Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning Friday

Well, I survived the CT scan oral contrast with only a few welts, a numb back of the mouth and a massive headache! Better reactions than I had when they gave me IV contrast but still not good. So drank lots of water to help flush it all out.

Haven't heard how my DD did with her MRI but that's usually good news. Hopefully the chiropractor guy who found the problem can fix it.

DH's ankle is back to normal. I told him that whatever he's doing in bed to hurt it, he'd better knock it off. And don't EVEN try blaming it on me cuz I was sleeping

Here's my latest couple of finishes. Why won't this site let me upload pictures anymore? I checked the size and that's okay but this is the third time it's given me little red ! marks. Anyone have a clue? I will go fuss with it some more and try to load them later.

Have a good start to your morning.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

2. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good morning Friday

Good morning. Well my appointment went well. I will be scheduled for an MRI and I will also be taking some physio which will start in a couple of weeks. Let's see if that helps. He thinks that something is pushing on a nerve. He also thinks it will go away on its own. I certainly hope so. My blood work came back, thyroid is perfect now that he upped my medication.

I couldn't get motivated in the sewing room yesterday so nothing got done. Maybe this afternoon. I am working until 1pm today.

Have a great day everyone and weekend too.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

4. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone....Another busy day. We are expecting storms with heavy rain so I need to watch the radar report and run errands between downpours. This weather is beginning to get to me.

Monique, so glad you got a good report on our labs. Now to get your arm straightened out.

We found out yesterday that my MIL Jean has cancer in her lymph nodes. She has an appointment with the oncologist next week. She says she refuses to take IV chemo and she will request pills. She's 82 and probably doesn't want to go through all of that. She lives in Indiana and has two adult grands there, but they are little help to her. Her daughter lives in Florida but works in Indiana and can help out some if needed.

I need to get moving...will check in later.

Have a great Friday everyone.

6. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Laura ~ You'll have to find a way to downsize your pics in order to post here or create any new albums. That's what happened to me way last fall. I kept getting the red ! I recently went to our senior center computer lab & using Photo Shop, which I already had on my lap top, I learned to downsize my pics. I reduced the resolution from 180 to 40; I then was able to post pics to the Forum.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ We had lots of moms & kids at the combo park days & baby shower yest. a.m. The moms were pleased with my quilts. Afterwards, I made stops at Walmart (bought a new umbrella for the picnic table), & 2 groc. stores. Had to get chicken & a 5# bag of carrots. This a.m. I'll be making chicken soup. I did the veg. prep. last eve.

DS#1 who had the high B/P problem recently had a follow-up with his dr. His blood work was fine; his B/P is doing well now. DS#2 still is looking for work.

We're supposed to have severe weather this afternoon thunderstorms & chance of hail. Very cool for the next 3 days. Snow is predicted for the mts., up in the Steamboat Springs area. One of the ski resorts hopes to stay open until July 4! Crazy weather.

Well, DH is anxiously waiting for his breakfast, so more time now.

8. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Another cloudy, on again/off again morning. "They" say it's supposed to get better starting this afternoon. I hope "they" are right.

Just hanging around the house today waiting for the oil company to come and check out the motor in our new boiler......again. It started making this awful, high pitched squeal . They came out, did some tweaking and it stopped squealing ....until last week. It has started up again. Not as bad as it was before but I don't want to wait until it gets to that point so we set up an appointment for today.

That means I will have some time in my sewing room. I'll be working on Secret Santa gifts and Max' rag quilt.

Have a fabulous Friday everyone
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

10. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

What's with this weather?! It's cloudy here too and possible rain later and over the weekend. The dogs and I are heading to the cabin later today, and it's going to be cool with rain there as well! I don't think DH or DS and family will be going along. It's hard to keep the little ones busy in our little cabin when the weather is bad. DD will show up though, but even if the weather isn't the best, we can do some "girl things".

I worked at JoAnns yesterday; first time in about 3 weeks. I was really wiped out by the time I got home. When I don't work very often, it seems to be harder than when I work more days. Guess my "JoAnn" muscles need more of a constant workout!

Barb, so sorry to hear of your MIL's cancer...praying that she gets the help she needs from both her doctors and her family.

Blessings on everyone's day. Jeanne

12. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Friday,
    We are expecting warm and sunny days into next week. I can take it. I hear you, Barb - the weather is cettainly having an effect on me more these days. It seems that health and family issues are also part of everyone's daily challenges lately. As I often say, sucks to get old, but I will fight it.

I didn't get to do any gardening yesterday as it sprinkled/rained all day, maybe this morning. I completed all my administrative TO-DO list. My son came for dinner. He is really into house plants, so I think I will go through my library and pots to give him. I don't enjoy taking care of house plants as I did before. Priorities and interests change over the years.

I finished the bird song pattern, but now I need to make it larger for a lap quilt. It's cettainly challenging assembling these curved blocks. I might get to my sewing room for a break this aft. My son also dropped off another vest for me to add a pocket for his cell phone. While they have a pocket, everyone finds it is not positioned comfortably. His colleagues would love to have this done. If I was ambitious, I could make money, but that would take away quilting time. I might suggest that he show this to supplier for modifications.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

14. Thanks baslp thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all— we did have sun at 6 am ,now we are back to clouds. I have to take our Springer to the vet for his yearly exam. Then I am treating myself to a manicure and pedicure. I did a lot of cutting pieces yesterday. Only one more piece of fabric to cut.
    Barb— sorry to hear about you MIL.

Have a good day.
    Beth

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It's beautiful and sunny today for a change. We've had rain and storms and every thing but snow this week. Our TV weather folks tried to make thunderstorms into tornados yesterday. For an hour and a half they talked and showed radar and were sure we were about to be wiped out. Nothing! Wind and rain, and a little damage from downbursts and trees down. One of my ferns blew down and I found 4 tiny baby birds had died. I think they were the only casualties. I'm sure the mama is busy laying more eggs this morning.

I'll be house cleaning and doing laundry today so I can get to the sewing room tomorrow.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of news this morning, so glad for all of the positives- Laura, Monique, and Joy. Lifting prayers for the challenges ahead.

Yesterday was busy. I love it! I put the two borders on Mike's (DH's cousin) quilt. I pieced the outer border. I was thinking if I could find something I really liked, I'd add an outer border, but no luck. For some reason, I'm feeling the need to get this done and in the mail by Monday. I don't know why, but it's priority #1, so much so, I'm all week behind on my Bible study homework.

This morning I've sandwiched the quilt. Resting my hand a bit. I think I'll use these breaks to work on my 'homework'.

The VERC visit was frustrating yesterday. We filled out one form. Ta- da, I could have filled that out myself, I still have to make the appt. go downtown and get set up to have the disability bus come to the house. Nice thing now, they have an 'uber' like set up too,. If you know how long you'll be, you can set up the appt. for pick up and return all at one time. $6 a trip any where in the county. We'll see how much I use it. Classes won't start until the end of July... or October. Neither will really work for me with home schooling starting in August. I'll have to talk to Morgan, Jim and Nana, Nandy, to see what we all can work out. At least it's only 2 days a week and off by 12:30 so my afternoons would be free to get Jonathan if necessary.

Had to laugh last night. I was just getting ready for bed when the bottom fell out. I hadn't one time thought about the noise that would be created by the guttering and the rain. Holy Moley! I know I don't want a metal roof put on this house!

Time to get busy again. Hope everyone has a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post