Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good morning Friday

Hi, again ~ It's good to sit a while. I was on my feet all morning making the chicken soup. It made 14 qts. The containers are not quite cool enough yet to put in the freezer.

Our weather has been iffy, too. Mostly cloudy, then a sun break. So far the high has been only 72. The clouds rolled in with some sprinkles; the temp. dropped to 64. Now the sun's back out.

I was thinking I might venture into the sewing room this afternoon & decide which UFO to work on. I probably should sandwich & quilt the Buckeye Beauty lap quilt top I finished ages ago. It's for DS#2. It's made with wildlife & masculine fabrics. We had a block of the month pattern at guild for Buckeye Beauty a long time ago; I decided to make his quilt using that pattern. There are no baby showers on the horizon, so I can pick & choose what I want to work on.

I'm going to watch Jenny's tutorial for today.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina - you would get used to the metal roof. It wouldn't be too freaky for you as there is no snow accumulation in FL. Ours sits, then slides like an avalanche. The cats just freak out. It is peaceful when it's regular rain.

I got the plants in the ground, and separated some yuccas in 4 pots to give. I stopped yard work when the mosquitoes got annoying. I then went for a manicure. When I came home, I baked some banana choc chip muffins. Getting ready for tomorrow - packing things to keep me busy at gliding club for 6+ hrs. There's a lobster dinner, but I don't want to go in separate cars.

Have a good evening.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon!
    Yesterday I took poor Kaylee to the vet because one of her ears looked red. It turns out she has ear infections in both ears, likely caused by allergies. I also read on the internet that you are supposed to clean German Shepherd's ears regularly. I never heard that before so I will check in with the vet next week to see if that's true. Kaylee has been with us since we found her on the road as a small puppy but I've never cleaned her ears. I never had a dog that needed frequent ear cleaning.

Not much news from here. The weather is pleasant and the other doggies are fine. We're driving up north tomorrow to visit my half-brother and his wife. My ex will stay with our doggies while we're gone. I hope you all have a good evening and a wonderful weekend!

Jeannette

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am surprised about the shepard having ear problems but often dogs whose ears fold down do need ear cleaning. Our vet said to use a half and half combo of alchohol and vinegar to clean using a cotton swab. Daily if there is a problem or weekly to prevent problems.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Crafty, The vet told me that an ear infection is very painful for a dog and some dogs are more prone to have them than others. She gave us a solution that I squirt into Sandy's (lab) ears rub them around a little and then take a soft cloth and wipe them out. She told me to do this ever so often and it has worked for a year now, with no ear infections. I have to wait until she is very tired because she thinks I want to play. This has been a bad season for allergies here in Alabama, grandkids, Sandy, DD Dog, Son n law and myself have suffered. I keep thinking the rain will get rid of it but so far we are all still sneezing.