heat wave. I woke up with a migraine, so I took my medicine and went back to bed. I started sewing the blocks of my new quilt. It is in an old Quilt Trends mag. I think there are some errors in the pattern . I hope it turns out. I have 2 appts today. I hope to make a few more blocks this afternoon.

Have a great day.
              Beth

Comment

• pcbatiks
                Missouri Star
                • Mar 2012

OMG.....Barb, just reading about chasing Maggie made me anxious. They don't realize how bad they scare us when they take off running like that. So happy you were able to catch her.

We had a nice weekend and celebrated our 35th anniversary.

Hope you all have a great & productive week.
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Bubby
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
                  OMG.....Barb, just reading about chasing Maggie made me anxious. They don't realize how bad they scare us when they take off running like that. So happy you were able to catch her.

We had a nice weekend and celebrated our 35th anniversary.

Hope you all have a great & productive week.
                  Happy Belated Anniversary, Pam and Gordon!HA2.jpg
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• MSN
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2017

Oh, Barb, Maggie gave you quite the workout -- and in the pouring rain, too! Years ago, my neighbors had a Scottie. He escaped one day and thought it was great fun to be chased all around the neighborhood by his owners. I saw what was happening and called, "Here, Prince!" The dog came bounding up to me, wagging his tail and happy to get petted. I scooped him up, carried him across the street, and returned him home. I think he would have continued the "catch me if you can" game all day with his owners.

Comment

• Mia171
                      Fabric Fanatic
                      • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                      Good morning friends. It looks like it is going to be another beautiful day today. We have had such a beautiful weekend so far. The nights are still pretty cool though and that is okay. Today is a holiday in Quebec, St. Jean Baptiste Day. Everything is closed today.

Well I think I have my mojo back. I have been working on SS stuff this weekend. Making progress. Yesterday I got to deliver the baby quilt for my great niece. While I didn't get to hold her, she is pretty sweet and so tiny. She now weighs 6lbs 9oz. While I was in the area I also delivered the other baby quilt at my brother's place. He wasn't home so I didn't get to visit with him. Lynda came in later in the evening for her visit. I am excited for our road trip next week.

Les had been away so I made a pot of soup on Friday. Well it is so good that is ALL I have been eating, breakfast, lunch and dinner BUT I am getting tired of eating soup. I think there is one bowl left, LOL!!

I have a busy work week, I have to visit one tomorrow and get the workings as I work there on Friday and I have never been there. Wednesday I work at two post offices. I believe we are headed to the racetrack on Thursday evening with friends. I work Friday and Saturday.

On Saturday here in town there is a celebration of the little corner store being in business for 100 years and yes in the same family. And then comes Canada Day on July 1st. It is getting to be a very busy time of work for me this month and next.

And so today I will be up in the sewing room, creating things.

Have a wonderful day friends.
                      Hi, everyone!
                      It's already Tuesday and I've been keeping on sewing too! My close friend is a mother now of a wonderful baby girl, so I'm preparing a sewing gift for them!
                      I'd love to watch your work!
                      All the best to everybody!!)

Comment

Working...
                      X