Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ What a soggy start to our day. It's pouring rain. Only 51 deg. The furnace ran to take the chill off the house. I was wakened just after drifting off to sleep last night with the sound of heavy rain & hail. I got up to look outside. Fortunately it was just that small graupel & didn't last long, so no damage to the flowers.

I made it to the sewing room yest. afternoon & eve. I clipped the threads off the back of the Buckeye Beauty quilt top, got it starched & pressed. Since this is a larger lap size, I had to piece the backing. Got that done, starched & pressed. It's ready to be sandwiched, basted, & quilted.

DS#1 called while driving home from work yest. He was headed to Annapolis to meet his wife so they could go out to supper together. It was their 29th anniversary. I don't where the years have gone.

Time to get on with my day. I hope everyone has a good week end.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Good morning.
    I don't know for sure what is on tap for today, I cleaned my sit down quilter yesterday so it is ready to go but I haven't decided what pattern/design to use on my next sandwich. In the mean time I am cutting out and making lemoyne stars for an upcoming top. I am using the rapid fire template but there is lots of sewing then cutting then sewing then more cutting, a bit tedious but I want to get the stars made then put the project away to work on during a retreat in August. I find that I like to just piece and maybe sew rows into tops during retreats since it is hard to load my whole sewing room to take with me.
    I also have binding sewn to a scalloped edge quilt that needs trimming then sewing onto the back. I did one corner yesterday and it looks like it will work well with the single fold bias binding I made.
    Have a lovely weekend everyone.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I stayed busy yesterday working on Mike's quilt and making up time with the Bible study homework. For dinner we had Instapot chicken teriyaki. It was delicious. DS is enjoying using it, finding recipes, and trying it out.

I'll work on Mike's quilt and finish up the homework today. Hopefully, there won't be any trips out in the heat of the day, today. It really took it out of me yesterday.

The doves and finches are enjoying the bird feeder this morning. The grass needs cutting! The rain has turned the yard green, even if it is mostly weeds.

Have a great day! I think I'll finish my coffee and get started.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. We are suppose to have a great weekend — sun and 80 degrees. I would like to drive up to nearest fabric store to get some fabric for a baby quilt I want to make for my niece. I ordered some from Etsy. However I either ordered the wrong fabrics ,or I received someone else’s order. We have a party to go to this evening for the residents who have finished their 8 year neurosurgery program.
    Have a good day.
    Beth

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. The sun finally came out yesterday afternoon! Woohoo! We are supposed to have a njce, sunny few days and hubby and I are going to take advantage of it. Today we are headed out to a craft fair that a friend is vending at then this afternoon I will get the plants we picked up on Monday into their proper places. Tomorrow we will be checking out a new craft marketplace that is opening tomorrow and then in the afternoon we will head over to Kathryn and Joe's for a bbq with them, Vicky, Kenny and the kids and Joe's parents. Should be a fun time. We are hoping to go to the beach on Monday.

Yesterday we had the oil company come over to deal with the squeaking boiler. It's only a few months old so we knew it was a defective part of some kind. Sure enough, it now has a new motor and fan. No more squeaking. I also got to spend time in my sewing room. So it was a good day.

Time to head out. Have a wonderful Saturday.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

A nice sunny day, opened the windows and have a nice breeze coming through the house. Had my coffee out on the deck early this morning and fed my resident bluejays. They hop right on the table while I sit there and take the peanuts, they have gotten quite friendly.

Last night we went to our favorite fish place and had a great dinner. I don't care for cooking fish in the house and the smell so I really enjoyed my flounder, shrimp, and scallops meal.

Today is our grandson's birthday, the youngest of our three turns 20 today. Where does that time go, seems just like yesterday he was toddling around.

Did a bit of sewing yesterday and made a couple of more of the square in a square paper pieced blocks trying to use up a lot of my reproduction fabrics.

Well I best get started on my day. Want to pick some more veggies from the garden and put some more peas up for the freezer for the chicken pot pies this winter.

Wishing everyone a good weekend!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Today is a beautiful day -- temps will be in the mid-70's, with lots of...what is that stuff called?...sunshine! We had good weather yesterday and I think tomorrow is supposed to be clear, too. Earlier in the week we were getting flood warnings, the nice weather is a relief!

Today is my eldest sister's 65th birthday. I will be going over to the house later for supper. I baked her a key lime cake this morning and will decorate it this afternoon. It will be one layer, with a beach theme. I made the candy to decorate it last night. I still need to fold the paper umbrella.

I haven't caught the mouse I saw in the basement earlier this week. I am going to call an exterminator, I'm sure they will put traps in places I can't reach or wouldn't think to put them. I will have to ask my sister to house-sit for me.

I have some time while the cake cools, so I think I will spend some time in the sewing room. I have to get the boss' pillow finished before Friday. The clock is ticking!

Have a great day!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post