Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday hellos

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday hellos

Good morning everyone. It is a wet start to this day. We didn't get the rain they predicted yesterday. Hubby got the grass cut and I went into town and got my blood work done. Things seemed to stall at one point. A young lady was in and passed out and soiled herself. They were trying to find her a pair of pants. Poor thing. Once that was cleaned up, it went smoothly.

I finished the second baby quilt and now just to make labels for both.

I have my dr's appointment this morning. I will maybe get some answers or at least tests for my neck.

Not sure what will happen in the sewing room if anything. I work tomorrow and Les is going away for a couple of days. I am hoping to get some projects under way.

Have a great day friends.

P/S Suzanne I must have missed your post about the accident at the sailing club? What happened?
    Last edited by Monique; June 20th, 2019 at 07:46 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks 201 Treadler, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday hellos

Morning.....

I dread going into work today; I fell yesterday at work and I am sore. Not to mention, I live in a confused state when I am there due to sub-standard training and not enough hours to get things done.

I created the first block of the Moda Bake Shop summer challenge on Tuesday! At the Seashore will be fun...I hope.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

4. Thanks 201 Treadler, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post
    Morning.....

I dread going into work today; I fell yesterday at work and I am sore. Not to mention, I live in a confused state when I am there due to sub-standard training and not enough hours to get things done.

I created the first block of the Moda Bake Shop summer challenge on Tuesday! At the Seashore will be fun...I hope.
    Oh Sherri, take care of yourself, sorry you got hurt. Did you report it?

After your post, I am also following the summer challenge. Just not sure when I will get around to it, haha.

6. Thanks shermur, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Looks like we had rain last night. There were flash floods on some road ways. More storms are in the forecast. Not much on my agenda today. I want to finish cutting the pieces for my quilt. I have not used my sewing machine in weeks.
    Have a good day.
    Beth

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

Well another day with a rainy start, hope it clears and we see some sun.

Not much exciting going on, hope to get a bit of sewing done today. Yesterday I went to Home Goods to look around and came home with a few gift items. My middle granddaughter is into flamingos and I found her a beautiful wine glass, the stem of it is a flamingo so that will go into her birthday gift bag along with a nice hooded top I bought for her. I also found 6 white coffee mugs that say "coffee" on them stacked in a black wrought iron stand that I picked up as a gift for my daughter and son-in-law's new house. A very compact way of keeping the mugs on the counter. I also found a package of very nice quality kitchen towels, 4 towels for $7.99, which will be great for embroidering on. Last year the towels were a good seller at the craft fair.

Well, my stomach is telling me it needs a little breakfast so it's time to get my day started. Wishing everyone a good day!
    Last edited by Cathy F; June 20th, 2019 at 08:21 AM.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

10. Thanks 201 Treadler, baslp, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    Oh Sherri, take care of yourself, sorry you got hurt. Did you report it?

After your post, I am also following the summer challenge. Just not sure when I will get around to it, haha.
    Ops manager was standing near me when the incident happened. Whether or not she filed an official report? I do not know. But, I still have high hopes something better will come along and I can find a job that facilitates my skills and experience.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

12. Thanks 201 Treadler, baslp, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning....Just a note before I begin my hectic day. Dottie has to go to the vet...I have to go to the bank, the pharmacy and the fabric store.

Maggie got out of her crate last night and this morning I found her snuggled up to me in bed. Dottie didn't make a fuss about her being there. I would like Maggs to be able to sleep with us but that wouldn't go over well at all with Sugar and we can't have three dogs in our bed or I would have to relocate.

We have a busy weekend coming up. Jeff's surgery is coming up (July 1) and we have a lot to get done at the apartments before then.

Sherri...I hope you didn't hurt yourself falling. I hope you reported it to your employer.

Good luck with your doctor appointment today Monique.
    Cathy, I wish I could have gone shopping with you...sounds like you made a nice haul.

Have a great day everyone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, All ~ Clear skies here. It's supposed to be sunny & warm. The temp. hit 92 yest. It didn't cool off much last night.

The lawn service owner came by yest. & checked the newly sodded areas. It's been 3 weeks since the work was done. He said I can resume a normal watering schedule, but to watch for imprinting. That's where you step on the grass & the blades don't come right back up. If there is imprinting, the grass needs extra water. I hate to think what our water bill is going to be this month.

This a.m. is the church baby shower. They're combining it with the regularly scheduled park days. During the summer months the moms & kids get together at various parks in the area every Thurs. It's a time for the moms to socialize & the kids to play. My 3 gift bags are ready to go. I have to take my own chair since seating is limited at this particular park. I probably better wear some sun screen & maybe take a hat.

Sherri ~ By all means file an injury report at your place of work! It should be made a matter of record just in case something develops down the line from the incident. Don't depend on your boss to file it.

Time to get on with my day.

15. Thanks shermur, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sherri ~ By all means file an injury report at your place of work! It should be made a matter of record just in case something develops down the line from the incident. Don't depend on your boss to file it.

I agree with Joy!

17. Thanks shermur, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

It's cloudy and rain is forecast after lunch. I will run errands thIs morning. I was on Facebook and I was surprised to read that one of my favorite LQS (Chesterville) is closing. Ruth sees many of her customers enjoying retirement and she wants to give this a try. She has announced a 20% sale, but I suspect as time goes on, the savings will be more. She already had better prices than most LQS. DH and I took a road trip, it's about 40 mins away. He bought many panels and a kit. I got a lot of neutral blenders, as my stash has been getting low in that area. We will be go back again. DH paid for my purchases, and I paid for dinner at the Persian restaurant.

Our friends/neighbour who just got back from VictorIa, BC, dropped by for a glass of wine and cheese, and we caught up on their trip. Vancouver island is so beautiful and untouched. It was her first time there, and it was nice to see their son who has made this his home. We are going to PEI and east coast with them this year.

Monique - freaky accident. Female driver, drunk and/or on drugs, driving away from accident, drove into club parking lot. She probably thought there was an exit. Surprise. So she ran through a gate 20' w x 12' h. Then realized she was headed toward ramp into river. She was in boat yard, where many boats are still on land and not launched due to flooding this spring. She swirved and ran into the catamaran parked next to us, destoying it. This pushed up against a shed and another boat behind ours. Miraculously, our boat was unharmed. She backed up and drove to the other side of our boat but her car was totalled. They had to extricate her through the trunk. She was probably unhurt, as she was kicking and screaming, and tried to run away. When we went, car and boat parts were all over the yard and under our boat. Luckily, ours was still on winter trailer, so it's higher up. It was just very fortunate she didn't hurt anyone. There was a regatta and probably about 200 extra people at the club. It happened when they were having dinner on the patio. Never a dull moment.

Sherri - I urge you to file an official accident report. Do not assume your boss will report it. She would be listed as a witness. Not sure what workers' protection in your state, but if you had lasting injury down the road, there would be protection. I type so slow that I see Joy and Monique also urge you to do this.

Going to get the day started. Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

19. Thanks shermur, baslp, Monique thanked for this post