• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Thursday hellos

Good morning everyone. It is a wet start to this day. We didn't get the rain they predicted yesterday. Hubby got the grass cut and I went into town and got my blood work done. Things seemed to stall at one point. A young lady was in and passed out and soiled herself. They were trying to find her a pair of pants. Poor thing. Once that was cleaned up, it went smoothly.

I finished the second baby quilt and now just to make labels for both.

I have my dr's appointment this morning. I will maybe get some answers or at least tests for my neck.

Not sure what will happen in the sewing room if anything. I work tomorrow and Les is going away for a couple of days. I am hoping to get some projects under way.

Have a great day friends.

P/S Suzanne I must have missed your post about the accident at the sailing club? What happened?
    Last edited by Monique; June 20, 2019, 04:46 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • shermur
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

Re: Thursday hellos

Morning.....

I dread going into work today; I fell yesterday at work and I am sore. Not to mention, I live in a confused state when I am there due to sub-standard training and not enough hours to get things done.

I created the first block of the Moda Bake Shop summer challenge on Tuesday! At the Seashore will be fun...I hope.
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Monique
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by shermur View Post
      Morning.....

I dread going into work today; I fell yesterday at work and I am sore. Not to mention, I live in a confused state when I am there due to sub-standard training and not enough hours to get things done.

I created the first block of the Moda Bake Shop summer challenge on Tuesday! At the Seashore will be fun...I hope.
      Oh Sherri, take care of yourself, sorry you got hurt. Did you report it?

After your post, I am also following the summer challenge. Just not sure when I will get around to it, haha.

Comment

• baslp
        The Guild President
        • Sep 2012

Good morning. Looks like we had rain last night. There were flash floods on some road ways. More storms are in the forecast. Not much on my agenda today. I want to finish cutting the pieces for my quilt. I have not used my sewing machine in weeks.
        Have a good day.
        Beth

Comment

• Cathy F
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Morning all,

Well another day with a rainy start, hope it clears and we see some sun.

Not much exciting going on, hope to get a bit of sewing done today. Yesterday I went to Home Goods to look around and came home with a few gift items. My middle granddaughter is into flamingos and I found her a beautiful wine glass, the stem of it is a flamingo so that will go into her birthday gift bag along with a nice hooded top I bought for her. I also found 6 white coffee mugs that say "coffee" on them stacked in a black wrought iron stand that I picked up as a gift for my daughter and son-in-law's new house. A very compact way of keeping the mugs on the counter. I also found a package of very nice quality kitchen towels, 4 towels for $7.99, which will be great for embroidering on. Last year the towels were a good seller at the craft fair.

Well, my stomach is telling me it needs a little breakfast so it's time to get my day started. Wishing everyone a good day!
          Last edited by Cathy F; June 20, 2019, 05:21 AM.
          Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• shermur
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Monique View Post
            Oh Sherri, take care of yourself, sorry you got hurt. Did you report it?

After your post, I am also following the summer challenge. Just not sure when I will get around to it, haha.
            Ops manager was standing near me when the incident happened. Whether or not she filed an official report? I do not know. But, I still have high hopes something better will come along and I can find a job that facilitates my skills and experience.
            Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Bubby
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

Good Morning....Just a note before I begin my hectic day. Dottie has to go to the vet...I have to go to the bank, the pharmacy and the fabric store.

Maggie got out of her crate last night and this morning I found her snuggled up to me in bed. Dottie didn't make a fuss about her being there. I would like Maggs to be able to sleep with us but that wouldn't go over well at all with Sugar and we can't have three dogs in our bed or I would have to relocate.

We have a busy weekend coming up. Jeff's surgery is coming up (July 1) and we have a lot to get done at the apartments before then.

Sherri...I hope you didn't hurt yourself falling. I hope you reported it to your employer.

Good luck with your doctor appointment today Monique.
              Cathy, I wish I could have gone shopping with you...sounds like you made a nice haul.

Have a great day everyone.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2013

Good Morning, All ~ Clear skies here. It's supposed to be sunny & warm. The temp. hit 92 yest. It didn't cool off much last night.

The lawn service owner came by yest. & checked the newly sodded areas. It's been 3 weeks since the work was done. He said I can resume a normal watering schedule, but to watch for imprinting. That's where you step on the grass & the blades don't come right back up. If there is imprinting, the grass needs extra water. I hate to think what our water bill is going to be this month.

This a.m. is the church baby shower. They're combining it with the regularly scheduled park days. During the summer months the moms & kids get together at various parks in the area every Thurs. It's a time for the moms to socialize & the kids to play. My 3 gift bags are ready to go. I have to take my own chair since seating is limited at this particular park. I probably better wear some sun screen & maybe take a hat.

Sherri ~ By all means file an injury report at your place of work! It should be made a matter of record just in case something develops down the line from the incident. Don't depend on your boss to file it.

Time to get on with my day.

Comment

• Monique
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2011

Sherri ~ By all means file an injury report at your place of work! It should be made a matter of record just in case something develops down the line from the incident. Don't depend on your boss to file it.

I agree with Joy!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2015

Good morning everyone,

It's cloudy and rain is forecast after lunch. I will run errands thIs morning. I was on Facebook and I was surprised to read that one of my favorite LQS (Chesterville) is closing. Ruth sees many of her customers enjoying retirement and she wants to give this a try. She has announced a 20% sale, but I suspect as time goes on, the savings will be more. She already had better prices than most LQS. DH and I took a road trip, it's about 40 mins away. He bought many panels and a kit. I got a lot of neutral blenders, as my stash has been getting low in that area. We will be go back again. DH paid for my purchases, and I paid for dinner at the Persian restaurant.

Our friends/neighbour who just got back from VictorIa, BC, dropped by for a glass of wine and cheese, and we caught up on their trip. Vancouver island is so beautiful and untouched. It was her first time there, and it was nice to see their son who has made this his home. We are going to PEI and east coast with them this year.

Monique - freaky accident. Female driver, drunk and/or on drugs, driving away from accident, drove into club parking lot. She probably thought there was an exit. Surprise. So she ran through a gate 20' w x 12' h. Then realized she was headed toward ramp into river. She was in boat yard, where many boats are still on land and not launched due to flooding this spring. She swirved and ran into the catamaran parked next to us, destoying it. This pushed up against a shed and another boat behind ours. Miraculously, our boat was unharmed. She backed up and drove to the other side of our boat but her car was totalled. They had to extricate her through the trunk. She was probably unhurt, as she was kicking and screaming, and tried to run away. When we went, car and boat parts were all over the yard and under our boat. Luckily, ours was still on winter trailer, so it's higher up. It was just very fortunate she didn't hurt anyone. There was a regatta and probably about 200 extra people at the club. It happened when they were having dinner on the patio. Never a dull moment.

Sherri - I urge you to file an official accident report. Do not assume your boss will report it. She would be listed as a witness. Not sure what workers' protection in your state, but if you had lasting injury down the road, there would be protection. I type so slow that I see Joy and Monique also urge you to do this.

Going to get the day started. Enjoy your day.
                    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KPH
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2015

First and foremost, Sherri, you fill out a work place accident form and file it! Do it while the events are fresh in your mind. That way you'll be covered if anything stays sore too long, or there's a soft tissue injury. (Bossy momma's are in here this morning!) I do hope you feel better and find something that will be more inspiring for you. Going to work when you're not appreciated or properly trained is so hard to do.

Well for someone with no major plans, I made a lap top quilt yesterday using Donna Jordan's jelly roll, log cabin. I've cut the first border, but I'll have to find something for the outer border. I'm going to piece the middle border. With it using jelly rolls, there wasn't a lot of cutting. The blocks went together easily and I felt like I got something done for a change. If you all would say a few prayers over it with me today and tomorrow. It's for Howard's cousin, Mike (Chris's Dad). He's been through 3 different cancers in 4 years, lung, prostate, now brain tumors. I've been feeling the need to make him a quilt for a while. I've just not been able to do it. Yesterday he had his second gammaknife procedure. I saw a picture of him in the head braces, it broke my heart. I'm hoping to get this in the mail by Monday. The quilting will be super simple. Binding is going to be the biggest challenge for me. That baby quilt took a couple of days to get over. I'll set a timer and make myself take breaks!

Today, is hurry up and wait day. PT at Noon, bug guy at 1:30, and the VERC (vision) lady at 3. She wants to work with glare shields, so here's hoping it isn't pouring down rain so we can go outside to try them. One thing I've figured out about VERC- they're slow, free, but oh so slow! I've missed the window for taking the mobility classes this summer. If they start in July, I'll only have 4 weeks available to go. The kids will be back on their school schedule in August.

Yesterday's rain has led to today's oven door syndrome. It's like a sauna out there! Thank goodness for AC!

Prayers for those in need, and thanksgiving and praise for all of our many blessings.
                      Katrina
                      From NC, retired in FL
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• LauraP
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2015

Katrina, save your wrist some pain and pillowcase your quilt. It will be just as beautiful and appreciated.
                        Today I go in for a CT on the BIG lump on my gallbladder scar. The Dr's think its a hernia but it didn't show up on the ultrasound.
                        My youngest (37) is going in for an MRI on her back today. The doc says her hips point one way and her shoulders point the other way and one side is 2" higher than the other. Hope they can tweak her and it's not something she has to have surgery for.
                        My dear husband woke up unable to bear weight on his ankle so he's sitting with an ice pack and on pills for swelling. They think he crosses his ankle in bed and somehow bruises the sheath around the tendon. But he refuses to have tests done to make sure.
                        I haven't heard from older daughter so don't know what fell apart in her world. We must have gotten on God's bad list today.
                        Last edited by LauraP; June 20, 2019, 08:19 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• BethB
                          The Guild President
                          • Oct 2014

Good morning --- oops it is already afternoon. I am so tired. I had to have the dog down to the vets for grooming between 7 and 8 this morning. Being in Hershey, it is about 15 miles or so from where I live. He was so excited to leave the house as he knew he was going in the car. However, when we arrived, he refused to get out of the car. I had to pull him a little to get him to where I could get his leash on. Note to self --- take his favorite treats along next time. Maybe that will help.

As I was leaving the development where I live, I realized I had forgotten to put my contact in. Too late to turn around so I just continued on. I could still see the vehicles, the signs were just a bit blurry from a distance. Must have been really tired!!

I just want to take a nap, but there is a lot to do. My niece, a realtor, is coming over tomorrow morning to do a CMA --- she will assess my house to see how much she thinks it will sell for. I have never been a real fan of cleaning but I need to do a little bit before she gets here. I was in the basement doing some laundry yesterday and took the time to look around. It is really scary. There is so much stuff down there. My husband had taken stuff out of boxes and put them into plastic tubs a couple of years ago but hadn't gotten rid of anything. Now it is up to me --- what a job that is going to be.

I can hear it raining outside --- so glad I took the dog out after we got back from the groomers. Have a great day everyone.

Nancy

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                            Missouri Star
                            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by LauraP View Post
                            My youngest (37) is going in for an MRI on her back today. The doc says her hips point one way and her shoulders point the other way and one side is 2" higher than the other. Hope they can tweak her and it's not something she has to have surgery for.
                            To avoid surgery, you may want to seek the services of an osteopath. Tremendously helped me and DH.
                            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• 201 Treadler
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2018

Hi all
                              today has been a day of no coms??? to be honest didn't mind its nice to look out and see the day, there was no sleep again last night, the day is loooong, sun finally setting in double figures.
                              have a great Friday 21st will catch up again when communication device works better.
                              T
                              🧵Treadler from UK 👋

Comment

Working...
                              X