• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threadbndr
    Batting Beauty
    • Jan 2017

WiP June 21 - 27, 2019

Back to a normal schedule for a few days, but I have a business trip next week. Suzanne, can you kick off the thread next Friday, please?

Went the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival last week and it was impressive! So many pretty quilts and the vendor booths were so much eye candy! Next time (in two years), I'll try to get into some of the classes. The demos were fantastic and classes must be even better. And there was so much to see and do. This was my first time at a 'big' show, and I was somewhat overwhelmed LOL.

On my own quilting, I have finished two more of the hand appliqued blocks for "Aunt Lottie's Garden". I'm now working on Block 23 of 30 for the center of the quilt. This weekend's project is to get the guild bank deposit done and to machine quilt and bind a small wall quilt for our challenge exhibit. Deadlines are motivating LOL.

Are you motivated this week?
  • Claire Hallman
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: WiP June 21 - 27, 2019

Yes, quite motivated. I went to classes [2 hours+ away] on my juki 2200 yesterday and the day before, I need to do some more cleaning, less oiling and slow down a lot in order to do ruler work. All things I needed to know and didn't. Today will be maintenance and practice.
    I have a new quilt in the dryer and one that is totally quilted and waiting for trimming and binding. It will have a scalloped edge with bias binding. I think I will glue the binding, one side, and then sew that, trim then wrap and sew the other side probably be hand. I usually mavhine sew bindings but this one deserves the hand work.
    Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• shermur
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2013

I started the Moda Bake Shop Quilt Along this week....At the Seashore! Here are the first two blocks of the quilt along!

MBS At the Seashore Blocks 1-2 06.2019 (800x459).jpg
      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• DeniseSm
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2013

Decided on my next quilt top, Peace Seeker by Lizard Creek Quilting. Step 1 Make 200 2 1/2 HST. Making that step one seems kind of mean. I almost put the pattern back on the shelf to do Jinnys Diamond Pavers pattern instead, but I still haven't been able to find the box I packed my white and black sashing material in. I refuse to buy more when I know they are in one of the unpacked boxes.

Finished the 200th HST just last night. Boring!
        100_5044.JPG

It should get more interesting now.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

Threadbndr - no problem, I can kick off next Friday. I have no plans. It's nice to see a large quilt show. You mentioned it would be in Wichita in a few years, maybe DH and I can schedule a trip to visit family, and the show at same time.

I finished assembling the wall size bird song, but now I need to make it wider and longer. It's been taking me longer than I originally thought. Oh well, sometimes this happens. I've got many small projects that I need to start and finish soon.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• MaryUK
            Missouri Star
            • Feb 2016

I've been on a roll and quilted/bound 2 UFO's. I've also cut out the pieces for a quarter log cabin which will be a Linus quilt. I've still got to catch up on some BOM projects and I have several (ok a lot) of applique patterns to try.

During the evenings I've been cross stitching Christmas ornaments, 2 done so far, I'll make them up later in the year. I'm so enjoying myself.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Comment

• shermur
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2013

Block number 3 called Summer Romance of the Moda Bakers Shop Quilt Along summer 2019!

MBS Block 3 Summer Romance 06.24.19 (800x725).jpg

All three blocks...so far!

MBS Blocks 1,2,3 At the Seashore 06.2019 (800x753).jpg
              Sherri

Comment

• threadbndr
                Batting Beauty
                • Jan 2017

Thanks, Suzanne!

I'll try to remember to flag you with the information on the Wichita KS show when it comes out. And if you are ever in the Topeka or Lawrence area, we have a number of guilds around here that you would be welcome to visit.

Comment

• DeniseSm
                  Missouri Star
                  • Nov 2013

I have used up the first 100 of the 200 2.5" HST on the bottom border. I will use up the second 100 to make an exact duplicate that will be the top border.

100_5047.JPG

I am not ashamed to admit that I used my Elmers washable school glue to align those bias edges and keep them from stretching as I sewed them together. I eased in, I stretched out, but by gosh I got those points to match up!
                  Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2015

Wow Denise, that is stunning. No shame using glue, a lgirl has to do what a girl has to do.

I always sew when the cleaning lady is here. I cleaned up my sewing / cutting tables? Folded fabrics I recently bought. I seem to get a lot done. I finished the last column and added 2 borders to the bird song pattern. The top is done, but I will add applique butterflies here and there before I quilt it. I think I will give this to my mom for her birthday in September. It's about a twin size.

image.jpg

Now to work on another WIP or UFO.

Comment

• shermur
                      Missouri Star
                      • Mar 2013

Moda Bake Shop Quilt Along - Block 4, Sailing

MBS Block 4 Sailing 06.2019 (730x800).jpg

MBS Blocks 1,2,3,4 06.2019 (674x800).jpg
                      Sherri

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                        Missouri Star
                        • Aug 2015

[QUOTE=shermur;1065635]Moda Bake Shop Quilt Along - Block 4, Sailing

I love them.

Comment

Working...
                        X