Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good news, sad news and great news!!

Hi my quilt friends, after a very stressful winter I am back and hope for a great summer.
    There are tons of things going on, as we get older the stuff to deal with seems bigger.......
    The good news, my parents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary last weekend! We had thé best time. A super fun party with all familiy members and friends, great food and lots of love. It was a blessing to see them so happy together and we were all filled with gratitude!

The sad news.....my dad had his kidney removed 2,5 years a go, after the doctor found a huge tumor on it, every six months he goes in for a checkup and they went all well. Till this last time. The cancer has spread in tiny tiny spots on his liver. That was a so sad the hear. He is feeling well and still looks amazing, but we know it is there and he won't recover from this, that is for sure. So we hope and pray he will stay and feel like this for as long as possible, and we will deal with what is next later, but being the daddy's girl that I am, it is hard to realise that my dad won't live for ever...... My parents are both 85.

On to the great news!!
    I am going to be a grandma..........I just can't get my head around this. Over the moon so happy. Daughter #1 and her hubby are expecting their first baby in november. After years of IVF treatment, a very late miscarriage in January they succeded this time with a healthy embryo transfer last march.
    We are in full baby-modus and just so happy this is a true miracle!!
    And we know what they are having, A BOY!!

And this all together the last six months was a lot!

Hope you are all doing well, and have a great friday xxx

I will insert some pictures of my parents and my mom and I, at their diamond wedding anniversary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	159629   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	59 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	159635   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	64 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	159634   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	61 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	159631  
    Last edited by Klasien; June 21st, 2019 at 03:16 AM.
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good news, sad news and great news!!

You look like your Mom and that is a compliment. Sad news about your Dad. I hope he has a good quality of life for as long as possible. Only special Mom's get to graduate to Grandma. Glad you made it. You will have so much fun!
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Klasien thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Anniversary to your parents. And indeed that is sad news about your Dad. Prayers that he does not suffer. We all wish we could have them with us forever. You are very lucky to have had him with you this long. I lost my Dad 33 years ago and I still miss him so much.

Welcome to the very special group called "Grandma". No doubt you will be busy making him special quilts. I will pray that the pregnancy goes well. I am so happy for you.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

5. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Klasien, happy to see you here again. Please tell your parents congrats and Happy Anniversary for me. It sounds like you all had a wonderful celebration. Great pictures! Hoping & praying your dad will be able to enjoy many more years together with your family.

So happy for you and grandbaby news! I guess your mind is already spinning with ideas of quilts & other things to make for him.

Big hug to you!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

7. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you back. It's a major accomplishment to make it to 60 years together. What a wonderful event. And great news on being a grandma. I hope all goes well with the remainder of her pregnancy. Best wishes on your dad's health. Life definitely is a mixed bag --joys & sorrows mixed together.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Please extend my best wishes to your parents. My grandparents almost made it to 70, and my parents to 58. It is tribute to them and the beautiful life they have shared, and to be blessed with family. I hope and pray that your dad enjoys many more years with you.
    Congratulations on becoming a grandma. Welcome back!

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Sharing the Good and Sad news with you and your family. Welcome to the Grandma Club.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

With life there is always good news as well as the bad. Sorry to hear the news about your Dad & I hope he won't be in much pain as he goes forward. Give him lots of hugs. Happy to hear about the new baby!

Your family will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you had some good news to offset the bad. It is tough to know you have a parent that must go through this. Praying that he does not have too much pain. Congrats to your parents on the long and healthy marriage. That is a huge accomplishment. And last but not least, congrats on the grandbaby news. Praying for safe and healthy delivery.